weekly Cliff's 2014 52 Thread - Week 5 'Smoke'

Nice picture fits the brief of 'Linear.' Perhaps if the fence was in focus on the left hand side then it went gradually OOF as it went to the right it may have worked a little better(?)

Nice picture fits the brief of 'Linear.' Perhaps if the fence was in focus on the left hand side then it went gradually OOF as it went to the right it may have worked a little better(?)

I'd agree with this. Pity the tree is so close to the fence.

Cheers.

Hi Cliff

Odd - Nice colours and I like the dark feel to it. good start (y)
Line - Can't decide on this I like the colours in the moss but do feel the fence should have been more in focus front of picture.

Its interesting to see different peoples tastes with these images. Again thank you all for the comments.

No 3 for me too Cliff (y)

Its interesting that no.3 seems to be the popular choice :)

Hi Cliff, welcome to the 52 and you are off to a good start (y)
Line, I like the colour tones in the scene, maybe just needs a little something else composition wise to help?
Play, bang on theme, my vote would go to #1, good leading lines from the dominoes to draw the viewer in and through the scene.

HI Cliff

#3 for me as well , like the curve & DOF :) maybe a slight tweak just to brighten the whites a little ?

To go with the theme #1 gets it as the dominoes are set out as if a game is being 'played' although I do prefer #3, good composition, focus, Dof and as said a little tweak to brighten the white.(y)

Both on theme, but I'd like to see #1 a little closer. Plenty of interest, maybe a little too busy??

I feel I blab on about WB a lot but it's a tad off.

Jack, looks like a lovely dog and I like the perspective. A little more light and a less 'cluttered' would improve, IMO.

Cheers.

I love the closes on no1 but your dog is loverly too.

Possibly the nose is a little dark but great all the same :)

I like your close entry. Nice contrast, dof and sharpness, with plenty for my eye to explore. For your doggy, however, I really think the focus should be on his eyes!

HI Cliff

I have that same pot pourri.....plenty of detail in the shot , WB looks ok to me , nicely warm I think, lots of textures as well (y) The only thing I might try is to increase the DOF to include the foremost part of the image....maybe ?

Doggie shots are always good...cutie looking little chap as well...I agree that normally the focus should be on the eye's but this works well for...show's his nose Close to the lens :)

Love the colours and tones in your table decoration - dog is kinda cute too ♥

Like the textures and colours in the table decoration, perhaps WB off a bit.

Jack: like this one too, though perhaps a catch light in his right eye would make him look a little less sinister.

Back