Brian of Bozeats '26 from '52 - 2015 week 52: Christmas

I'm afraid I do not find this a good shell shot Brian ... too much light reflection.

Hi Brian. I like the graduated coloured rings in the shell but looks a little "flat" without shadows to give it definition.

Thanks. I agree.

I'm afraid I do not find this a good shell shot Brian ... too much light reflection.

Thanks for your opinion. It's always good to know what people think even if we don't agree. No need to feel afraid btw, We're still friends. [emoji6]

Hi Brian

Thanks but .... I forgot to mention the above link is not working:

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

:thinking:

Thanks for letting me know. It works for me on 2 different desktops and my ipad. <shrug>

Last edited:
Week 29: Pale

I decided to work on the 'white on white' a bit more. This took all of 5 minutes in my lunch break, shot on my phone and tweaked with a quick levels adjustment...

My guess is that it will display differently on different screens, if your screen is brighter than mine you might not see anything! :D

Anyway, for what it is worth:

View attachment 42263

I can see it now .. but it took a while. :)

Perhaps I have to be a FB member to view those other cow pics.

Marginal shading variance Brian - in fact blizzard-like white-out. I'd call that subtle.

Hi Brian, :wave:... True to your word, here you are. I never doubted you for a minute. :D

White on white is almost as tricky as black on black I reckon. I had a go at both in last year's 52.

Reckon you have the hi-key side nailed here, there is just enough information to see what it actually is (plastic spoon?), but still enough nothing to give the mystery. (y)

Initially thought the composition maybe a bit central and vertical.. But actually with the symmetry I think it works best like that.

Quite like that. Nice and simple. The reflections on the spoon detract a tad from the cleanness of the photograph.

Square crop works well.

Chests.

I love it. That is a very interesting photograph, which is a bloody odd thing to say when there is hardly anything to see; still love it though.

I can see it now .. but it took a while. :)

Perhaps I have to be a FB member to view those other cow pics.

Thanks, did you really just say that your NOT on fb? - OMG, you're the one! :D

Marginal shading variance Brian - in fact blizzard-like white-out. I'd call that subtle.

Thanks, just the effect I was after.

Hi Brian, :wave:... True to your word, here you are. I never doubted you for a minute. :D

White on white is almost as tricky as black on black I reckon. I had a go at both in last year's 52.

Reckon you have the hi-key side nailed here, there is just enough information to see what it actually is (plastic spoon?), but still enough nothing to give the mystery. (y)

Initially thought the composition maybe a bit central and vertical.. But actually with the symmetry I think it works best like that.

Hiya Graham, many thanks for your critique, it's nice to be "back". White on white has always been something I have struggled with, but I like this one. (y)

Quite like that. Nice and simple. The reflections on the spoon detract a tad from the cleanness of the photograph.

Square crop works well.

Chests.

I agree about the shiny bits, I hadb't noticed until you pointing it out! :bat::D. That will teach me to post in haste! :(

I love it. That is a very interesting photograph, which is a bloody odd thing to say when there is hardly anything to see; still love it though.

Hi Martin. Glad you like it. Thanks for popping in. (y)

Hi Brian,

Catching up on a few here...

Medical: Great photo and thanks for the explanation. A perfect fit to the theme. Only crit I have is something doesn't look quite right with the ears - maybe lacking in contrast a bit (or it could just be my monitor?).
Proverb: A different take on the 52 photo project. I guess a video is made up of loads of stills so you have just submitted lots that are very similar ;) Well done on the flying too. A mode of transport I must try one day.
Pale: I like this. A pale minimalist photo but with lots of detail when you look closer. I like the spoon too but the reflection needs retouching out.

I look forward to more :)

Last edited:
Hi Brian,

Catching up on a few here...

Medical: Great photo and thanks for the explanation. A perfect fit to the theme. Only crit I have is something doesn't look quite right with the ears - maybe lacking in contrast a bit (or it could just be my monitor?).
Proverb: A different take on the 52 photo project. I guess a video is made up of loads of stills so you have just submitted lots that are very similar ;) Well done on the flying too. A mode of transport I must try one day.
Pale: I like this. A pale minimalist photo but with lots of detail when you look closer. I like the spoon too but the reflection needs retouching out.

