Canon Pro 1/10/100 - Owners Thread

My GOD Mark, what s***e feedback :bat:

Cheers Matt - As usual WEX have been splendid, my printer turned up this morning - F**k me that was a BIG box :LOL:

Now setting up head alignment :banana:

You know it, currently I have my printer and editing computer set up on the dinner table that can easily seat 6 people and nope the combination takes up the entire damn table, the box for the 10 was easily the biggest I've ever received...so dread to think about the size of the 1 box...look forward to seeing some results

My GOD Mark, what s***e feedback :bat:

Cheers Matt - As usual WEX have been splendid, my printer turned up this morning - F**k me that was a BIG box :LOL:

Now setting up head alignment :banana:

Just a bit Dean a lot of unhappy people on Monday on of the guys entered a stunning picture of a waterside scene and the judge said in need a duck on the water!! Anyway last night he posted an edited version of the image on the Facebook page with Orville the duck sitting on the water!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When I set mine up I thought it was trying to take off!

I've downloaded the profiles from permajet website I need to do a proper calibration and plan to send off for a proper profile set from parapet too

Well last week the printer started asking for Ink so I had a shop around I found a guy on ebay who had several on offer for £15 eachor best offer so I sent him a message asking wht the best he could do on the lot was and he siad well I can do a complete set for £160 delievered!!! Well this was too good to mis so I brought a set off him and then spent the next week waiting for them to turn up and thinking I knew it was too good to be true.... well yesterday turned up and they are fine genuin canon inks in their boxed sets so I call that a bit of a bargin when my bank balance allows I might have to get some more!

I've had my Canon Pixma Pro 1 for several months now, fully calibrated profiles thanks to Fotospeed and their excellent service in giving out free bespoke paper profiles for all their papers. Couldn't recommend them enough!

Does anyone know the most ethical way to discard of your cartridges? Thanks :)

Attachments

• 12496475_857482821031106_7367448012966671693_o.jpg
    12496475_857482821031106_7367448012966671693_o.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 12471904_857134554399266_8794061712981479906_o.jpg
    12471904_857134554399266_8794061712981479906_o.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 58
I'm just about to take the order the Canon Pixma Pro 1 ,,, thou my main query is,,, does it have any issues with loading thicker papers. ie hot/cold press papers ?

I like to have texture in papers, if anyone has any papers that meet this,, can they post there names

thanks

Has anyone calculated the price per A4 and A3 images on the Pro 1

Now that my paper is here, now to set about printing for the 1st time,,,, now ,,, I use PS for prining and the paper of choice is, Canson Baryta Photographhique, which is a satin paper,,, before I go about wasting paper and ink,, could any one tell me,, when prompted with the canon Pro 1 quick setup what would you set to media type for this paper ? or does everyone just set it as other glossy paper, or use the Canon Pro Platinum ?

Does it really make a difference ?

According to their website http://www.canson-infinity.com/en/icc-profiles. Media should be photo paper plus semi gloss (PPPSG on some icc profiles ). Media settings do matter as they define the drop size etc I believe. Didn't you get some canon paper in the printers box? I'd be tempted to you this first.

According to their website http://www.canson-infinity.com/en/icc-profiles. Media should be photo paper plus semi gloss (PPPSG on some icc profiles ). Media settings do matter as they define the drop size etc I believe. Didn't you get some canon paper in the printers box? I'd be tempted to you this first.

Canon new I used Nikon, so no paper in the box :-(

thanks for advice,, new to all this printing lark ,,,

Reactions: RVW
Now that my paper is here, now to set about printing for the 1st time,,,, now ,,, I use PS for prining and the paper of choice is, Canson Baryta Photographhique, which is a satin paper,,, before I go about wasting paper and ink,, could any one tell me,, when prompted with the canon Pro 1 quick setup what would you set to media type for this paper ? or does everyone just set it as other glossy paper, or use the Canon Pro Platinum ?

Does it really make a difference ?

Most papers have ICC profiles which are downloadable I use permajet most of the time and I downloaded their ICC profiles but they also do a custom service to suit your printer which is something I want to get done

Just tool the plunge and bought the pro 10s. Wow didn't realise how big the thing was until I see it in the plastic... Not being a techno man, I've set the printer via a cable to my laptop and printed a couple of A4 size photos, which look really good, but I cant find the printer with wifi? Can anyone help please?

My recollection is that I could only get the WPS method to work. It wouldn't find my wireless network when trying to do it over the USB.

I added loads of profiles for the Permajet Paper I am using, but find the printer handles the print quality much better, do you guys find the same

Do you mean you let the printer handle colour management instead of the profile? I think I tried that with a reference image and the result where good but proof was better - to me anyway

Not tired it with out the permajet profiles to be honest. I want to get Permajet to do me some custom profiles just need to get the time to sort it!

Hmm still finding things out, who knew;
Printing directly from RAW files
For most people who print images the normal workflow will involve converting images to JPEGs or TIFFs before printing. However, when working with Canon’s PIXMA or imagePROGRAF iPF printers you can make use of the print plug-in that’s provided with them to print directly from your RAW files, without first having to convert images to TIFFs or JPEGs. The benefits of this are a fully 16bit workflow, improved colour accuracy and smoother colour gradations in the print.

