Darkslinger's 52 Week Challenge - 2020

For some reason I had a really hard time with camouflage...I settled for this image of a group of birds having a dirt bath. Not particularly good but fulfills the mandate as they were difficult to see against the dirt...

Aug 19 (1 of 1)-8.jpg

I love the tones with the 'tiny' one. Very sublime.
Thanks Graham, there was a fog bank rolling in while I was out on the walkway and it contributed greatly to the image.

Camouflage
Well they are camouflaged, so there's nout wrong with that.

Tiny
Lovely tones, composition and really like mist.

Camouflage: I struggled with that too and ended up putting an old image in. The sparrows in the dirt works for me.
Tiny: Love the light and the mist. I also like the way the lighthouse is tiny but stands out really well.

Camouflage, The Sparrows merge in with the dirt well, so good fit to the theme.

Tiny has great tones in it, the mist is adding to the lighthouse theme. Nice one.

Pete

Camouflage: I struggled with that too and ended up putting an old image in. The sparrows in the dirt works for me.
Tiny: Love the light and the mist. I also like the way the lighthouse is tiny but stands out really well.

Thanks Pete, I really didn't like the camouflage but, what can you do...
The tiny shot is a long exposure but I was lucky that I was on a solid cement foundation with no wind.

Camouflage, The Sparrows merge in with the dirt well, so good fit to the theme.

Tiny has great tones in it, the mist is adding to the lighthouse theme. Nice one.

Pete

Thanks Pete, the fog bank rolling in was moving just slow enough to allow me to get my gear set up.

Camouflage works, Tiny is a lovely picture very easy to look at.

Thanks Clive.

The colour and composition is lovely. Just what I was trying to find and failed miserably :)

Thank you Helen, I appreciate your comments.

Playing around with combining an ICM shot and a "normal" shot of the same scene (with skateboarders a welcome addition)...just for fun...

Sep 01 (1 of 1).jpg

Very effective that! Shame you didn't get him all in shot but still - good result!

Very effective that! Shame you didn't get him all in shot but still - good result!

Thanks Dave, yeah, but I took what I could get. My burst speed was set low for some reason so I only got two shots in of them and one I thought was too far away....

Interesting, as others have said it messes with your eyes.

Thanks Clive, not the most trippy of these types of images I've done but it's been a while since I've created one.

Your pattern and tiny lighthouse are both beautiful. The tiny lighthouse would make a great print!

The skateboarders are making my head hurt... Great shot - but struggling to work it out...

Your pattern and tiny lighthouse are both beautiful. The tiny lighthouse would make a great print!

The skateboarders are making my head hurt... Great shot - but struggling to work it out...
Thanks Shug, I've been thinking of printing the lighthouse image. You comment about the skateboarders made me laugh. I always like making an image that sparks some controversy or thought.

Choice
I really like the ICM and the skaters. As has already been pointed out, it's just a shame about not getting all of the skater in.

Choice
I really like the ICM and the skaters. As has already been pointed out, it's just a shame about not getting all of the skater in.

Thanks Dominci, no worries on my part about not getting all the skater, you sometimes just have to take what you get when you shoot street...all good.

An old Canon AE-1 that my father-in-law used to use. I was sitting in his closet for decades before I acquired it. The case was original, saw a lot of use and wasn't well cared for (but the camera is in great shape).

Sep 09 (1 of 1).jpg

Thanks Shug, I'm hoping to take it out and shoot with it this year.

Lovely shot with the light showing the texture really well. I have an old Pentax and case in similar condition.

Thanks Bebop, when I saw the theme I actually had the camera out so it was an easy choice.

The patina of use. Nowt wrong with that :)
Nicely done in B&W.

The funny thing is Tim, is that I don't know if it's from use or the case just degraded and broke down while in storage. My Father-in Law was not really much of a photographer. More of a "this is what I'm expected to have and use as a Father" type of guy... :D

Keeping in the same vein as my "snapper's choice" submission, (here's another two shot image of a static shot with an ICM shot overlay...(with just a little activity thrown in)

Sep 09 (1 of 1)-5.jpg

I like that. The white stripey bit, looks like piano keys.

Thanks Dominic, it's actually a piece of functional artwork in downtown Vancouver. It's fun piece to shoot with all of the lines and with the tall buildings in the background.

Back