Canon Pro 1/10/100 - Owners Thread

Snap, my pro 100s is a Christmas pressie (but I've been allowed it early) so I've done a test print with the Oyster Paper using the canon Luster profile... And I was impressed so will be ordering up some A3+ after Christmas though as just haven't got time at the moment to play with said printer...

Surprised this combo worked. You can download all the printer paper profiles for your printer at Permajet

Have either of you had an acknowledgement email? i haven't although I have and order number which I got from the site.

Just ordered one but further down they have the same printer listed at £350 - might be a website error..... thanks for the heads up ...:banana:
Brill price! Ordered! Thank you and will return my unopened £299 one!

have either of you guys received an acknowledgement email for your order? I haven't and a bit worried now I will not get it for the bargain price.

We'll have to see - It could be a pricing error as it is listed at £350 as well, but the price reduction is inline with the discounts on the other models. I've got until 23rd Jan to post back my other one, so I should be ok if this turns out to be bogus.

I've had an order confirmation receipt email.
We'll have to see - It could be a pricing error as it is listed at £350 as well, but the price reduction is inline with the discounts on the other models. I've got until 23rd Jan to post back my other one, so I should be ok if this turns out to be bogus.

I tried phoning LCE but just got an answer machine message. I have now emailed them. As I paid by Paypal I checked this also and nothing showing aarrrghhh. decided to contact them and they have confirmed that the transaction completed this morning. They are now going to send me a confirmation email. Have also checked my bank account and it is showing as a pending transaction.
Fingers crossed they all go through ok and we all get them.

I've just ordered one also . I've been wanting a new photo printer for ages and could turn this down for the price .

Just ordered one too, and confirmation Email came straight through. Let's see what happens come Tuesday! Thanks for the heads up!

Simon.

Ordered that now can you find me a cheap calibrator......:runaway: thanks again for the post..!
A lifetime's supply of carts and A3+ paper for next to nothing too please :banana:

Just ordered one. First order said my card payment didn't go through with no clear explanation why, so ordered again with Paypal and got order confirmation.

How often should I use it to prevent the head clogging? I used to have Canon inkjets years ago but eventually the heads clogged up and a new print head cost nearly as much as a new printer. I used third party ink (could be the cause) but didn't print too often.

Also I use an Xrite i1 display pro. Do I need/how much would I benefit from some sort of printer calibrator?

Last edited:
Tried to justify getting one of the 199 quid A3 printers, but just didn't have the space or need for it. Hardly ever print above A4 and for those rare occasions its economical to get it done online

Good luck to all of you though that have ordered one, gut rells me its a misprice and won't be honoured, but sometimes these things work out well.

A lifetime's supply of carts and A3+ paper for next to nothing too please :banana:

Just ordered one. First order said my card payment didn't go through with no clear explanation why, so ordered again with Paypal and got order confirmation.

How often should I use it to prevent the head clogging? I used to have Canon inkjets years ago but eventually the heads clogged up and a new print head cost nearly as much as a new printer. I used third party ink (could be the cause) but didn't print too often.

Also I use an Xrite i1 display pro. Do I need/how much would I benefit from some sort of printer calibrator?

How do you find the display pro...? Do you use it on a Mac...?

Looking at the colormunki display calibrator...i'll probably stick to Canon paper and the built in printer profiles via photoshop

Good luck to all of you though that have ordered one, gut rells me its a misprice and won't be honoured, but sometimes these things work out well.

That's my gut feel too Rich. However, I was about to buy a Pixma IP8750, so if they don't honour the price, then I'll just go back to Plan A :D

Cheers,

Simon.

How do you find the display pro...? Do you use it on a Mac...?

Looking at the colormunki display calibrator...i'll probably stick to Canon paper and the built in printer profiles via photoshop
Use it on Windows 10. Very impressed with the outcome of my calibrated display, which the supplied software can adjust the settings on my LG monitor itself. I bought it after reading: http://cameratico.com/articles/datacolor-spyder-5-review/

Just looked at cheaper ink alternatives for the Pro 100s. Apparently CISS is a no go. There are kits sold, but due to the way the printer works the head can be starved of ink and overheat and die.

