weekly Cobra's 52 surreptitious Shoe-horns for 2016 week 52 celebrate and done

Great set Cobra love No1 what did you do to Muppet in No4 he looks like he's either standing to attention or scared to move!

Number 1 is a proper Mr Motivator - great action shot! I love the last one, though.
Mr Motivator Jeeze yes, I'd forgotten about him :D

Thanks Emma,

You clipped the wing but ... #1 is a cracking Action shot. :clap:

Nice series, Chris. As you say, such a shame with that first image - it's so nearly spot on! Were you at the end of your zoom range - it looks a bit "digitally zoomed" somehow? Sorry, I know I keep going on about stuff like that or sharpening!

For me, it's the last image - not exactly on theme, but a lovely image.

it's so nearly spot on! Were you at the end of your zoom range - it looks a bit "digitally zoomed" somehow?
Cheers Paul (y)

No, it was a 70-200 f/2.8 is. @ 70mm and @ f/4.5.
I just took off an inch or so from the r/h/s as there was a little "dead space" if only I'd moved a tad to the left Eh? :(
But looking at it again I do see what you mean.

Sorry, I know I keep going on about stuff like that or sharpening!
Not a problem, keep it coming (y)

Lucky you having Muppet to pose for Active .....I think you had an advantage :)

All fabulous shots .....but I think the first one has the edge with the splashing water.
Thanks Susie and I'm sure I'll shoe horn in a few more of him too :D

Hi Boss.
I think your choice for Activity is the right one (irrespective of the clipped wing, and that it's not actually the gob shot), as it has the sense of motion, whilst being frozen sufficiently to be sharp.

Hi Boss.
I think your choice for Activity is the right one (irrespective of the clipped wing, and that it's not actually the gob shot), as it has the sense of motion, whilst being frozen sufficiently to be sharp.
Cheers Tim :)

#1 is the best "activity" shot, in spite of the clipped wing

sign - fantastic detailed shot
flora - all three are great shots I like the passion flower best
Active - Love muppets excercise routine.

sign - fantastic detailed shot
flora - all three are great shots I like the passion flower best
Active - Love muppets excercise routine.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting Minx :)

Onwards and upwards,
A life of servitude is just about to begin for this girl, ( 3/4 Gyr x Saker) this is her today, 24 hours after being caught up and jessed up, from the breeding chamber.
A replacement for Donut that died recently.

I had little heart to train another so soon, but as birds form part of my working life, it was really a forgone conclusion, that I would.

Yessiree masser anything for you ...

129A0472
by Chris, on Flickr

Oh wait, what am I thinking?
Sod this, I'm off!

129A0473
by Chris, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice shots of the bird, what exactly is she doing in the first pic

Lovely shots Mr.C. - both of them. If I had to choose, it'd be the first I think and that only because of the unusual nature of it's pose. Beautiful bird - shame about Donut but ... Life goes on. :clap:

She's a beauty, Chris.
I'm sure she'll soon rule the mews. :D

Lovely shots Mr.C. - both of them. If I had to choose, it'd be the first I think and that only because of the unusual nature of it's pose.
She's sulking Carl, and no doubt that she will throw a few more tantrums before we get the pecking order sorted out :D
shame about Donut but ... Life goes on. :clap:
Indeed, it does indeed in does.
Thanks for dropping by (y)

Oddly though, the wings act (to me) as leading lines to the OoF stone in the background.
I hadn't even given that a thought TBH, but now you mention it ...
I see what you mean.
Thanks for dropping by Tim :)

I'm sure she'll soon rule the mews. :D
Or rule me, :D its a battle of will's in the early days that's for sure :rolleyes:
Thanks for dropping by Ruth :)

2 good photos but #2 is the pick for me, the OOF bush behind her head is well placed.

Great shot Chris Love No1 it looks like she might be planning an attack to remove your camera!

Love the colours and details in the first one Chris, shame it's clipped, I guess that would stop it flying :thinking:
Its not clipped Dean, look how she is holding that wing in comparison to the other, its pulled in slightly and the tips of the feathers disappear into the grass ( that obviously needs cutting yet again :D )

Great shot Chris Love No1 it looks like she might be planning an attack to remove your camera!
LOL Most likely Mark :D

Thanks for stopping by Both (y)

Both I great shots, very sharp, but I prefer the odd sulking pose in #1...

Its not clipped Dean, look how she is holding that wing in comparison to the other, its pulled in slightly and the tips of the feathers disappear into the grass ( that obviously needs cutting yet again :D ) ...
You aint kidding, get that mower out man, that is disgraceful :LOL:

Two smashing photos Cobra .....that's such an unusual pose in the first one ....I think she's saying 'I've had enough and I'm having a lie down'
Now the hard work begins for both of you ...does she have a name yet.
Thanks Susie, no name, I usually wait until they do something memorable, or act in a memorable way,
Now you know how Donut was called Donut, it wasn't because she was brown on the outside, white on the inside, and when you squeezed her red comes out.
And as for "Muppet" well he is :D

You aint kidding, get that mower out man, that is disgraceful :LOL:
Was I married to you once?
:p

Back