I look forward to more :)

Thanks for commenting, yes I have cloned out the reflection on my master copy of pale and it looks better. Not sure what you mean on the ears thing? I will have a look...

Cheers!

Hi Brian ...I like the idea of the shell....nice pale colours there so spot on for the theme. I agree about a shadow, it does look a bit 'floaty' but your white background is excellent :clap: I find them so difficult to do.

I love Andys project too....I did have ago at trying to do something like it but not very successfully :(

Thanks Susie, let's give Andy a poke eh? I think he's been a bit lazy don't you? ;)

I really like the cow Brian, even if it does need a bit of a shoehorn for the medical theme! Reminds a lot me of the cover to Atom Heart Mother, but I'm sure you're too young to remember that! No problems seeing the spoon on my screen, quite a novel idea for tears!

Hi again :D have you been bitten by the 'white bug' o_O

Minimal ...I love the the idea, your spoon looks great on the ipad, I must persevere at this, it's a great concept. Any more ??

Thank you, Yes percevere it's worth it and quite easy once you get it... No more (yet)

I really like the cow Brian, even if it does need a bit of a shoehorn for the medical theme! Reminds a lot me of the cover to Atom Heart Mother, but I'm sure you're too young to remember that! No problems seeing the spoon on my screen, quite a novel idea for tears!

Thank you, and yes I do remember Atom Heart Mother! (my older sister had it though, not me... I'm a lot more "dark side of the moon" and "wish you were here" :cool:

B. :cow:

Week 30: TEAR

So I've had a busy week and It's time to admit defeat. I never did get round to my great idea for tear, perhaps I'll get a re-shoot soon so I will keep the idea under wraps for now.

Anyway - Here's a pic I took from the Basket on Sunday morning: Pitsford Reservoir looking splendid with the "angel light". If you look closely there's a little sad "face" in the corner of the damn made up by two fishing boats and a jetty, maybe the little sad face cried so many TEARs :naughty: it filled the reservoir? :crying:

View attachment 42878

:cow:

Last edited:
Ha ha - very good Brian. I see the glum face. Highly novel offering for the theme. Lovely panoramic scene and lovely sun rays as well. (Not sure my hand would be all that steady up there).

Morning, I thought you were using the water in the reservoir as a tear. It has a very cubist teardrop look to it.

Lovely view, though.

Cheers.

Hmmmm on theme I suppose, striking landscape too. :)

Hi Brian, well done for getting that one in :wideyed: the lengths you will go to to get a picture of a little sad face I can only admire :notworthy:

can't wait for "word" :p

Ha ha - very good Brian. I see the glum face. Highly novel offering for the theme. Lovely panoramic scene and lovely sun rays as well. (Not sure my hand would be all that steady up there).

Many thanks. I must admit that there are occasional moments of clarity when I wonder what the hell I'm doing up there... LOL.

Morning, I thought you were using the water in the reservoir as a tear. It has a very cubist teardrop look to it.

Lovely view, though.

Cheers.

Andy, this is a VERY impressive comment. Wow, I see what you are saying but I would never have seen it without you saying it first. I'm going to work on that, Great stuff.

Brilliant love the imagination and the image is just wow x

Aww, thank you.

Hmmmm on theme I suppose, striking landscape too. :)

Of course it is! :D Thanks.

Hi Brian, well done for getting that one in :wideyed: the lengths you will go to to get a picture of a little sad face I can only admire :notworthy:

can't wait for "word" :p

Thank you. You don't have to I'm here to post it... <gulp>

Hi Brian ....what more could you want a glorious landscape and a little sad tearful face included .... a bit of imagination and its bang on theme :)

Terrific sky by the way.

Thanks Susie,

That's a novelty way of shoehorning to fit!

Shoehorn? How very dare you. :D:ROFLMAO:

Uncanny resemblance .... not necessarily with Bruce Willis you understand ha ha. It's ... It's ...highly original that's for sure.

OMG .... and the above mentioned funky eye. :eek:

Many thanks for all your kind comments. o_O :D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

The whole idea came about when I was thinking about how annoying it is when I can't remember a word, but "it's on the tip of my tongue" - it happens to me more and more often these days and it drives me mad! :mad: - The funny eye was an idea that came up during processing.

Back