Lots of people on forums seem to rate this refill kit http://www.precisioncolors.com/PC42cref.html Equates to £125 for most expensive kit, add £14 for shipping, Royal Mail £8 fee, £25 for import VAT, would probably come to just under £180 and give roughly 8 refills. 8 sets of genuine ink carts would cost £652.36 saving quite a bit of money for lots of time messing around with syringes and resetting chips.

Last edited:
Update; Received call from LCE apparently only had one of these machines and it was ex display model. Let us know folks if you were the lucky person, although not sure I would want an ex display model and it certainly did not give this information on the website.

I got the call too - said they only had 1 at that price and it sold over the weekend etc. Annoying - it was probably just a misprice which is fair enough. Said they had loads of orders for it too - not surprised.

Last edited:
Use it on Windows 10. Very impressed with the outcome of my calibrated display, which the supplied software can adjust the settings on my LG monitor itself. I bought it after reading: http://cameratico.com/articles/datacolor-spyder-5-review/

Just looked at cheaper ink alternatives for the Pro 100s. Apparently CISS is a no go. There are kits sold, but due to the way the printer works the head can be starved of ink and overheat and die.

Lots of people on forums seem to rate this refill kit http://www.precisioncolors.com/PC42cref.html Equates to £125 for most expensive kit, add £14 for shipping, Royal Mail £8 fee, £25 for import VAT, would probably come to just under £180 and give roughly 8 refills. 8 sets of genuine ink carts would cost £652.36 saving quite a bit of money for lots of time messing around with syringes and resetting chips.

Blimey that's a heck of a saving, but are the inks really as good as the originals?

I've had a call wasn't in though so need to call them back . Strange that they don't even have the 100s on the site at all now . Not great service at the end of the day . The printer at £199 was advertised as new and not ex display stock . Why don't they just admit it was a cockup with pricing and try to tempt us with an offer of some free paper or the likes on a full priced one as a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience.

Blimey that's a heck of a saving, but are the inks really as good as the originals?
No idea, they seem to be well received on forums. Looks like I won't have a chance to try now as got the same ex display call.

Well that's making me feel a bit better as I had been umming and ahhhing, and was a bit gutted when I looked this morning.

I had been half looking at getting an A3 printer, and have been weighing up the dye vs. pigment, longevity issues. I do like black and white which is making me want to go pigment. Have just discovered the joys of printing and also people occasionally want to buy.

Morning all, I'm thinking of picking up a pro 100.

Has anyone got any advice on using these with thicker card for printing?

Stumped up for a 100S from Calumet at the photography show. They didn't have one at the show [and don't seem to have any in stock currently...], but at £369 + double cashback offer at £100 I couldn't really say no. Can't wait for the thing to get here now!

Stumped up for a 100S from Calumet at the photography show. They didn't have one at the show [and don't seem to have any in stock currently...], but at £369 + double cashback offer at £100 I couldn't really say no. Can't wait for the thing to get here now!
I asked them on the Saturday and they had 12 then - oops! Sorry, it was the 10S they had 12 of! I had planned on getting a 10S and ended up coming home with a Pro 1 after a discussion with one of the Canon guys :eek: The prices were tempting weren't they?! It's more than I need, but I'm looking forward to using it :)

Last edited:
I asked them on the Saturday and they had 12 then - oops! Sorry, it was the 10S they had 12 of! I had planned on getting a 10S and ended up coming home with a Pro 1 after a discussion with one of the Canon guys :eek: The prices were tempting weren't they?! It's more than I need, but I'm looking forward to using it :)
Yep, nearly went up the food chain to the 10S, but decided the 100S would do all I needed at a price too good to say no.

