weekly Bruja's 52 - 2017 AWOL and OUT

Love the lighting on this one Jill ...it gives a very spooky feel to it :clap:

Thanks Susie (and I got to eat the chocolate that I bought for my first idea then saw Allan H had already done it :p)

Have you used this mask before? Its quite sinister especially the way you have lit it, so definitely dark In a couple of ways.

Not this particular mask no. I used one in the 2009 52 with a butterfly on.

Sinister is what I was aiming for so thank you (y)

wooo lovely clean simple image. Great lighting and I'm pleased to see landscape orientation. :clap:

Great photo, clean and simple, and very clever lighting!

Your second 'dark' shot is way darker in all senses and works much better for me. Nice one.

Your second 'dark' shot is way darker in all senses and works much better for me. Nice one.

Thanks for the support Chris (y)

That first mask shot is just brilliant Jill - great control of lighting, very dramatic. The second is pretty spooky, too! Hope you get your mojo back soon...your ideas are so creative and fun!

Thanks so much Emma. I finally relaxed about the theme and as we were eating in a fab Italian restaurant in Granada I spotted the opportunity below....

Sitting eating in an Italian restaurant in Granada last night I notoced they had a huge variety of ceiling and wall lights. As the 'free' Lambrusco did it's thing I thought hmmm, Power and here we are. So if I can't find my mojo again I'll know where to look :D

POWER

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ThWX6L]

Power by Bruja Jill, on Flickr[/URL]

Well it works for me, great colours and shape. It looks like the centre of a flower, a Gerbera maybe.

Works very well for me, it almost looks as if the metal spokes are melting!

Oddly, lighting was one of the things that came to my mind for Power.
Works well Jill, good colours, leading lines from all directions and an off centre composition.

So even when you're not feeling inspired you're able to nail it :)

Lost your mojo my arse! Thats another great shot Jill. I love the offset central part.
Im guessing a low watt "display" type bulb ?

2 good shots for Dark, I prefer the second as it's just a little more sinister.

Power, very opportunistic, they almost look like fuse wires burning away.

(y)

Power, a very good tale on theme Jill. I like how the light is coming out and along, nice colour helps set it off :)

Well it works for me, great colours and shape. It looks like the centre of a flower, a Gerbera maybe.

Works very well for me, it almost looks as if the metal spokes are melting!

That's very good nice abstract kind of like an eye

Oddly, lighting was one of the things that came to my mind for Power.
Works well Jill, good colours, leading lines from all directions and an off centre composition.

So even when you're not feeling inspired you're able to nail it :)

Lost your mojo my arse! Thats another great shot Jill. I love the offset central part.
Im guessing a low watt "display" type bulb ?

No inspiration Jill ?? I think that works very well, wonderful warm colours, offset composition too, nice (y)

2 good shots for Dark, I prefer the second as it's just a little more sinister.

Power, very opportunistic, they almost look like fuse wires burning away.

(y)

Ooh - I love that!! Welcome back Jill's mojo :clap:

Thanks so much all of you for your comments and support (y)

Routine - 2 great shots for the theme, but number 2 for me cleaner composition for my tastes.
Number - Thats a very clever interpretation of the theme, I like it.
Attractive - I love both the images and they both fit nicely into the theme, not sure which has the edge for me as the colours, clarity and composition work well in both images.
Dark - bang on for the theme.
Power - I really like this nice find for the theme.
Above - Love them bright colours feels very summery, perfect take on the theme.

Lovely bright colours, and the foot in the frame completes the picture!

Power ... well spotted ... found yer mojo for sure. Lambrusco's not my drink but perhaps it should be. o_O

Above ... camera above the flora above the foot! On theme! Bright & cheerful too.

Routine - 2 great shots for the theme, but number 2 for me cleaner composition for my tastes.
Number - Thats a very clever interpretation of the theme, I like it.
Attractive - I love both the images and they both fit nicely into the theme, not sure which has the edge for me as the colours, clarity and composition work well in both images.
Dark - bang on for the theme.
Power - I really like this nice find for the theme.
Above - Love them bright colours feels very summery, perfect take on the theme.

Wow, Mandy, thanks for the massive catch up and glad to see you back on here :wave:

Lovely angle, lovely story, lovely colours. Nice.

Ooh, thanks Gremlin and thanks for taking the time to leave a comment (y)

Lovely bright colours, and the foot in the frame completes the picture!

Thank you brrnd (y)

Power ... well spotted ... found yer mojo for sure. Lambrusco's not my drink but perhaps it should be. o_O

Above ... camera above the flora above the foot! On theme! Bright & cheerful too.

Lambrusco is not really mine but it was free :p

Lots of aboves then. We get poppies here in April/May :D

They look good from ABOVE and the foot gives a good sense of scale. (y)

Thanks Dominic :)

What a lovely cheery bright photo Jill, the foot definitely adds to the idea of 'looking down' from Above
Super bright shot for Power too ...definitely two eye catchers :)

You always say nice things about my pics. Thanks Susie :D

Hi Jill, making some long overdue comments at last.
Despite the first perhaps fitting the theme better, I prefer he second shot for routine - it's a really nice portrait. Clever concept for Number. Dark is really cool, it looks like some sort of computer graphic and the "is it real" nature is a bit unsettling. Power is great, the refelction of the light on the spokes makes it looks likt the power is emanating out from the middle. Above is well thought out - the inclusion of the shoe really gives it a sense of perspective.

Those bright colours say...bring on summer!
it already feels like it here with poppies everywhere :D

Hi Jill, making some long overdue comments at last.
Despite the first perhaps fitting the theme better, I prefer he second shot for routine - it's a really nice portrait. Clever concept for Number. Dark is really cool, it looks like some sort of computer graphic and the "is it real" nature is a bit unsettling. Power is great, the refelction of the light on the spokes makes it looks likt the power is emanating out from the middle. Above is well thought out - the inclusion of the shoe really gives it a sense of perspective.

Wow, thanks for that mega catchup. Thanks so much for taking the time (y)

Back