weekly DK's 52 of 2016 - Week 52 'Celebrate" added and COMPLETED

I agree entirely with @minx about the ice & droplets, they look great. A good spot to have seen that solitary tiny mushroom; fits the theme without a doubt - like the vibrant colours too. :clap:

Great find and I love the ice and composition, but it looks a bit over-saturated to me? I tried for one of these in the frost this weekend (never linking it to the 52) - and completely mucked up the focus - so a tiny bit jealous too ;)

Last edited:
The scale of the blades of grass give the whole thing a feeling of miniature, nicely caught.

I didn't instantly notice the hail but once I had, it makes the shot almost surreal as the rest of it looks springlike. There's a great sense of depth to it, like it should be in 3D.

Nice find for your miniature shot! I'm not sure if you did this on purpose but the orange is so bright the mushroom looks almost flourescent!

Hi DK, very bright maybe very slightly over bright but it does stand out well and the ice looks excellent, well spotted

I agree nice colours ... green, yellowish plus the ice, possibly saturated but I like it. And as Chris @sirch points out ... the scale of the blades of grass give the whole thing a feeling of miniature (y)

A fabulous shot - very well seen. Liking the vibrant colours and the composition - the melting snow adds interest to the shot and also adds to sense of scale.

Spooks

Don't think it's a shoehorn at all. Blades of grass, hailstones and mini fungus definitely says Miniature to me. Only crit would be to reverse it as, as you often point out, we look from left to right :p. Just feels the wrong way round to me.

Finally getting round to commenting on photos.....

Old: certainly fits the theme lovely sharp shot I love old vinyl got some in the loft really must get them down at some point

Metal: Great set of images I prefer the 2nd one love the detail and I can see the DK too.....

Captive: :jawdrop: no seriously good image I can not fault it

Miniature: Well spotted a great image I would have probably stepped on it!

Love miniature - the colour contrast of the mushroom vs the grass and then the detail of the crystal - well done!

great colours. I have to confess I love the ice crystals and droplets on the grass as much a the mushroom.
Thank you Minx :)

Nice find DK. Nicely composed, crisp and sharp - can't ask for more than that
Cool, Cheers Jason :)

I agree entirely with @minx about the ice & droplets, they look great. A good spot to have seen that solitary tiny mushroom; fits the theme without a doubt - like the vibrant colours too. :clap:
Thanks Carl, I did push the colours a tad, wanted to get them to their limit to give a=it a good bang :)

Love this. I think the ice shows up wonderfully against the vivid colours.
Thanks Debbie :)

Great find and I love the ice and composition, but it looks a bit over-saturated to me? I tried for one of these in the frost this weekend (never linking it to the 52) - and completely mucked up the focus - so a tiny bit jealous too ;)
Haa Haaa thanks Emma :)

It is highly saturated yes, I wanted to give it some punch, I was hoping I hadn't pushed it too far :)

The scale of the blades of grass give the whole thing a feeling of miniature, nicely caught.
Cheers Chris :)

Great capture there DK. The greens and orange work well, and as @minx and @Carl Ayling say, the ice/snow are really great too.
Thanks you Tim - I yoo thought the ice made the shot, just the mushroom and grass would have been lacking something for me :)

NO worries Dean glad you and your lovely OH could make it (y)
Just remembered too, I owe you a lunch (y)

Great find, and nicely shoehorned in too :D
Well it was a diddy shroom :D

I didn't instantly notice the hail but once I had, it makes the shot almost surreal as the rest of it looks springlike. There's a great sense of depth to it, like it should be in 3D.
Cool, thank you Nick :cool:

Nice spot, the mushroom stands out nicely against the grass and the sleet/ice add good interest to the shot. I'd agree with Emma that it looks a bit over saturated to me.
Thanks Steve... Like to push the limits at times :D

Nice find for your miniature shot! I'm not sure if you did this on purpose but the orange is so bright the mushroom looks almost flourescent!
Ooooo maybe it's a Magic Shroom:wacky:

Hi DK, very bright maybe very slightly over bright but it does stand out well and the ice looks excellent, well spotted
Thanks Allan :)

Hmmmmm I getting a feeling I did push it a tad too far :thinking:

Great find love the colour nice and sharp works very well.(y)
Thank you Michael :)

Now I'm thinking I pushed it just enough :LOL:

Hi DK .....very well spotted, not much fungi about now, must admit its slightly overshsdowed by the fabulous ice crystals on the grass ....nice one :)
Thank you Susie :)

I did try one shot without the shroom in, but felt it added the much needed contrast... if ONLY there were some tiny bugs in the grass that may have done it :)

Last edited:
Nice find for 'miniature' liking the contrast in the colours, very nice
Cheers Lee :)

Nice picture
Thank you :)

Love the shot but as Emma said it's a bit over saturated and too bright.
Could try shades :cool: - Thanks Nigel :)

I agree nice colours ... green, yellowish plus the ice, possibly saturated but I like it. And as Chris @sirch points out ... the scale of the blades of grass give the whole thing a feeling of miniature (y)
Thank you David, not to everybody's taste mate, but think I'm happy with how far it went :)

A fabulous shot - very well seen. Liking the vibrant colours and the composition - the melting snow adds interest to the shot and also adds to sense of scale.