Hi Guys,

I was originally considering one of the new A4 Pixma's but when I actually looked at the replacement ink costs, there is only about £15 more to replace ink on the Pro 100s. and I get A3 :)

My questions are is there a significant quality increase from the home printers to this? I presume so?
If I only do occasional printing maybe half a dozen times a month is this printer going to end up using way more ink, as some people mention
With less frequent use will I have problems with print heads?

I had problems in the past with an Epson printer that wasn't used for a while. Any advice gratefully received.

Hi Guys,

I was originally considering one of the new A4 Pixma's but when I actually looked at the replacement ink costs, there is only about £15 more to replace ink on the Pro 100s. and I get A3 :)

My questions are is there a significant quality increase from the home printers to this? I presume so?

I have two different Canon A4 printers, one with 5 inks and one with 6 inks. They both produce very nice A4 colour images (to my relatively untrained eye). The problem comes when you want to print black and white; so often you get a noticeable colour cast. I think these printers with 8, 10 or 12 inks will definitely produce much better black and white images, plus probably print on a wider range of papers.

Pixma Pro 100s - Circumventing the 30mm border imposed when selecting Fine Art Paper 1 or 2

I'm printing @ A3 on Canson Infinity - Rag Photographique 310gsm2 I'm using Canson's profiles for this paper and printer combination.
I think this limitation is to minimise the chance of getting head strikes on thicker papers.

I'd like to make prints as large as possible on A3 leaving just a small margin as I am matting them for framing.
I just seem to be unable to "CON" the printer into letting me do this and still use the Canson profile.

I tried lying about the paper size by setting A3+ it started to print ok but ran off the end of the paper.
I hope this problem description makes sense and would love to hear any solution or suggestions.
Thanks

Pixma Pro 100s - Circumventing the 30mm border imposed when selecting Fine Art Paper 1 or 2

I'm printing @ A3 on Canson Infinity - Rag Photographique 310gsm2 I'm using Canson's profiles for this paper and printer combination.
I think this limitation is to minimise the chance of getting head strikes on thicker papers.

I'd like to make prints as large as possible on A3 leaving just a small margin as I am matting them for framing.
I just seem to be unable to "CON" the printer into letting me do this and still use the Canson profile.

I tried lying about the paper size by setting A3+ it started to print ok but ran off the end of the paper.
I hope this problem description makes sense and would love to hear any solution or suggestions.
Thanks
I'm sorry but I haven't managed to achieve this even on A5 papers. Not to say it can't be done, but I don't know how.

Stephen
I got a great reply from a JRHoffman on FM Forums...

He said

"The media type and the ICC profile are different and can be selected independently.

Try selecting Matte Photo Paper media type and select Minimize Abrasion in the driver Maintenance section.

See if you like the output."

I followed his advice and I got a very acceptable result indeed
:)

Stephen
I got a great reply from a JRHoffman on FM Forums...

He said

"The media type and the ICC profile are different and can be selected independently.

Try selecting Matte Photo Paper media type and select Minimize Abrasion in the driver Maintenance section.

See if you like the output."

I followed his advice and I got a very acceptable result indeed
:)
Thanks for that. I'm not sure that I have that option on a Mac, but I shall have a look-see.

Anyone got a good supplier of Canon ink for my pro1? Iv searched a bit and im generally finding the £250 mark, just wondering if anybody has found a supplier much cheaper?

Anyone got a good supplier of Canon ink for my pro1? Iv searched a bit and im generally finding the £250 mark, just wondering if anybody has found a supplier much cheaper?
I Wish !! - I have reverted to popping into Wex and picking up one colour at a time as and when they run out, will be good if a reliable source can be found much cheaper :)

I Wish !! - I have reverted to popping into Wex and picking up one colour at a time as and when they run out, will be good if a reliable source can be found much cheaper :)

I've brought mine for Ebuyer in past they used to do the double multipack but looks like they no longer do this

https://www.ebuyer.com/search?q=canon+pro1

Not sure how reliabele these people are

https://www.cartridgepeople.com/Canon/Pixma/Pixma-Pro-1-Ink-Cartridges

Back