weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

Santa for me too, the others are just too dark I'm afraid (imo), Santa has an obvious focal point and is more vibrant.
You can do quite a bit to bring the darker ones back in PS from the jpg, so I expect you could do more from the raw.

Thank you Tim for the comment, I need to get better in the PP too :)

Hi Dave, just trying to pop a few last comments on before the end of the year :) Your rustic shot seems to have brought out lots of different opinions lol. I'm torn but will go for no.1, I like this one best overall, I do like the b&w but as it looks like a remote place I think in this case I would like it without the people :LOL: I like the Santa one best for festive and finally really good one of the frost. Really good close up that works great in B&W. Well done for finishing and look forward to more in 2018 :)

Hi Dave, just trying to pop a few last comments on before the end of the year :) Your rustic shot seems to have brought out lots of different opinions lol. I'm torn but will go for no.1, I like this one best overall, I do like the b&w but as it looks like a remote place I think in this case I would like it without the people :LOL: I like the Santa one best for festive and finally really good one of the frost. Really good close up that works great in B&W. Well done for finishing and look forward to more in 2018 :)

Thank you very much Georgina for the nice words :)

Congratulations on finishing the 52, Dave!
Really like the weather shot too.
Looking forward to following more in 2018.

Close up of the grass for me Dave, well done for finishing your first 52 wasn’t that hard was it (y)

Festive
It's santa for me too, although I can see what you were trying to achieve in the first shot.

Weather
Frosty grass is an excellent shot.

Well done on completion of your first 52 :banana:

Festive
It's santa for me too, although I can see what you were trying to achieve in the first shot.

Weather
Frosty grass is an excellent shot.

Well done on completion of your first 52 :banana:

Thank you Dominic, got to say I am well chuffed to finish the 52 and look forward to my next one.

I see you had a frost plan Dave. #1 for me, the detail is exquisite. :clap:
I was hoping to do something like this, but the forecast is for wet and warm round here for at least the next week :/

Gratz on getting to the end.
I have no idea how you've managed to be one of the first to comment on most shots all year long!

I see you had a frost plan Dave. #1 for me, the detail is exquisite. :clap:
I was hoping to do something like this, but the forecast is for wet and warm round here for at least the next week :/

Gratz on getting to the end.
I have no idea how you've managed to be one of the first to comment on most shots all year long!

Thank you Tim for the comments, we now have a lot of rain. How I manage to comment so quick is, I get email notifications come on my screen so I know who has put in :)

Festive ... first one's good ... I like that kind of thing ...maybe a WB tweak or something might add.

Weather #1 pretty amazing ... crop to zoom might be an idea.

2nd festive shot os the pic and I also like your first pic for Weather...

Congrats on finishing the 52, always one of the first to get a shot up....

My catch-up comments for the last 2 weeks of 2017 (hoping to be quicker in 2018)

Wk 51 - Festive - for me the Santa is most fitting the theme and nicely exposed.

Wk 52 - Weather - I'd go for 'Frosty Weather' nice detail on the crystals.

Well done on finishing your first 52, Dave, and you ended with two strong images that definitely fit the theme. I like the colour in the second one but the first one, with all those close-up details, is the pick for me. B&W is definitely the right choice to bring out the textures. Did you use a filter or close-up lens to get in so close?

My catch-up comments for the last 2 weeks of 2017 (hoping to be quicker in 2018)

Wk 51 - Festive - for me the Santa is most fitting the theme and nicely exposed.

Wk 52 - Weather - I'd go for 'Frosty Weather' nice detail on the crystals.

Thank you David for the comments :)

Well done on finishing your first 52, Dave, and you ended with two strong images that definitely fit the theme. I like the colour in the second one but the first one, with all those close-up details, is the pick for me. B&W is definitely the right choice to bring out the textures. Did you use a filter or close-up lens to get in so close?

Thank you Andrea for the comments, I used the Raynox 150 clipped on to the lens for the shot :)

Back