weekly CJ's 2012 52 week challenge

Hiya,
sorry I've not been here yet. What can I say?
I like the direction idea, but agree with what SarahLee has said.
Fear? to be honest I think that'd be more frustrating than fearsome. As has been said, "boot disk error" would be a whole lot more scarey.
Sigh, like others I like the shot but don't really get sigh from it.
Sweet, I like the idea and I like the shot. Maybe just take away that brown distraction from the background.
Jeez, I sound really negative don't I. Sorry.

Thanks for all the feedback as always, have missed some as I'm not actually subscribed to my own thread (woops!), will do that now. I've been quite sick like a few on here I believe so managed to get my secure shot done today so here it is. Not sure if it's possible to get the shot I want for industry this week so may be late on this week too but it's for a good reason. On to the shot for this week,

Secure

secure by CJ Evans, on Flickr

Had many thoughts for this one but this is a hugh level of security in our house, not that the little man thinks so!

Hi, nice idea for secure but I think it's just a little out of focus. Were you aiming to get his hand in focus?
I know how difficult children are to catch on camera and where you want them! But like I said nice idea and it does say secure.

Hope you're feeling better now.

Focus was intended to be on the gate, child there for context, thanks for looking

Great addition with week 5, I tried a similar idea but my little girl would not stay still at the baby gate and just ran off, I ended up with about 50 photos of her running away before I gave up the shot haha, nice one.

Matt

I tried a similar idea but my little girl would not stay still at the baby gate and just ran off, I ended up with about 50 photos of her running away before I gave up the shot haha, nice one.
Hahahahah, I have hundreds of the back of my kids heads! Don't you wish you could just glue to the spot for two seconds!

Not the shot I intended to take so this may be my re-do in the future. My wife has been setting up a part time home business so time has been a bit short as she had a big promo thing on this week, as I take pictures for her facebook page I decided to use one of them as industry - a tip of the cap to all those who are working hard from home.

industry by CJ Evans, on Flickr

As always thanks for stopping by and having a look, CJ

Caught up with you :)
Love your take on 'sweet' and especially 'secure' with its DOF but I'm not keen on industry as the crop seems seems wrong to me and the colours look overdone.

Hi,

Industry....I like the colours but the big cake draws to much attention for me, I would of been tempted to just shoot the smaller cakes, or the big cake surrounded by the smaller cakes of you get why I mean lol.

For some reason I want cake now??

Matt

Can't believe I missed that bit on the top right, there was a spot on the top left that I got, will clear it later when I get the chance, as for the colours, they weren't really touched, the frosting was just a bit insane-the wife likes it like that.

Hope this hasn't been done already, I try not to look at others before I've done my so I don't get tempted to copy, finally I'm done within the week that it was due! Now I can look forward to Saturday morning instead of dreading being one behind! So here it is - week 7 the "root" of all evil

Week 7: Root by CJ Evans, on Flickr

Thanks for everyone who has stopped by and for the comments, I will try to get around a few now I'm not so far behind myself, well done to all of you still hanging in there!

Hi CJ

love your shot for Industry....& really want cake now :) Fab colors & great decorations....your OH is a very clever lady (y) If you get a reshoot chance I'd maybe try n get the whole of the big cake & it's base in & line the smaller ones up more uniformly :thinking:

Root...had this thought myself but never have any cash :LOL: Quirky angle , good lighting , on theme...yup , like it (y)

Hi CJ my first time on your thread. Glad i popped in. You've got some really good ideas, especially like your take on direction. Root is a really good shot, nicely composed and fits the theme perfectly. I think I have seen this take on the subject somewhere on here, its hard to get a unique idea for this week, i really struggled.

Good job, look forward to seeing the rest off your 52. (y)

Thanks for the visits, the wife will be very pleased with the love for the cakes, should have posed them a bit more I know, you can check out more from her on Facebook-her page is "cakes by Chiara". Annoyingly it was her composition I chose for root also, I liked one of mine and had done a few similar to the final one but we are a bit of a team effort in most things so I think it's ok! Thanks everyone for stoping by.

Hello CJ, sorry it's taken me ages to get around to posting in your thread.

Sweet - Both cute and sweet at the same time. The only critique I have is it appears a little soft?

Industry - Yum! This is right up my alley. Nice colours, too. Top right corner has already been mentioned.

Root - A good take on the theme!

Here is my handmade offering

I decided to avoid another product type shot for handmade as I feel I've done that a bit much recently. So, I went with a 15 Century church, never been to the location before and had to leave early before sunset because of a toilet emergency with my daughter so have had to make do with what I got. Shot is hand blended (see what I did there!) using wacom bamboo and 2 layers in photoshop CS3 to keep the sky. My thought process was that everything must be handmade in the 15C as I pass a sign for the place on the way to work but wasn't expecting there to have been modernisations so hopefully that won't count against me.

Here's the shot,

Week 8: handmade by CJ Evans, on Flickr

As always, thanks for stopping by, CJ

Good example of handmade, I am sure from that date it would have been made with pride by skilled craftsmen.

Thanks to everyone who has stopped by as always, funny how there is a bit of a split but then I was a bit split on it myself so I am not surprised! I lucked out (for a change) with the theme, I seem to be a week or two ahead on a few of them. So I was out with the family today at the races and so tried to get money and win wrapped up as its another busy work week for me. Not sure about money, I tried a few things but settled on this

money by CJ Evans, on Flickr

Still not quite happy with it but it was meant to have a bit more detail in the background to catch the owners of the horses. I don't think there are many things that shout money as much as owning a racehorse does. Another tenuous link I know but I'm like that!

For Win I managed to get this. A true photo finish and thankfully number 3 Aerial took the win (my only winner of the day in the betting). Other than that I got a lot of second places but did get some other pictures that I'm happy with and hope to get around to posting at some point. Thanks for looking and well done to everyone else who is sticking in there - can't believe it's 10 weeks already.

win by CJ Evans, on Flickr

Hi CJ.

I think 'money' is excellent. Like you say, nothing says more money than a racehorse and gambling!! I love the DOF, the crisp, sharp detail of the horses coat against the melee in the background(y)

Win - it's a true win shot there, and some winnings for you too! Bonus:clap:

Hi Cj, your last shots both cover money and Win! There is certainly alot of money in horse racing! your win shot was well captured and must have been a lot faster than mine!!:)

'Handmade' and 'Win' very nice images. Prefer no 1 in win but would like to see the horses head but don't let that detract from a great image (y)

Back