Clives 52 in 2020

I like them all Clive and think I prefer the second. I might have just lost a little of the sky. I'm being picky though!

A good set of photos. I think you've picked the right photo for your main thread.
Thanks Dominic, I liked the water spray in that one.

I like them all Clive and think I prefer the second. I might have just lost a little of the sky. I'm being picky though!
Cheers Pete, I think you're right, it would moved the tree line up to the 1/3rd.

Nice to have access to an area like that for your lockdown exercise Clive.
Also good to see the farmers are still out working, losing crops would be a really bad thing.
This works as a commentary on the current crisis as much as empty shelf photos does :)

Nice to have access to an area like that for your lockdown exercise Clive.
Also good to see the farmers are still out working, losing crops would be a really bad thing.
This works as a commentary on the current crisis as much as empty shelf photos does :)
Thanks Tim, it is nice to be able to get out somewhere where there are very few people.
Hi Clive

I also prefer 2, nice pattern in the soil.
Pete
Thanks Pete it caught my eye.

Great set. I like #2 but think you made the right choice on your submission. The detail in the ploughed area makes it.

Great set of photos. It's all quite geometric so they work very well in that series or even as a triptych or individually.

Great set. I like #2 but think you made the right choice on your submission. The detail in the ploughed area makes it.
Thanks David it was the flying water droplets l liked
Great set of photos. It's all quite geometric so they work very well in that series or even as a triptych or individually.
Hi Bernd , very geometric, the field is planted now and still geometric.
Clive Lovely set for Snappers Choice
Thank you David

Love the lighting in your first shot and the water droplets, great shot.

Nice set Clive.
Actually the flowers are nice, but I prefer the crossroads, for its simplicity

Hi Clive,
Really liking your recent images. Time is a lovely close up and fits the theme & technique perfectly.
You set for Snapper's Choice is great too. I especially like the the last shot with the plants. There's a wonderful symmetry about it.
Similarly with your Initial images. All well taken and processed.

I like them all Clive - the colours are great in the flowers, especially the cherry blossom. I do like the crossroads one very much too.

Great set of images love the close up of the flowers but the cross road sign is the one for me

Nice set Clive.
Actually the flowers are nice, but I prefer the crossroads, for its simplicity
Thank you Mr Cobra.
All good shots Clive, my pic is the 1st in the main thread.
Thank you Dave
Hi Clive,
Really liking your recent images. Time is a lovely close up and fits the theme & technique perfectly.
You set for Snapper's Choice is great too. I especially like the the last shot with the plants. There's a wonderful symmetry about it.
Similarly with your Initial images. All well taken and processed.
Thank you Lee, I am getting a lot more practice!
I like them all Clive - the colours are great in the flowers, especially the cherry blossom. I do like the crossroads one very much too.
Very Photogenic that cherry blossom!
I think I'm with you on your choice Clive. Though all are good.
Though maybe #2? Just because of the way you've used it diagonally in across the frame. Dunno though. Very close call.
cheers Tim, 2 was my choice, 1 was my wifes favourite, hard to get them with the breeze moving them about.
Great colours in your flowers - nicely done.
Thank you Shugpug
Great set of images love the close up of the flowers but the cross road sign is the one for me
Thank you Mark

Hi Clive, just a little catch up as I'm so behind with commenting at the moment. I liked both images for Winter - very atmospheric and successfully conveyed a feeling of cosy warmth with the tones and soft focus areas. All three Flora images are packed with sharp details and colour, while the head-on shot is my favourite of your Snapper's Choice selection, with the lines in the field and bright colour of the machine working well together, Finally, that's a great selection of subjects for Initial C ; my favourite is the pink cherry blossom viewed from below - very nice :)

Hi Clive, just a little catch up as I'm so behind with commenting at the moment. I liked both images for Winter - very atmospheric and successfully conveyed a feeling of cosy warmth with the tones and soft focus areas. All three Flora images are packed with sharp details and colour, while the head-on shot is my favourite of your Snapper's Choice selection, with the lines in the field and bright colour of the machine working well together, Finally, that's a great selection of subjects for Initial C ; my favourite is the pink cherry blossom viewed from below - very nice :)
Thank you Andrea.

Very well captured.. I prefer #2 as there seems to be more perspective down the rows.

Lovely rainbow Clive

That's a good idea, well captured.
Thank you Mark
#2 for me Clive.
Thank you Dave
Very well captured.. I prefer #2 as there seems to be more perspective down the rows.
Thanks Helen
Lovely rainbow Clive
Thank you Chris
Great take on the theme. I think a bit too saturated for me.
Thanks Phil I did have to blast them to get the rainbows to pop.

Nice capture. I also prefer #2. The rainbow stands out more. The added colour works a treat.

I quite like the saturation, as you're using it to accentuate the colours of the rainbow that the irrigation is causing (at least I think that's what the machine is doing).
Thanks Tim
Nice capture. I also prefer #2. The rainbow stands out more. The added colour works a treat.
Thanks David

I was a bit worried that I had over done it......but I liked the effect.

Week 16 - I didn't realise ceanothus looked that close up! I think I like the crossroads one best composition wise, though I don't know how you'd decide which way to walk :)

Week 17 - I like the rich colours. I like the lighter foreground in the first, although the rainbow is stronger in the second. Interesting how the lines wiggle a bit when everything is so mechanised.

Well caught and the processing really brings out the colour of the rainbow

Back