weekly Blondie606's 52 in 2014 Wk 52 Support-THE END :-)

Wk 2 brings us Play.....not enthralled , no real props that I had idea's for so settled for this to make sure I don't fall behind !

Bit of artisitc licence in there as well...I confess I have no idea how to play this game :help:
Amended after a quick Google on the rules of Scrabble plus a quick light painting session.....

Wk 2 Play jpeg
by llj666, on Flickr

Dunno why I went mono , just had the idea & went with it...not true B&W as the tiles are cream , the rather old & well used ( read warped & worn) board is a lighter shade of grey

Last edited:
Hi Lynne, what a strange way you have of playing scrabble , I like the comp and Dof
slight trim at the top and right hand side to lose the black would be my only crit,

Nice idea, but unless I'm mistaken, you cannot do diagonals in scrabble, so the image doesn't work for me, sorry.

I'm drawn to the colour out of the two
Hi Lynne, what a strange way you have of playing scrabble , I like the comp and Dof
slight trim at the top and right hand side to lose the black would be my only crit,

Hmmmmm....think I may have mentioned this....I have no idea how you play the game :rolleyes: much prefer Monopoly but I don't have that game to hand :(

Ha, very good. I have done a similar thing but had to make do with Junior Scrabble as i'm just a big kid. :D Yours is what i envisaged in my head but in practice it's no where near as good due to the junior version having hardly ANY letters! :rolleyes:

Brilliant take on the theme Lynne.

Hi Lynne :wave:
Back again for another year eh? Couldn't keep away? Me neither :D

Great start to this years 52 Missus (y)
Line is a very strong image, I particularly like the contrasty feel to it, composition very strong too.

Play, artistic licence, why not?
My vote goes to the mono version Lynne. Iain

Ha, very good. I have done a similar thing but had to make do with Junior Scrabble as i'm just a big kid. :D Yours is what i envisaged in my head but in practice it's no where near as good due to the junior version having hardly ANY letters! :rolleyes:

Brilliant take on the theme Lynne.

Cheers David...great minds & all that......can't belive there's less letters , only just had enough in the full version ! & I've amended my shot after reading the rules of how the game's played :rolleyes:

Hi Lynne :wave:
Back again for another year eh? Couldn't keep away? Me neither :D

Great start to this years 52 Missus (y)
Line is a very strong image, I particularly like the contrasty feel to it, composition very strong too.

Play, artistic licence, why not?
My vote goes to the mono version Lynne. Iain

Good to see you again Iain( if only virtually ) , I've decided that the 52 is a good place to be....kinda like a comfy pair of slippers really :)

I've put a proper version of the Play shot in , artistic licence wasn't well received :oops: :$

:wave:Lynne, you can't have the t above the c it doesn't make a word :p

Very good, I like the mono, it suites the image (y) .....took me a while to read round the words :D

Hi Lynne - good to see a familiar 'face' on here. I'm back from my year off in 2013.
'Line' looks good to me - liking the high contrast mono and the way your eye gets taken round the bend at the top of the pic.
It is difficult at this time of year isn't it what with all the darkness.

Damn! I have my Scrabble board all laid out ready for this!! I like it, and no matter about the rules (for Scrabble, that is).

Quick of the mark this week....nice pic and like the fact you've put some though into the lettering

:wave:Lynne, you can't have the t above the c it doesn't make a word :p

Very good, I like the mono, it suites the image (y) .....took me a while to read round the words :D

Cheers Phil....I did mention artistic licence....besides , I like TC...cracking cartoon :p

Hi Lynne - good to see a familiar 'face' on here. I'm back from my year off in 2013.
'Line' looks good to me - liking the high contrast mono and the way your eye gets taken round the bend at the top of the pic.
It is difficult at this time of year isn't it what with all the darkness.

& good to see you ( virtually ) again Mike...I can't imagine saturdays without a theme any more ( maybe I need to get a life :D )

Darkness is a pain , i get sundays & if I'm really luck saturday afternoons to get my shot done...actually , it's a good job I haven't got a life I guess :eek:

Hey Lynne :)

Play - The mono works really well, perfect idea, plenty of words in there too and the DoF deep enough to read them all... not sure who played TC though :D

Thanks DK....

Damn! I have my Scrabble board all laid out ready for this!! I like it, and no matter about the rules (for Scrabble, that is).

Thanks Diane , look forward to seeing your take on it .... & rules were made for breaking :naughty:

Hi, I think the mono suits the somewhat battered board. You can't play scrabble :)

Well composed and the words work well.

Cheers.

Correct...scrabble was never something I did......monopoly was far more fun :D

Quick of the mark this week....nice pic and like the fact you've put some though into the lettering

Thanks Colin , only get saturday afternoon's & sunday's so gotta be quick or get left behind .....

More good stuff, don't play scrabble so no idea of any rules work for me. :)

Thanks Judi....I had to google for the rules......Love your pooch by the way (y)

Thanks Diane , look forward to seeing your take on it .... & rules were made for breaking :naughty:

OK, I might still use that idea, but I have a couple more ideas in the back of my head, so will have a think about it.

Firstly well done on your Photo of the Week :clap: I can see why they picked that one.
I like the composition of the tracks and the way they just start to veer off at the end.
The scrabble is made by your clever selection of words (y)

Cleaver use of the words on the board(y) Think a very slight anticlockwise rotation but that's being picky. Well done!

Don't knock yourself - nothing wrong with this photo at all - it suits a mono conversion.

Nice entry for this week, I would like a bit more contrast though... Still have no idea what I'm going to do!

it works for me, like the perspective of the lines going up through the board, what sort of a word is "TC" though??

I like this (and the original), good lighting, very nice composition although it does seem to be on a bit of a slope left to right (laid on a bed maybe??)

Hi Lynne liking the b/w for this weeks challenge and the choice of words also. :)

I like the B&W and the depth of field as well as the idea. I am a bit late posting as I preferred the version with the diagonal Challenge! It made it more dynamic to me. Still like this one though.

Odd - It's a great image but I'm still stumped as to what it is!
Line - Nice simple image but my eyes are drawn to the pp at the top of the frame.
Play - Good. It seems to be leaning to the right but it's not! I like the mono treatment and the DOF.

I think I must have missed some different versions somewhere along the way. Even though there's colour on the board I tend to agree with your choice of a mono conversion. DoF good as well.

Hi Lynne,

What a strong start you're having!!

Odd - fantastic and a great original idea!
Line - I like the symmetry and the black and white conversion - at first I found the signal distracting but it is part of the railway and I don't think it distracts too much
Play - I can't believe you don't play Scrabble, maybe you should take it on your weekend away soon, it could be a useful photo prop as well!

Back