weekly d00d's 52 in 2018 ~ week 25 Bright

Week 0 - Good shot of what used to be familiar sight for me as I drove in and out of London for work. The alternative would look good on a placemat.
Week 1 - Enough in focus behind gate to lead eye along path while still allowing detail on lock and gate. Well balanced exposure.

Thank you David
Week 0 - Good shot of what used to be familiar sight for me as I drove in and out of London for work. The alternative would look good on a placemat.
Two of those buildings are pubs .... you never stopped off for a beer then?
Week 1 - Enough in focus behind gate to lead eye along path while still allowing detail on lock and gate. Well balanced exposure
Well balanced exposure ... (y)

Last edited:
Thank you David

Two of those buildings are pubs .... you never stopped off for a beer then?

Well balanced exposure ... (y)

They were not open at my usual time heading that way - about 6am

Struck down by the dreaded lurgy, I came close to falling behind on week 2!

My camera, on 6 fps, managed to grab this for me. I know, could be sharper.

week 2 ~ people > > >

dfHNenq_MEPtvLOnXR1XlY4Z8oQgX__9uqoYlaaUb1s9oos_G0-TDQQDlczZPWryudK3sGfZZWwSLTc2u_XFt0KYJUOKzNizNh32jKi7qjfbw7vf67hmTRis9pKUluf600XTcy9bIToU0HFt-F8INpGt6iSei6yECHgGs-HHvD9f4aHpOb_aVBnbKna9f91Ua8pzWeMOgUKobM3VWqAsPMSVrmEq07ws-6BIbsBIrskveX4vYOUH5F1maBJ4vHXzToyLgEQhyKamXF2G9i7THFbsfmRbtaVoDHXQ5VLScYeZdq8zYwSK_a6M25511MWHM8BXOuLWFuitJu-Ltnz6Wer30oAAvuJFcFJFpfV5iid_NH6I4nZgOoWK4FHwkrhax7DpOR5WqRf8vlh2HgaU0twUnXHJOwU5GHbAH8GTSjS3EXBQoTJvL436HxcU39qYa7CjX9BPLqdT1VLwI1t1yzZttOVMpBTTkTYpUzBqP4QebHmu9OF9I5Xw1MJhbRQ_8FbAbUlhiv2_ubX2m2vafgl6u-8n-4SN_dDW4TUCSNGRt_aKWRfOJK3XEcdbfop6HoH4C1qcJt1TCmnaiNPLo3gsS9RQtc1R2zIXJJE=w1341-h885-no

Struck down by the dreaded lurgy, I came close to falling behind on week 2!

My camera, on 6 fps, managed to grab this for me. I know, could be sharper.

week 2 ~ people > > >

dfHNenq_MEPtvLOnXR1XlY4Z8oQgX__9uqoYlaaUb1s9oos_G0-TDQQDlczZPWryudK3sGfZZWwSLTc2u_XFt0KYJUOKzNizNh32jKi7qjfbw7vf67hmTRis9pKUluf600XTcy9bIToU0HFt-F8INpGt6iSei6yECHgGs-HHvD9f4aHpOb_aVBnbKna9f91Ua8pzWeMOgUKobM3VWqAsPMSVrmEq07ws-6BIbsBIrskveX4vYOUH5F1maBJ4vHXzToyLgEQhyKamXF2G9i7THFbsfmRbtaVoDHXQ5VLScYeZdq8zYwSK_a6M25511MWHM8BXOuLWFuitJu-Ltnz6Wer30oAAvuJFcFJFpfV5iid_NH6I4nZgOoWK4FHwkrhax7DpOR5WqRf8vlh2HgaU0twUnXHJOwU5GHbAH8GTSjS3EXBQoTJvL436HxcU39qYa7CjX9BPLqdT1VLwI1t1yzZttOVMpBTTkTYpUzBqP4QebHmu9OF9I5Xw1MJhbRQ_8FbAbUlhiv2_ubX2m2vafgl6u-8n-4SN_dDW4TUCSNGRt_aKWRfOJK3XEcdbfop6HoH4C1qcJt1TCmnaiNPLo3gsS9RQtc1R2zIXJJE=w1341-h885-no

Nice one :) well on theme the plain surroundings make you focus on the people themselves

Nice one David I like how the dark cloths contrast the light floor and walls. I also like how the 2 'couples' are sort of heading towards each other. Great sense of movement too.

David

The white space makes this photo, the fuzzy feet implies action to me.

Pete

Nice one :) well on theme the plain surroundings make you focus on the people themselves
Nice one David I like how the dark cloths contrast the light floor and walls. I also like how the 2 'couples' are sort of heading towards each other. Great sense of movement too.
Really like this style photo.
David

The white space makes this photo, the fuzzy feet implies action to me.

