weekly CHRIS' 52 FOR '23

Spooky spider working well Chris!

That is some very good images to start your 52, Area and incomplete are my favourites. I understand your doing a 365 is there anywhere we can follow it?

I like the angles on the area picture and being able to see the signs. Second pic is definitely incomplete, artificial pic has good focus all on the spider, wonder if it would have more impact if shot from low level head on?

Welcome - three strong shots there

Your area - great job, Fantastic composition, great light and the moon is a real nice bonus
Incomplete - again really well taken. I could lose the red flask if I'm honest.
Artificial - And the spider is a lovely clean minimal image. super sharp and well composed

Great angle on the front legs. I like the background and composition too, nothing to distract from the spider.

Your Area - nice tones although the blue signs are a bit distracting
Incomplete - it's in a very unfinished state, did it get fully built?
Artificial - Great depth of field, maybe the spider would be realistic if less sharp

Yes, I'm uploading the 365 shots here, although changing the format a little bit - usually I have more than 1 shot for the day so will try to include compilations rather than 1 image per day.

Yes, I'm uploading the 365 shots here, although changing the format a little bit - usually I have more than 1 shot for the day so will try to include compilations rather than 1 image per day.

Good luck, I'm now following (y)

That is some very good images to start your 52, Area and incomplete are my favourites. I understand your doing a 365 is there anywhere we can follow it?
Thank you! Yes, I'm uploading the 365 shots here, although changing the format a little bit - usually I have more than 1 shot for the day so will try to include compilations rather than 1 image per day.

Nice one Chris! A bitn of narrative for us? When when how blah blah? :)

Lovely image Chris, very well presented. The plastic sheet has given an effect like a photoshop "oil painting" filter, but enough is showing through the crack to allow us to see how things should really look.
Great colours and well controlled exposure.
I think I might prefer a square crop but that's a personal choice.

A great capture... both the texture of the "window" and the background in lovely harmony.

Nice one Chris! A bitn of narrative for us? When when how blah blah? :)
A great capture... both the texture of the "window" and the background in lovely harmony.
I like that.

As said above, the plastic sheeting gives that 'oil painting filter' vibe.

I really like the colour processing on this too.

Lovely image Chris, very well presented. The plastic sheet has given an effect like a photoshop "oil painting" filter, but enough is showing through the crack to allow us to see how things should really look.
Great colours and well controlled exposure.
I think I might prefer a square crop but that's a personal choice.
Thanks a lot! Saturday evening, London, doing some street shooting, Gfx100s with 45mm 2.8 lens, edited in Camera Raw with one of my presets, I think it was Crispy_1. Wanted to focus and highlight the texture plus make the entire scene a bit warmer, give it kind of an interior vibe.

I like your jux picture, well-noticed.

Mirrored; an interesting take on the subject...could do with a bit if a clean when she's finished :)

3 great shots there Chris, Can't pick a favoutite.

Scene through the plastic window is nice - does have an oil paint feel and look to it.
Your juxtaposition is a great spot. A comedy moment with laurel seemingly sait indoors waiting whats going to happen next to the guy!
And the mirror shot has great depth, Perfect use of the shallow DOF to give perfect focus on the mirror - which is exactly where it should be. Having the refelction in the mirror and the shoulder in shot as well all adds to it.

Transparent - great shot, really well seen.
Week 5 - love it, really made me smile.
Mirrored - fabulous photo, really well seen and executed.
I'm really enjoying the variety of your photos, keep it coming.

Back