Brian of Bozeats '26 from '52 - 2015 week 52: Christmas

Hi Brian. Isn't that the logo for Apple's new self-tattoo gadget? Vibrant colour and certainly well themed.

Hi, Brian, Geometry, works for me. Nice and bright, colourful, plenty of detail. I think It'd look better in a square crop.

Fashion, well spotted with the iMark :) I'm glad you didn't get near the lingerie section :naughty:

Cheers.

iMark ... clever :clap:

And genuine candid street, nice ... or did you ask that girl to pose like that? :exit:

I quite like the house leek, it was an ideal subject for a bit of geometry! Has some really nice colour and nice sharp focus, I like all the little highlights running round it that almost gives it a cobweb type appearance works very well(y)

Fashion .... still one I have to shoot and struggling like you:rolleyes:. Love this, reckon the Apple Police will be out looking for you! Your model was obviously taking part in the round UK hopping Marathon.
I'm with Allan with the disposable fashion too.... and this is just the shop for it. Nice Clean shot well exposed, Fits the theme well enough:D

Hi Brian. Isn't that the logo for Apple's new self-tattoo gadget? Vibrant colour and certainly well themed.

lol - would cost a fortune!

As Susie said I think the crop of the sign would have been good on it's one. Anyways spot on theme :) I think I might have been a bit nervous about snapping away outside the kids department but maybe that's also a sign of times.:coat:

Week 36: Chilled.

Clouds form when rising air is chilled to its dew point. So I went up between the scattered clouds to see if I could get a shot for my 52' and I was rewarded with this beautiful scene. To be honest this particular cloud had my alarm bells ringing a bit - I descended rapidly afterwards to get clear of it - but flying between the clouds was the highlight of my whole weekend.

4500 feet over Matlock Derbyshire:
Chatsworth-178.jpg

Two stunning shots Brian. The clouds in #1 looks very intimidating so not surprised at all by the rapid retreat - marvellous to see. Like the way sunlight highlights parts of the geography - beautiful colours of our lush and green countryside:clap:

Two cracking images Brian I love the cloud formation in #1
To be honest this particular cloud had my alarm bells ringing a bit -
I'm curious to know why, storm cloud perhaps?

Two cracking images Brian I love the cloud formation in #1

I'm curious to know why, storm cloud perhaps?

Thanks, I'm very pleased with them. The white patch in the distance on the ground in the second picture is the tents from the Chatsworth county fair where we took off, note the Balloons strung out below us, we were one of the first away.

RE: your question. Yes, a baby storm cloud.

Can you see the steep sides of the vertical development? Cumulus clouds (clouds with vertical development) create their own localised turbulence*. The only sensible action is to distance yourself to avoid getting sucked in. This one didn't have enough energy to cause us a problem in the end, but better safe than sorry.

*The science bit: This type of cloud is often found at the top of thermals. Vertical development of the cloud occurs when the water vapour in the fast rising air gives off latent heat (due to the state change) as it condenses into liquid, if it releases enough latent heat to start to rise again a chain reaction can start, if it has enough energy it can get seriously dangerous.

For info: The stratus (layered) clouds in the other picture - although they have thickness - are tame. These form through natural wide spread heat cycling of the atmosphere, think of them as fog, only higher up.

RE: your question. Yes, a baby storm cloud.
Thanks for the explanation Brian (y)

But no way would you get me up in one of those things !
( as the caterpillar said to his mate as a butterfly went by :D )

2 cracking pictures for Chilled, and they suit the theme on a number of levels.

Seeing that cloud formation would give you chills down your spine
I imagine it can get quite chilly up there if you aren't prepared for it
As someone who hates heights I think I could be quite chilled in a Hot Air Balloon

Hi Brian,
Chilled - I wouldn't been chilled I'd have been soiled :oops: :$ Wonderful images though, beautiful scenery, subtle sun rays and cloud patterns. Really very nice to look at (y)

Week 37 Special:

I decided to go for a special processing effect this week.

pop art 2.jpg

Last edited:
lol, great processing on Special. Now get an idiot proof guide done so the rest of us can have a try ;)
The shot does seem to suit the processing, with a simple enough background that the processing doesn't over power.

Hi Brian, how very pop art, it must be awful to have all those comments while going about your daily life.

excellent made me laugh :clap::clap:

Ha ... great use of the the Comic Book treatment.

Hunk ... and you didn't mishear her? :whistle:

Hi Brian, sorry I haven't been on here for a while.