Pete
Hey thanks for the good words guys.(y)

There are aspects I'm pleased with and it is a pretty good white space, I just wish a bit more natural light came through the glass roof.

As said the white space makes the picture as for “could be sharper” you or the picture? :p

Sorry to hear the lurgy got you but well done for getting in a good, on theme photo and in your trademark style (y).

As said the white space makes the picture as for “could be sharper” you or the picture? :p
:p ... you have to make up your own mind on that.
Sorry to hear the lurgy got you but well done for getting in a good, on theme photo and in your trademark style (y).
trademark style ... I didn't know I'd posted anything quite like this, but ... trademark style... I'm pleased you said that. It's a style I'd like to work on. :cool:

I like the balanced feel of the composition with the two pairs of people against the neutral scene.

I certainly don't mind the motion blur, and it seems sharp enough to me at this size anyway.
I agree with the comments about it being a good contrast of the people against teh plain surroundings and that it works well like that.

hi David, as said before the contrast of dark and light is a clever aspect, but i feel these ppl are giants with how close they are (seemingly) to the ceiling. and yes you said it could be sharper, have you tried other processing techniques to hide this? noise (film grain) or colour tint?

I like the balanced feel of the composition with the two pairs of people against the neutral scene.
Thank you Jon ... sounds like you know your stuff.(y)
As you said, a bit sharper maybe. But having said that, the empty surroundings make the image work, everyone is moving in the picture, so a bit of motion blur doesn't go a miss. B+W maybe?
Thanks Michael (y) ... B+W ? Hmmmmmm
I certainly don't mind the motion blur, and it seems sharp enough to me at this size anyway.
I agree with the comments about it being a good contrast of the people against teh plain surroundings and that it works well like that.
Cheers Tim(y)
Oooo I like that David, slight movement is fine for a shot like this imho, I like that the two pairs of peeps are walking in opposite directions and that the whole area is light tile and paint, works very nicely mate (y)
Cheers mate. (y)
hi David, as said before the contrast of dark and light is a clever aspect, but i feel these ppl are giants with how close they are (seemingly) to the ceiling. and yes you said it could be sharper, have you tried other processing techniques to hide this? noise (film grain) or colour tint?
Thanks .... I had a quick play with >processing techniques< but maybe I'll take another look ... film grain, maybe (y)

Nice one. As others have said, the white space really works and I quite like the blur.

Nice one. As others have said, the white space really works and I quite like the blur.
Yep the lurgy is doing the rounds hope you get well soon. People is a great shot imo, not fussed that it`s not sharp and I like the blur/movement of the people in view, and the white just makes it better to view (y)(y)
Hope you feel better soon d00d that flu is not nice.
Well done for keeping up, I’m on catch up already, shame on me!
I really like it, choice of location is spot on with all those white tiles and walls, the people are placed well too, well spotted.
(y) ... thanks for your comments guys. And re the man flu: I think I'll survive.

Not a bad shot D, but I expected better give your location, sympathies on the lurgy thi, so forgiven....

That's a great shot, clean and well composed! Pity about the sharpness or lack thereof, but this is a stunning photo.

Which museum were you loitering in?

Thanks guys(y)

This is Westfield London , up on the first floor. The white wall is temporary, it will be opened up giving access to the new John Lewis building. I discovered it before Christmas and took THIS single shot which is sharper, but the People shot is done on continuous with the focus point jumping. o_O

:plus1: David for most of the above. Composition and contrast brings the whole picture to life. Get well soon.

Shot something similar myself as an alternative so good choice for the theme ;) I like that you have retained detail in the wire even though it is very dark against the white background.

Really like the David some nice detail in the wire and very stark against the white background

Like your take on stark David, the white of the BG really brings out the stark contrast of the barb wire, nicely taken shot and well on theme :cool:
Yes very good indeed, nothing to add (y)
Nice one David, stands out nicely against the bright sky. I do like a good barbed wire shot.
Spot on! Hits the brief
Shot something similar myself as an alternative so good choice for the theme ;) I like that you have retained detail in the wire even though it is very dark against the white background.
Yep that works. Nicely done.
Really like the David some nice detail in the wire and very stark against the white background

Thanks all (y) ... I wish I could have got in closer, there's just not enough barbed wire around these parts. ;)

Top shot (y) Although my eyes go all funny when I look at the dark-but-not-quite-black barbed wire on the white background :confused:

Like stark, it has a lovely high detail level, whilst still having a great simplicity to the image.

Back