weekly d00d's 52 in 2014 ... Week 51 : Extravagant

Agree it's very nearly there. I do lie the way you have captured the closing page. Well done.

Hi. Close # 1for me. I rather like the composition and getting in close :) nice subtle colour as well.

I'd rather it was all in focus and a bit of motion blur would take it up a level.

Cheers

Find the link a bit tenuous and other items on the table drag my attention away from the box of matches. Doesn't quite do it for me.

Hi David

Crikey...someone's been busy with Close......good idea but agree with most of the comments already made re the book....but good on you for re trying (y)
The match box image is the one that gets my vote...definitely on theme with a bg that adds context (y)

Have had a quick fiddle with you bear in the chair image.....pp is not my strong area & I couldn't get it quite how I imagined it...the original is a great shot would would look lovely framed in a kiddies room anyway......

View attachment 4605

Happy to take it down if you'd prefer

Yes, the opera matches one is the best for me when it comes to Close. It brings images of theatre intervals or dinner and drinks after the performance, very evocative.

Glad you like the matches pic Martin. I'm quite happy with it whilst I do have a tendency to agree with mercurius when he says:-

Find the link a bit tenuous and other items on the table drag my attention away from the box of matches. Doesn't quite do it for me.

Been messing with the Eduardo pic. The big bear is called Eduardo ... found him in Toys R Us in Lisbon back in 2001. Eduardo is Portuguese for Edward as in Ted.

EduardoBeFunky_null_13.jpg.jpg

speech bubble ... haha

bubble.jpg

Last edited:
Hi d00d....great idea to have the speech bubble and the text in it...very appropriate....I would maybe have preferred a more obvious black 'speech bubble' than that blue one....but a good bit of lateral thinking there :) I like the ones that veer away from the obvious.

Hi d00d....great idea to have the speech bubble and the text in it...very appropriate....I would maybe have preferred a more obvious black 'speech bubble' than that blue one....but a good bit of lateral thinking there :) I like the ones that veer away from the obvious.

it's the TP logo .. innit!

I'm going to post a proper nice photo tomorrow.

Week 4 - Bubbles

... been fiddling around with a few things and came up with more beer and more soapsuds [nothing more original] ....

super.jpg

P1020698.JPG

Last edited:
oooo - like that 2nd one of the soap bubbles..... interesting that you can;t actually see any of the bubble, just the edges of them in a spidery web kinda way... love the bright light at the top.

Close #? – I like the matches shot. Nice composition.

Bubble – #1 Doesn’t do anything for me I’m afraid. Too much like clip art. Sorry. The final one I quite like. The brightness near the top gives it a strange feel. Almost if if you had to break your way through the bubbles to get out

the beer bottle is not so great in my opinion, looks a bit oof and noisy, not central in the frame and not enough in the way of bubbles imho

the second one is really imaginative, I really like it. Been struggling for bubble ideas so I might have to give that a go an nick your idea!! :exit:

Last edited:
#2 bubble image with a closer crop on the lower part of the shot to remove the blown highlights.

Bubble - #2 is really interesting... It seems we were all thinking 'spider web' when we first saw it. I'm undecided about the bright spot, would like to see a version without, but that would also give the image a completely different feel. Either way, I like it! (y)

Bubble one does not appeal to me doesn't make for a eye catching image.
Bubble two I do like the feel to the image, I feel it gives the impression that your at the bottom off a bubbly cave trying to get out.

Another for the 2nd. It definitely gives the impression of looking up.

Good work rate on this weeks theme(y)
My vote would go to the last one, I like it as it is quite abstract and a little different from a perspective point of view.

I really like the soap bubbles - not overly obvious as to what it is - but a pleasing abstract shot

Thanks all for the feedback.

The beer bottle was a disaster to begin with ... crap weather, gloomy inside, not enough fizz, although I managed to get clumsy sticky fingered out-of-focus grainy shots. Your indifference does not surprise me.

The soapsud shot: that was much more fun and I'm pleased to see you like it. I spent three mornings experimenting with boiling water, generous helpings of fairy and different light forms to get thus far.

Hi Ya

yup , the soap bubbles win it for me ,very delicate looking , almost as if you're inside them looking out , the blown bit works for the image rather than against it , as if you're at the bottom of a bubble cave looking up toward the light ....(y)

Back