Boats - an open thread

Just out of interest when were the shots of the Fleetwood wrecks taken, if fairly recent then they are holding up remarkable well.

Tob Harbour.JPG

Tobermory Harbour 2007

Last edited:
Just a simple Snapograph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of one of the many old boats scattered about the beach that have just been Left To Rot.

I would normally present this type of snap in "Black & White" which is my preferred style, but I have been experimenting with "Luminar 3" software trying to get a kinda bleached out look and this is my first attempt using one of the presets with a bit of personal adjustment and then finished off using "Affinity Photo.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 10-24mm Lens, 1/1000th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Things Left Behind (33) (Dungeness)-03375 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

I think it benefits from retaining the colours, giving us a hint of what she may have once looked like.

Lovely shot. I I think the 'bleached' rendering works.

I think it benefits from retaining the colours, giving us a hint of what she may have once looked like.

Lovely shot. I I think the 'bleached' rendering works.

Thank you kindly Morris, I sure do appreciate your reply.

i-P9gbRPH.jpg

This is the Sir Tristram moored at Stanley after the conflict. What a mess she was and how frightening it must have been to have been aboard when she was hit. Shot on my Pentax ME Super. (I should rescan this now I have a decent scanner).

IMG_20190914_0002.jpg

Last edited:
Back