weekly Clives 52 in 2021

Out and about
A great selection of out and about shots. I particularly like the bunny and donkey.

You've certainly been out and about to capture all these. I rather like the waterway shot - nice leading lines - so that is called The Rife? Interesting name, presumably meaning something.

Playing comment catch up!!

Easter
Looks really realistic, well composed, a budding photographer in the making.

Spring
Great minds think alike!! I have that much stuff on my "workbench I would need to cut out all the background to achieve a similar image! The side lighting works well.

Snapper's Choice
A very photogenic visitor, it's super sharp looks like they have been made up for their image.

Out and about
Lots of variety, all fitting the theme well, if I had to pick one I would choose the rabbit.

Out and about
A great selection of out and about shots. I particularly like the bunny and donkey.
Thank you Dominic

You've certainly been out and about to capture all these. I rather like the waterway shot - nice leading lines - so that is called The Rife? Interesting name, presumably meaning something.
Thank you Bebop, I am not sure where the word Rife comes from, but we have several rifes, I think they are drainage system.

Playing comment catch up!!

Easter
Looks really realistic, well composed, a budding photographer in the making.

Spring
Great minds think alike!! I have that much stuff on my "workbench I would need to cut out all the background to achieve a similar image! The side lighting works well.

Snapper's Choice
A very photogenic visitor, it's super sharp looks like they have been made up for their image.

Out and about
Lots of variety, all fitting the theme well, if I had to pick one I would choose the rabbit.
Thanks Stuart

Agree with Be. Lots of chaotic shapes, but if you look for long enough you can pick out individual things.

Wow that's bonkers - I love it :)

I really like yur shapes image, plenty to keep e interested in there and pretty obvious what they are. Nice job.

As overs have said, I really interesting shot, lots to love and look for.

Pete

Shapes
I quite like that. A good reflection in the shiny table/worktop? Even though the cutters are a bit chaotic, the coloured ones stand out enough to focus the eye in them.

I like that. Nice reflection and you can spend ages looking at it working the shapes out.
Thank you Bebop, it is one of my favourites from my 2021 TP52

Agree with Be. Lots of chaotic shapes, but if you look for long enough you can pick out individual things.
Thanks Ian

Wow that's bonkers - I love it :)
Thanks Dave, me too!

I really like yur shapes image, plenty to keep e interested in there and pretty obvious what they are. Nice job.
Thanks Jim, some of my attempts at this looked a bit messy but this one seems to work

I totally love this shot Clive, it has it all. Colourful-reflections and just plain bang on theme.
Thank you Dave

As overs have said, I really interesting shot, lots to love and look for.
Pete
Thank you Pete
Shapes
I quite like that. A good reflection in the shiny table/worktop? Even though the cutters are a bit chaotic, the coloured ones stand out enough to focus the eye in them.
Thank you Dominic, it was fun to do this, I tried lots of different combinations but this just seemed to work

Look like a good game. I confess I tried to think along those lines too, but didn't have nearly such a good outcome. Fits the theme well and nicely captured.

Yep - I think an hour playing that would result in a bin full of triangles :)

Nice pic of them though!

Really like your shapes image Clive, it hurts my head trying to unravel them all!

Your numbers image nice and clean and effective but I find the tan colour in the bottom right a little distracting.

Now that IS a lot of numbers.

My god that would do my head in, another good shot Clive but sadly never heard of the game. Off to Google.
Thank you Dave

Look like a good game. I confess I tried to think along those lines too, but didn't have nearly such a good outcome. Fits the theme well and nicely captured.
Thank you Bebop

Yep - I think an hour playing that would result in a bin full of triangles :)
Nice pic of them though!
Thank you Dave

Very good, plenty of numbers there. I like the background, is it marble? That would fit for toys too!
Thank you Catherine, yes marble, my dining room table, weighs a ton!

Really like your shapes image Clive, it hurts my head trying to unravel them all!
Your numbers image nice and clean and effective but I find the tan colour in the bottom right a little distracting.
Thank you Bill, it was just how it panned out, it could have gone the other way!

Now that IS a lot of numbers.
Thank you Martin

Ouch. OCD impacted by that being straight at the bottom right and top left, get angled top right.
Can't have been easy to lay that all out though.
Thanks Tim, it only takes one to be laid slightly skew and they are all over the place..

Numbers
It looks like an interesting game.
Thank you Dominic , it's a game that can be a real time waster.

Now that's what you call a "lock down"
( or lock up)

( sorry :coat: )

Great PoV on this and lovely colours in what must have been quite harsh light. It's just a shame the water wasn't still (but that's not your fault).

Artificial
That's a lot of locks.

Patterns
Very bright and colourful.

Toy - great idea for the theme. Nice close up shot.

Artificial - great viewpoint that really captures all those locks!

Patterns - on theme and very colourful.

Up Close - looks like you might have been in the danger zone there :) well captured

Toy - great idea for the theme. Nice close up shot.

Artificial - great viewpoint that really captures all those locks!

Patterns - on theme and very colourful.

Up Close - looks like you might have been in the danger zone there :) well captured
Thank you Bebop, I was hand feeding one of its young when I took this, a hand full of grain kept it friendly.

Up close
Good looking goose portrait. Nicely isolated from the background.

Of your catch up shots Clive, I really like the Patterns image.
I want to like the locks, but the DoF is too shallow for me.
Usually I like shallow DoF, but in this case I want to see detail in the lock gates up the flight. (F22 an be there ;) )

Of your catch up shots Clive, I really like the Patterns image.
I want to like the locks, but the DoF is too shallow for me.
Usually I like shallow DoF, but in this case I want to see detail in the lock gates up the flight. (F22 an be there ;) )
Thanks Tim, its well worth a visit if your out that way, its an engineering wonder.

Back