weekly Clives TP 52 Week 52: Celebrate

Thanks for sharing your holiday snaps Clive. :exit:

Good stuff, pond life being my favourite. :)

Last edited:
activity - looks great, but I wonder if you should have set the focus on the signs
life - good find, that frog looks very comfortable there
hidden - excellent idea, great PoV, and you can barely see him
lone - great photo, great light, perfect

Activity - Sorry, this doesn't work for me. My eyes instinctively go for the signs, but they aren't in focus. The path isn't the obvious focus of the shot, but that's where the sharp focus is.
Life - Good sharp shot there Clive. I would have dropped it differently so that frogger was on the left 1/3rd line and had somewhere to hop across the image.
Hidden - Donald? He is indeed well hidden.
Lone - I agree with Chris, the moon's reflection picks out the boat nicely.

Week 31 Fauna

Fauna: The animal life of any particular region or time.
Hickstead during the Longines Royal International Horse Show.
OI000043a.jpg

Last edited:
Static, very on theme, in fact I thought of the same as your second shot :) the first looks like the way I spend most days (of course you was stopped with the handbrake on and engine switched off ;) )

I love your shot for game, very colourful and brilliantly captured expression on the face of the girl in the background.

excellent catch-up Clive. Great action shot for Fauna and the caravan shot for Static is nicely taken but I like the Game shot best with the little girl's face peeking in at all that "treasure".

It's the look of concentration on the child's face that really makes it. :)

Hi Clive.
Fauna - On theme, but imo a bit too tightly cropped at the top and a bit too central horizontally. also the people in the background aren't adding to the image.

Static - Hah, we had the M25 like that today (junction 5 to 9!), so I'm totally with you on this.
I prefer the static caravan though, as it has a wider colour range.

Game - (y) for the expression of concentration on her face.

Catching up on comments Again

Active - Looks like a great place to walk
Life - lovely composition great colour.
Hidden - fun shot.
Lone - Stunning shot love the moonlight on the water and the little boat
Fauna - great action shot nice and sharp.
Static - I thought of taking one of the static caravan we stayed in on holiday.
Game - I like expression on the little face the other side of the machine.

Serene, nice peaceful scene but could perhaps do with something for the eye to settle on.

This Black and White stuff is harder than just losing the colour!
It is isn't it? But you have done a good job with the mini.

The South Downs, and Arundel in particular, are beautiful. Beautifully serene landscape Clive. Car is well taken, especially as it was done on a bright day - like the quirky striped roof.

Hi Clive

Serene - Certainly ticks the boxes for the theme. For me though it lacks an anchor point in the shot. Perhaps the hill? But if there was an activity going on somewhere it would give it more ompfh.

Black & White - Good image. I have to agree with DK on the reflection, but sometimes there is just nothing you can do (without spending weeks in PP) (y)

Back