Spooks
Cool - Thank you Simon :)

Don't think it's a shoehorn at all. Blades of grass, hailstones and mini fungus definitely says Miniature to me. Only crit would be to reverse it as, as you often point out, we look from left to right :p. Just feels the wrong way round to me.
Oh dear.... you spotted it :LOL: - It did bother me, But I composed all shots with it on the right, so when I did flip it it was on the wrong side of the frame to me :LOL: - I did have to rotate clockwise quite a chunk as it was VERY slanted to the left and really had me ocd twitching :geek:

Finally getting round to commenting on photos.....

Old: certainly fits the theme lovely sharp shot I love old vinyl got some in the loft really must get them down at some point
Thank you Mark :)

When I move I'm going to have all mine out again :)

Metal: Great set of images I prefer the 2nd one love the detail and I can see the DK too.....
YAY !!! I saw it straight away, had to do it :D

Captive: :jawdrop: no seriously good image I can not fault it
Cool - Thanks :cool:

Miniature: Well spotted a great image I would have probably stepped on it!
Ha Haaaaa I did by mistake when I tried for a different angle :D

On theme and nice detail throughout. Harsh light is never easy to work with.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy :)

Light was real crap mate, had to use a speedlight to get some detail, I had flash compensation set to 2stops under, maybe should have dropped it another half stop :thinking:

Love miniature - the colour contrast of the mushroom vs the grass and then the detail of the crystal - well done!
Cool - Thanks Phil :)

Very miniature with so many aspects - nicely done :clap:
Thank you Ruth :)

A bit over cooked for me, it's gone flat.
Really ?? - what the shroom Brian ??

good shot DK, looks cold but a nice splash of colour
Thanks Lee - yes it was nippy :D

Very nice, love the different colours and so many different things in such a small space with the grass, shroom and ice !
Thank you Jon :)

Well it has been a very busy week, thank you ALL for the many visits/comments... I'm going to have to do LOADS of comments this week to catch up a bit :)

Its not the best way, but I will start with commenting on all that have on my last weeks miniature shot, I'll do it in order so it may take a while :D

So onto this weeks...

New year, new routine... Mrs DK and I are trying to get out for our weekend walks, which fell wayside last year while p***ing about sorting the house out !!!

So today's walk was ideal for this weeks theme, not the nicest of weather, yes it was warm, but no sun at all, very overcast, but still we got out in the fresh air, camera in hand and wandering around 'How Hill' a lovely Norfolk Broads nature reserve/historical house, just 9 miles from my home, soooo peaceful to say the least, happy indeed :)

A couple of shots, both of Mrs DK, who is a tad worried about me taking pics of her to put on the internet with NO makeup on at all, but hey who needs it when out walking :)

Both shots were with very disappointing light, so I overexposed by 2/3 of a stop (if I recall correctly) to help with detail.

The first shot I tried to include the curved path, reed beds and one of the windmills in the background, although I like all the elements I'm not certain if they detract just a bit too much from the 'Smiley Mrs DK'... The second shot has a more simple background, I kept in the tiny bit of grass as for me it added a bit of dimension to the image... but for me, I still prefer the first :)

So here we have - Wk 4 'HAPPY'

Wk 4 - Happy by TP DK, on Flickr

and the second shot...

Wk 4 - Happy 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

First thing I saw was the camera :geek:

Bloody flat light is a really annoyance.

I actually prefer the one or Jo you posed on FB without the windmill.

Tell she doesn't need make up :)

Cheers.

Both good and certainly no make up needed. I find the black and white of the windmill a little distracting but it does echo the colours of Mrs DK's coat.

Great shots DK certainly fit the theme
Thank you Mark :)

And Mrs DK does look happy, you must be good company
Ha Haaaa thanks Chris :)

First thing I saw was the camera :geek:
Ooo I did try crop it out, but then I lost the windmill when trying to get the composition to work :( - That's her/our new toy to use when we are out and about, lovely little camera :)

Bloody flat light is a really annoyance.

I actually prefer the one or Jo you posed on FB without the windmill.

Tell she doesn't need make up :)

Cheers.
Cheers Andy - I sure will, will make her day :)

Both good and certainly no make up needed. I find the black and white of the windmill a little distracting but it does echo the colours of Mrs DK's coat.
Thank you Chris :)

Exactly with this one, it is a tad of a distraction, but I still like it :)

OOps, didn't see the second shot :) Tried zooming on on the TP photograph and the lettering on the camera was very blurry. In Flickr it's very sharp. Never really noticed the different between TP and Flickr.

Cheers.

Hey - that's great DK. Excellent DoF which creates a stunning 3d imagery. Happy for sure. :clap:

Back