weekly Cobra's 52 surreptitious Shoe-horns for 2016 week 52 celebrate and done

Lovely pair of shots. Shame she won't yet pose for you - starve her for a bit and she'll do anything for you (or at least anything for a chunk of finger, face or whatever you put in range of her beak!)

Given her pose in the first one (and to a lesser extent the second) and her raison d'être, I know what I'd call her but that'll be your honour along with the privilege of working with her. Here's hoping the relationship's a bit longer than Donut's was.

******, Live long and prosper! (I rather like that as a toast. :D)

ETA, That grass isnb't long! Mrs Nod has been severely neglecting oiurs.

Liking #1 ... I first thought it was a crash landing and she was not the least bit amused.

Hahaaaaaa ... is it done yet ??
One word, 7 letters, hyphenated, begins with "F" and ends with "f" :p

Liking #1 ... I first thought it was a crash landing and she was not the least bit amused.
LOL No as per the text David, she was sulking, they will also sunbathe like that too, when the mood takes them :)

Thanks for dropping by :)

Fascinating stuff, Chris. I was mesmersised by H for Hawk this year - it must be so hard to start that relationship from scratch all over again. The pose in the first is great.
Thanks Emma, its just a case of slowly does it, and knowing when to "stop" that part of the training, ( what ever stage its at) before they get stressed, that'll set them back for a bit.
Worse case scenario, it makes them hood shy / glove shy / scatter brained ( as in they "spook" at everything and anything) .

Cracking shots, must admit I thought the hawk was hiding something in the first pic. Nice
Actually, next doors cat, but I'm hoping they won't notice :D

Cheers Chris :)

Life - some great shots I too like the unusual stance of the first one

Loving #1 Chris. She's got that ' who the f*** are you and what are you doing here, and just you wait, and do you think I would debase myself performing for the public, I'm a noble flier me' look

I'm way behind so I went for the cute factor this week, with one hidden in the archives, :D

Lynx.jpg

And one not so cute, but still partially hidden.

Hippo-2.jpg

You are definitely going to get away with that Lynx, it's very cute but the OOF tree trunk in the foreground is a bit distracting. The Hippo is nicely hidden and ticks the box for me

That cat is the cutest thing.:clap:
Job done then :D
Thanks David.

You are definitely going to get away with that Lynx, it's very cute but the OOF tree trunk in the foreground is a bit distracting. The Hippo is nicely hidden and ticks the box for me
Cheers Chris :)
TBH I thought that the branch made it more "Hidden" but here's another crop

Lynx1.jpg

Awwwwwww.
'Nuff said. :)

Very Cute Chris I do tend to agree with you having the the trunk at the front of the image does add to the hidden feel of the image but can also see why others may find it distracting.

How cute and not a shoehorn in sight this week.
Not even half of one? :D Thanks Stan

Cheers Tim

Liking the lynx chris, prefer the cropped version.
Thanks Michael, seems my idea of being "artistic" didn't work then :D

Very Cute Chris I do tend to agree with you having the the trunk at the front of the image does add to the hidden feel of the image but can also see why others may find it distracting.
It was a good idea while it lasted TBH, Mark :D
Thanks for stopping by.

Aaaw, you big softy.
Shhhhh I have a rep to protect here :(
Thanks Jill, and sorry about your brain :D

That's beautiful Mr.C. Really alert facial expression - love those tufted ears.

Definitely the Lynx either works for me I with you think the trunk in the first makes it a little more hidden

for some reason the crop looks a lot lighter o_O
It is a tad lighter, I started again with the original file and gave it a contrast / brightness tweak while I was at it :)

I think leaving a sliver of the OOf tree would be perfect, enough to make it look more hidden but no so 'in your face' as the original.
Like this perhaps?

Lynxa.jpg

Thanks for dropping by and commenting Susie :)

Am I the only one who prefers the hippo shot? :cautious:

More shoe horns :D

Well OK the lone Wuluf isn't exactly a shoe horn...

Lone Wolf.jpg

But Maybe, leave my arse (a)lone is :D

Mandrills.jpg

What was that cartoon called, its the wuluf phrase came from obviously the younger members will have no idea :thinking:
Problem with the other pic is that it seems to quite like the attention :)o_O

What was that cartoon called,
I thought that it was sheepdog Sam and Ralph wolf,
but it seems its a 1969 cartoon 'It's the Wolf', in which Lambsy, the lamb comes under constant attack from Mildew Wolf.

No accounting for taste is there? :D

Last edited:
What was that cartoon called, its the wuluf phrase came from obviously the younger members will have no idea :thinking:

Cattanooga Cats. :)
I'm that old. :(

Liking the lone wolaf, Chris. :)

Back