Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi to all 52ers in 2014

I've got thus far ... I think ... my own thread and I have attached a photo

TA-DA

odd.jpg

Like it. The reds really pop. Well composed and a nice DOF.

For a cleaner photograph a white BG would have helped. I refer to the upper RH corner.

Cracking start.

Cheers.

Thanks. Yes I know what you mean about the BG ... I'm not very good at paying attention to BG. Must get some coloured card or something.

With this pic I intended cropping out the BG and including a wedge shaped foreground but ended up cropping it differently to show the red bottle tops.

Nice image, good use of DOF and strong popping colour. Top right hand corner doesn't bother me actually.

Looks good David. good clarity, light and use of DOF. For me could use a slight straightening to the left.

This reminds me of a visit to a well know art gallery where upon arrival we found out that some 'conceptual artist' :) had turned all the paintings back to front with blurb to accompany saying how the back of the paintings can tell their own story......maybe true but the people working their had a hard time dealing with disappointed visitors

Thanks everyone for your comments

Nice image, good use of DOF and strong popping colour. Top right hand corner doesn't bother me actually.

You're absolutely right mercurius ... every work of art need some indescribable grot in the corner.

Nice shot, think it was the right decision to leave the tops of the bottles in, the reds in the foil look great. Being very very picky....I would rotate the "odd" bottle anticlockwise slightly to show the full name. Just my OCD! Good start. (y)

Thumbs up from me. One of my fav shots from this round but maybe its just because its the thought of red wine :)

Thanks for all your comment/ideas on my Odd image. :wave:

Now ... hope I'm doing this right ... I'm posting my Linear / Line image on this thread.

The pocket camera in Linear / Line mode ... and these colourful wood-grain type lines mysteriously appear.

DSC_0037.JPG

Great take on the theme, I think the wood grain effect is rather funky. I had thought of doing something similar, but I have another idea if it stops raining long enough for me to go out with my camera.

On theme. I've and close. Good colours and well spotted 'grain'. Rule of thirds lines as ell.

Crit, think I'd prefer a face on composition. Some slight vignetting on the camera screen - this is being uber critical, though.

Good start and now you can sit back.....and relax.

Cheers.

Hi David & a belated welcome from me :wave:

Loving your ODD shot , the red's really pop , good focus & DOF........:clap: Only slight niggle form me is I think I'd have preferred to lose the 1st slither of bottle & start the image with a full bottle...if that makes any kinda sense ?

LIne/linear....those wood grain lines are quite funky & add a bit of life to the image ...simple but like it (y)

Lucky you....you can take the rest of the week off now :D

Hi,
Good start,
not something that would have crossed my mind, always interesting to see peoples interpretations.

As said, great idea (y)

Very nice, lines aren't always straight and this shows a nice contrast of curved and straight lines.

Different take on the theme, well executed

Odd - I like the depth of field, composition and vividness of colours on this one.
Linear/Line - The lines that add the interest on this for me are the strange ones on the screen (I'm sure they have a name).

Hi
Like 'Line' shot. Nice and sharp where it needs to be and unusual pattern makes it interesting (look like fingerprints)

Thanks for all kind comments :banana:

I did ask in passing if we could post more than one pic on one theme on the main 52 in 2014 thread ... just got a single "I think you can" answer, so thought I'd ask again. (?)

Saw this today ... gotta be one of the worlds shortest single yellow ....

P1020598a.jpg

Good start for week 1, I like the moire pattern and personally don't mind the angle on the subject either. Only crit I would give is its a bit dark. I think it might be good to see more of the hand and device other than its screen.

I like the most recent yellow line one better I think. That's a good spot, made me chuckle. I am not sure exactly what I find appealing about it....it has good colour and brightness, and looks really spot on in terms of focus and DoF in my opinion, shame about the camber of the road though I think.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris .... well I still don't know if it's regarded as OK to post more than one pic on the main 52 in 2014 thread,

so I'm going to publish and be damned.

I like both of your images, probably the first one more so. I like the depth and focal point on your first one, I also like the darkness and vignette I think it helps draw more focus.

The second one is a good idea, I like how the yellow line seems to pop out.

Good start!

Back