weekly Cliff's 2014 52 Thread - Week 5 'Smoke'

Bubbles. Quite like the B&W and it's a pity the three RH bubbles are not in focus. I'd possibly crop out the LH bubbles as too OOF.

Smoke, bit sure it this is your first attempt, but it just lacks detail and definition. Looks like the smoke was too close to the BG as some light spillage.

Good attempts anyway.

Cheers.

Hi Cliff :)

Bubbles & Smoke - You know where you have gone wrong so I won't crit, Both well on theme, I like the selection of in focus and oof bubbles and some nice reflections too... Smoke, some good twirly bits that with a crop could work even better (y)

The last two themes have certainly been a nightmare :banghead: :D

Both images have interest, 3 bubbles to right and smoke bottom to centre, both could possibly benefit from a crop for me :)

The last two themes have certainly been a nightmare :banghead: :D

Absolutely..... I'm pretty certain many will take the easy route and just give up - glad to see you haven't. (y) There will be reshoot weeks, so chance to make up then!

Bubbles is actually alright - three nice bubbles together, and the others nicely Out Of Focus in the background. Blacks could be a bit blacker but it's not all bad!

I must admit I struggled with smoke. First time attempting it.

The bubbles each time I look at it grows on me. I was aiming for the in focus three bubbles and the out of focus background. The original was must bigger I just thought I liked this crop.

Let's hope this week's theme is much easier :snaphappy:

Bubbles: like the bubbles on the right, but agree they're OOF. Also bubbles on the left are a bit distracting.

Agree on the need for more definition and for them to be lightened.

Good for you for tackling these themes, I've found them really difficult.

I like the mono conversion of the bubbles - smoke doesn't really do much for me - but well done for giving it a go - I'm so pleased it's new theme night tonight :)

Hi Cliff

re crop of Bubbles works really well for me ,just enough lighting to show the edges & a super black bg (y)

Smoke...no crit from me as I couldn't even get much of a shot so just a (y)

Bubbles - I was about to say that I thought the interest was with the triad of bubbles on the right and then I found your edit. Much improved.

Smoke - Not there for me I'm afraid. Do try again though (maybe a reshoot week) as it is fun once you get the hang of it.

Hi, sorry I am only just stopping by, I have some major catching up to do due to a house move.

Some great images so far, prefer the crop of your bubble shot but smoke is a little on the dark side.
I promise to be more on the ball with your future posts.

John

Back