Clives 52 in 2019 Thread Almost there!

Amazing catch up Clive!
I can't add much that hasn't already been said. I think your Above 4 shot stands out. The complimentary colours of the stonework and sky are perfect.

Like these Clive, I couldn’t work out what the first pic was at first, then a relook and it just clicked a feather. Wasn’t sure what bird it was from until in your post you mentioned it was from a pheasant. Nice for the theme

Another good catch-up, Clive! My favourites are the colourful and reflected sushi for Food, the textures and colour of the smoothie for Smooth, and the details of the second feather image for Light, which is an unusual take on the theme so well done for coming up with something different (y)

Light is a great image and a fantastic use of Macro. As someone who ties flies for fly fishing I immediately saw what it was. Really nice images but the one you've chosen is the pick for me.

I prefer the second one for Light, more recognisable and better colour. But good for the Theme.

Pete

Different shot for light which is a good thing, I think the second one trumps it, excellent detail.

They are very interesting. Nice detail to them using your lensbaby. I prefer the second, purely as it seems more 'tidy' but the first shows lots of nice close-up detail

Week 18 Crowd

Fed the birds in the garden got a crowd of Starlings, set the camera up on a tripod and used OIShare as a remote, not over impressed with focus using my phone!

Crowd1.JPGCrowd2.JPGCrowd3.jpg

It's number 3 for me, plenty of action and a good focal point with the chick in the centre looking towards the camera. It's funny, we've had lots more starlings in our garden this year, none to think of last year but loads in the last few weeks. Anyway, nice images.

No3 for me too but all work for theme. Good thinking there Clive

Another vote for No3 - nicely done :)

Light
Love the detail you caught there and the composition.

Crowd
A good little set up (well, a good idea to feed the birds).

That pheasant feather is amazing. I thought the first one was a comb in some fur. Just doesn't look like a feather at all. This also look like my lawn when I throw out a handful of meal worms. The Starlings love them, I think 3 is the best as the one facing you makes more of a focal point to hold your eye and then you look at all the others milling around :)

Very strong set of images Clive!(y)
The decaying boats are both compelling and a little sad....I used to spend time in a boat yard back in my sailing days, so I shed a tear at that lovely clinker built hull going to waste in #1....which is also my favourite image, precisely because of this!:clap:
Both of your free images are very good too.
I do like lines you captured in the first image of the groynes, and the textures of the seaweed is terrific.
The shadows created by all those curves and undulations near the eighteenth green are really good too, but I'm a sucker for geometry, so my favourite is #1!
Excellent work Clive!

I like your decaying boats. Nice set with lovely detail in the boats. I thing that first one would look great in mono

Free week - that 18th hole is really nice. Good colours and shades to the greens

Hi Clive, like Georgina I thought the feather was a comb in some fur at first, really super detail captured in there.
Very hard to choose a favourite for crowd but my choice is #2 I like the detail in the bird in the centre.
They all fit the theme for Decay, I think #1 and 2 would benefit from a slight crop at the top, but I think the third one is my favourite, I love all that muddy decayed wood and the green algae.
The estuary shot is another smasher, perfect angle and lots of excellent detail.

Splendid work Clive!:clap:

Whole: Fantastic colours, love this image, great mood.
Fragile: I'm not sure which butterfly it is either, but it is indeed a beauty! Very nice and sharp, with terrific, bold colours.
Squash(ed): Works very well. The greens pop nicely and there's lots of texture detail, and I do believe marrows are a type of squash, so not a shoehorn!:giggle:
Time: Beautiful image! The lighting is terrific - love the way you've picked out the shape of the hourglass with the highlights/reflections....very nice indeed!

Whole, Nice moody and atmospheric capture of the moon there
Fragile, It's a monarch Clive. Lovely bold colours there, reminds me of my trip to Gran Canaria last year.
Squash, Again, great colours and I like the overall composition, although I would considor a bit off the rhs.
Time, Really like this one, I like the lighting and the colours have come across really nicely.

Thank you
Splendid work Clive!:clap:

Whole: Fantastic colours, love this image, great mood.
Fragile: I'm not sure which butterfly it is either, but it is indeed a beauty! Very nice and sharp, with terrific, bold colours.
Squash(ed): Works very well. The greens pop nicely and there's lots of texture detail, and I do believe marrows are a type of squash, so not a shoehorn!:giggle:
Time: Beautiful image! The lighting is terrific - love the way you've picked out the shape of the hourglass with the highlights/reflections....very nice indeed!

Thank you
Whole, Nice moody and atmospheric capture of the moon there
Fragile, It's a monarch Clive. Lovely bold colours there, reminds me of my trip to Gran Canaria last year.
Squash, Again, great colours and I like the overall composition, although I would considor a bit off the rhs.
Time, Really like this one, I like the lighting and the colours have come across really nicely.

Whole - very nicely done Chris. Very simple but effective shot

Fragile - what a lovely colourful shot. Stunning butterfly. Well captured

Squash - pass Chris the big shoehorn sitting in the corner!!! Nice image though. Very good detail and framing

Time - absolutely bang on. What a great looking 'sand' timer. So interesting. Lovely colour to the 'sand' and perfect background

Thank You Ian
Whole - very nicely done Chris. Very simple but effective shot

Fragile - what a lovely colourful shot. Stunning butterfly. Well captured

Squash - pass Chris the big shoehorn sitting in the corner!!! Nice image though. Very good detail and framing

Time - absolutely bang on. What a great looking 'sand' timer. So interesting. Lovely colour to the 'sand' and perfect background

Whole
That's very nice

Fragile
Good bright colours, the butterfly is a little central for me. I'm don't know what species it is either.

Squash(ed)
Well technically they are cucurbit, but they do look squashed in there.

Time
I quite like floaty in this instance.

Back