Do you mean you let the printer handle colour management instead of the profile? I think I tried that with a reference image and the result where good but proof was better - to me anyway
Correct Ian, I found it gave much better images, I printed two shots from the lakes, and the and the profile prints handled the clouds and sky very poorly, it couldn't handle the transitions smoothly(would you call it banding ??), where as the Printers own handling blended the tones much better

Hmm still finding things out, who knew;
Printing directly from RAW files
For most people who print images the normal workflow will involve converting images to JPEGs or TIFFs before printing. However, when working with Canon’s PIXMA or imagePROGRAF iPF printers you can make use of the print plug-in that’s provided with them to print directly from your RAW files, without first having to convert images to TIFFs or JPEGs. The benefits of this are a fully 16bit workflow, improved colour accuracy and smoother colour gradations in the print.
Hmmmm my RAW are very bland, always need processing in some way so not sure how this would work for me, interesting though :)

Correct Ian, I found it gave much better images, I printed two shots from the lakes, and the and the profile prints handled the clouds and sky very poorly, it couldn't handle the transitions smoothly(would you call it banding ??), where as the Printers own handling blended the tones much better

Must give it ago. What's the paper / profile combination? Did you try perceptual vs relative with the profile as I believe with sky and transitions that can make a difference.

Another thing of note and it might be just me, but I used to print with quality set to standard. I printed a flower with a fairly subtle background and a sunrise and I noticed very very fine white lines or in the flowers case very fine banding. Not the same as transitional banding mind. Anyways it was the print quality setting. Standard lays down ink in both directions and only one in high. Just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:
Although I posted the reference re printing from Raw which I can't even remember now where I read it.
I have still not tried this myself either, I wonder, and I write this without turning on my pc to find out, if there is an option to print from raw from within the Adobe camera raw adjustment window?
I doubt it, I won't be able to take a look until later though. If I remember again!

@Dark Knight

I tried printing a test image with everything on full auto using Permajet oyster. Some banding on a blue sky, b&w portion has a blue cast and a grass portion wasn't as saturated. Not viewed in the best light so will check again tomorrow. To be fair the colour issues are more to do with me using non oem inks. But the banding I'm not sure. Anyway I got an updated profile from Permajet and it looks good compared to my oem print of the same image.

Not sure if that's any use or not.

Must give it ago. What's the paper / profile combination? Did you try perceptual vs relative with the profile as I believe with sky and transitions that can make a difference.

Another thing of note and it might be just me, but I used to print with quality set to standard. I printed a flower with a fairly subtle background and a sunrise and I noticed very very fine white lines or in the flowers case very fine banding. Not the same as transitional banding mind. Anyways it was the print quality setting. Standard lays down ink in both directions and only one in high. Just thought I'd mention it.

@Dark Knight

I tried printing a test image with everything on full auto using Permajet oyster. Some banding on a blue sky, b&w portion has a blue cast and a grass portion wasn't as saturated. Not viewed in the best light so will check again tomorrow. To be fair the colour issues are more to do with me using non oem inks. But the banding I'm not sure. Anyway I got an updated profile from Permajet and it looks good compared to my oem print of the same image.

Not sure if that's any use or not.
Cheers Ian... sorry for the delay in reply :)

Mine is like real fine grip marks on the paper running top to bottom rather than banding of any print to be honest

Anyone tried printing on card yet? I've heard that there are issues with it printing quite dark.. But I have yet to see anyone offer a fix.

I knew before I bought the pro1 ... That it liked to drink as much as I do ... Thou 20 A3 prints ... I'm now getting a warning that inks are on there way out ,,,, thou chroma optimiser is the one that's running out first ,,,, how many prints does everyone else get ,,, before refill needed .. I've been printing a3 size and charging punters £15 to print there own stuff,,,, am I charging too little ?

Just bought the pro 100s, cracking bit of kit, only printed 5 or 6 images so far, may I ask what program people are using to print? im using the canon bundled software. had a look at the print options in LR but got lost pretty quickly and didnt know how to optimise.
Is it just best to use the canon software??

Just bought the pro 100s, cracking bit of kit, only printed 5 or 6 images so far, may I ask what program people are using to print? im using the canon bundled software. had a look at the print options in LR but got lost pretty quickly and didnt know how to optimise.
Is it just best to use the canon software??

The canon software is all you need ..... I enjoy printing my work .... I'm now experiencing the new world of different papers

Anyone tried printing on card yet? I've heard that there are issues with it printing quite dark.. But I have yet to see anyone offer a fix.
Nope, not me yet...

I knew before I bought the pro1 ... That it liked to drink as much as I do ... Thou 20 A3 prints ... I'm now getting a warning that inks are on there way out ,,,, thou chroma optimiser is the one that's running out first ,,,, how many prints does everyone else get ,,, before refill needed .. I've been printing a3 size and charging punters £15 to print there own stuff,,,, am I charging too little ?
No idea on price, but I have now had to purchase new inks already, but reading up it does say in many7 places that the first inks go quick as they have to fill the pipes from the tanks all the way to the print head, given the size of the machine I tend to give that theory a lot of merit, I am trying to print one image a week as well, just to keep the head cleaning to a minimum, even a small A5 test print...

The canon software is all you need ..... I enjoy printing my work .... I'm now experiencing the new world of different papers
Same here, let the printer deal with it gives me the best results for me

Need help on how to turn off colour management on pro 1 ... For some reason where you turn off colour management on printer is ghosted ,,,, I need to do this to get icc profiles for my printer ... I use a PC and Windows 10 .. Help

Back