Chilled - two great images, but somehow the stormcloud in #2 detracts from the "chilledness", so #2 for me.
Special - you've really captured the comic book feel in this one, made me smile.

Week 37: Special reshoot.
Out on the lane today I had a special moment. I stopped the car and I stood, in awe of the beautiful light before me. I Hope I have done it justice.

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1442508185.404428.jpg

Love the special effect for #1 - texture and speech bubble create a great comic book style. How often have I tried to capture the light rays through trees (or clouds) and failed ... miserably. This is a magical scene, nicely taken - well done you.

Hi Brian :)

Chilled - Another couple of great shots from, your balloon, liking them both for separate reasons, really like the cloud formation in the first image but find the ground too dark, in contrast the ground on the second has the sun caught very nicely, but find the sky not so special, still both wonderful views :)

Special - lol, what can one say, nicely created image, and great sense of humor :)

Special re-shoot - Lovely shot of two halves, shame a bit of detail couldn't be pulled out from the LHS, as that's cracking sunlight coming through the trees, also love the mottled light on the road, really nice (y)

'ello, Special #1 works well, apart from the blatant lie ;)

Special #2, I can only imagine being there. I can almost feel the warmth. I'm more drawn to the somewhat sinister, dark LH section. All manner of monsters lurking in there :runaway:

Cheers.

Nice shots for chilled and Special. Like the PP on Special particularly, well done

Thank you.

lol, great processing on Special. Now get an idiot proof guide done so the rest of us can have a try ;)
The shot does seem to suit the processing, with a simple enough background that the processing doesn't over power.

There's loads of "Pop art" processing tutorials on you tube Tim... Blast, there goes my secret!

Hi Brian, how very pop art, it must be awful to have all those comments while going about your daily life.

excellent made me laugh :clap::clap:

It's a thought bubble not a speech bubble... But I can hear them thinking anyway:thinking:... But I'm not strange am I? I mean, you can all hear them thinking... can't you? :confused:

Ha ... great use of the the Comic Book treatment.

Hunk ... and you didn't mishear her? :whistle:

See, you mock me, and I kept it clean.... :LOL: thanks for commenting.

Hi Brian, sorry I haven't been on here for a while.

Chilled - two great images, but somehow the stormcloud in #2 detracts from the "chilledness", so #2 for me.
Special - you've really captured the comic book feel in this one, made me smile.

Thank you.

Love the special effect for #1 - texture and speech bubble create a great comic book style. How often have I tried to capture the light rays through trees (or clouds) and failed ... miserably. This is a magical scene, nicely taken - well done you.

Awww, cheers for the nice words Carl. (y)

Hi Brian :)

Chilled - Another couple of great shots from, your balloon, liking them both for separate reasons, really like the cloud formation in the first image but find the ground too dark, in contrast the ground on the second has the sun caught very nicely, but find the sky not so special, still both wonderful views :)

Special - lol, what can one say, nicely created image, and great sense of humor :)

Special re-shoot - Lovely shot of two halves, shame a bit of detail couldn't be pulled out from the LHS, as that's cracking sunlight coming through the trees, also love the mottled light on the road, really nice (y)

Thanks Dean, I had a shot with more detail in the left hand side, but I prefered this one. For the contrast, and because of the way the dark are leads my eye into the rays.

I prefer the first Special technique shot. Like the bubble too. What kind of pp is that?

Not sure about #2. The road surface foreground is a bit confusing to me. I think crop it out to make a 16:9 ratio may works better.

HI, It's "pop art" or "comic book" style. I see what you mean about the foreground but that's how it was, the light was "pouring" down through the trees!

'ello, Special #1 works well, apart from the blatant lie ;)

Special #2, I can only imagine being there. I can almost feel the warmth. I'm more drawn to the somewhat sinister, dark LH section. All manner of monsters lurking in there :runaway:

Cheers.

Cheeky! - Yeah it really was kind of magical light, I was so lucky to happen upon it.

Hi Brian ...great processing for Special #1 the speech bubble adds a smashing touch of humour :) really nicely done.

Special #2 is excellent, you've made a brilliant job of catching those sun rays, as Andy says the complete contrast with the 'dark side' gives it a real atmosphere.

Thanks Susie. :)

Week 38: Despair

This is "sad cat" he lives in the corner under my piano and he's lost all hope.

He rang the Samaritans but the poor guy who answered couldn't help and word has it that he slit his own wrists when he heard sad cat's story... there is no hope for him, none. Ever. (I'm crying while typing this)

Despair-1.jpg

Hi, obviously your piano playing leaves a little to be desired, poor cat

Back