weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

Thank you Dean, I came close to sacking the 52 today, but thought I started so I want to finish it :)
Thank goodness you are staying the course mate, stick on in here it is worth getting past the finish line... we all have crap weeks but THAT is a major part of the challenge (y)

Yep, keep at it Dave, hope you feel better soon, a slightly neater crop and your choice fits the topic fine.

Thank goodness you are staying the course mate, stick on in here it is worth getting past the finish line... we all have crap weeks but THAT is a major part of the challenge (y)

Thank you both, I will stick to it and finish my 52. On a good note I think the antibiotics are kicking in as feel a bit better today :)

I prefer the second shot too Dave

Hi Dave,

Wall - Quite a wall you've found there. Spot on for the theme.

Symmetrical - I agree, a horrible theme. The bust does look pretty symmetrical to me, but perhaps could have done with being centred in the image for the theme?

Worn - Both work well, both have plenty of texture, I think my favourite of the two is the padlock shot, probably because there is more going on.

Hi Dave,

Wall - Quite a wall you've found there. Spot on for the theme.

Symmetrical - I agree, a horrible theme. The bust does look pretty symmetrical to me, but perhaps could have done with being centred in the image for the theme?

Worn - Both work well, both have plenty of texture, I think my favourite of the two is the padlock shot, probably because there is more going on.

Thank you Tim, for looking and the comments :)

Padlock for me too, lovely tones and textures against the faded green, I really like that.

Rusty old padlock and cobwebs .... rust on painted over rust, nice one.

I like the second one Dave, nice find

To be honest Dave neither of them says colour or colourful,
there is no real focal point in the first one a pity as I thought there might be some nice autumnal images this week.
The second one is just people outside a cafe, i know it's what passes for some as street photography but for it to work it has to have a point and i have or cannot make any connection with it,

sorry

there is no real focal point in the first one a pity as I thought there might be some nice autumnal images this week.
The second one is just people outside a cafe, i know it's what passes for some as street photography but for it to work it has to have a point and i have or cannot make any connection with it,

sorry

Thank you Allan.

I can see Allan's point Dave, the autumn colour is slightly absorbed by the scene, but there is a good variety of shades and even some blue sky thrown in!
BUT I love your rusty padlock ...great choice for the theme and one of my faves for the week :)

Thank you Susie, I was going to put a b&w in for colourful but changed my mind :)

I think the first could stand a lot more saturation, given the theme and may be get lower so there is more leaf detail. I do like the second though, the sign is colourful and you got the people looking at you..

I think the first could stand a lot more saturation, given the theme and may be get lower so there is more leaf detail. I do like the second though, the sign is colourful and you got the people looking at you..

Thank you Chris for the comment, and for seeing the colourful sign :)

I think the first one could have done with a bit more saturation. The second maybe crop down to just the sign?

sorry

Hi Dave, hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but Im with Allan on this tbh...
I can see what you were shooting for , but neither really hit the spot for the theme for me, sorry mate.

... all interesting stuff

#1 ... compo is a bit jumbled

#2 ... should be street but they're looking into the camera, plus it's wonky. Colour! certainly got some nice tones.

Back