weekly David's 52+2 for 2014 - SHAPE

Thanks for the feedback. I may have another go at this theme as it's really annoying me. Lol.

The boardedge is yellow/orange, then the squares on the board are yellow/gree, and it was took under indoor lighting which has also added to the yellow.

Will have another go at it one evening this week if I get chance.

Thanks everyone.

Hi mtj, it was obviously planned fron the start... :whistle:

Nah, it was by pure chance mate, i turned up at that point, at that time and just snapped a few shots. Tbh, i didn't even notice it until i got home and started looking at them on the computer. :LOL:

I prefer the colour Odd shot to the B&W
Love the Line shot some nice reflections in the track. Shame the sun a bit blown but doesn't impact to badly on the shot. (y)
Nice idea for Play but not for me I'm afraid to bright and possible slightly off skew.

Nothing overly wrong with it - I'm sure I'm going to have weeks where nothing comes immediately to mind and I'm struggling.

Image looks good to me David, as mention, the word 'scrabble' looks white so it must be a very colourful board (y)

possibly a slightly different angle to get away from the illusion of it not being straight :thinking:

lines is a cracker David - Don;t worry about the blown area round the sun... I've tried bracketing shots and merging them to include the sun in the shot - and they look rubbish! Nice composition and colours for me.

It's the colours that let down play unfortunately, indoor lighting is nasty from a WB point of view, especially if you have more than one source.... you'll get the chance to do it again in a re-shoot week.

Thanks Graham.

Here is another take on the theme.

Black and white so no colour issues, angled so no funny skew-iff lines although my choice of background may add some confusion, :LOL: and a bit of thought gone into letters.

Let me know your thoughts. :)

PLAY
by David Raynham, on Flickr

I prefer the second one, nice positioning where on the first it all seemed to be going on on the right hand side.

B/W works well, nice depth of field to have everything in focus.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Must remember not to rush things and think them through properly. Struggled for a background as i didn't just want to use a plain white or black background this time.

2nd image is a big improvement David (y)

I'm impressed you got it to stay on the wall :whistle: :D

Love the concept of this and again your choice of the other words plus the colour its certainly bright. :)

Think everything has been covered for crit. I think u did a really good job with the exposure considering the amount of contrast between the foreground and the sky. The only other way you could have delt with it would be to take two exposures and combine them.

Agreed. I only have one dog but he pulls with the enthusiasm of two, especially when I try to stop to snap something!

A very bright Scrabble board with so many right angles was always going to test symetry to the limit. Certainly eye catching though.

Gerry

I much prefer the second photograph. Better composition and no bold colours to distract.

I like the Line theme image, lines running from every direction!!

Definitely the second Play version for me too!

hmmm - you certainly seem quite close to it... can't say I'm a fan of the crop, could lose half the space on the right hand side, which would bring it to a more "traditional" aspect ratio, and less central. While I'm at it, I'd probably flip it horizontally too. so the wire and the hill are flowing through left to right.

3 out of the 4 prongs are super sharp though.

Hope that's not too harsh - someone put me right if it is. :)

That is close, I don't think I'd like to be that close to it. I have to say I am not a fan off the crop either and I think it would work better if all 4 prongs were pin sharp in focus. Fits the theme and it's a good interiptation of the theme tho.

David, great idea, close up, closely entwined (y)

I think the crop works, but I like the 'letterbox' type crop, although I know its not popular. Possibly not just as central with the barbs? :thinking:

I also don't mind the leading lines running R/L instead of the norm L/R :)

Hi dont mind the letterbox style as it fits with the subject matter, composition has been mentioned also it looks a little dark to me

Play, on theme and well composed. Not keen on the B&w, though, and I'd like a bit more contrast.

Close, I do like a bit of barbed wire :). Good DOF and focus. Bit dark on my iPad and I'd like to see it a tad closer...it might stand up t a crop.

Cheers.

Back