• Week 45
  • Week 46
  • Week 47
  • Week 48
  • Week 49
  • Week 50
  • Week 51
  • Week 52

I'm really not sure I'll get any further than 2012, but if I don't try this I will end up taking few photographs as I did in 2013.

Last edited:
Like it. Especially how you've really pushed the odd match right over to the RH side. Well composed and thought out idea.

WB seems to be an issue for a few people and I ran yours through Snapseed. It seemed to remove some of the orange colour cast., which I preferred.

Why did you drop out in 2012? The answers might prolong your 2014 52.

Cheers.

Thank you fir the feedback, i'll keep a better eye on WB and colourcasts. I'm a bit new to PS Elements so just learning the PP aspect of taking an image. Used the goldencircle crop template as it seemed to work nicer than in the middle.

2012 became a bit of a stressfully year at work and I just couldn't find spare time each week to take a photo! Without causing more stress. Hopefully, although not guaranteed, I will get further in 2014 ?? :)

Hi Rich , welcome back.....week 52 this year or go mad trying :D

Cracking shot to start with ( I'll resist any puns !) , nicely positioned blue match , good low POV & use of DOF.........WB been mentioned but a really good start :clap:

see you at the finishing line :)

Not a lot else I can add. Excellent , eye catching image Richard (y)

Really good idea, works well, seems there is a bit of a split over the position of the odd match. I personnally would like to have seen it a little more towardse the middle. That said its a really strong start.

Look forward to seeing the rest.

Thank you all. I really felt that croping to put the blue match in or near the centre was to contrieved. It seemed too work off centre.

Hi Richard - Welcome to the 52's :)

Odd - Wow... that's a 'Striking' Image :sneaky:

Some cracking colours, a real stand out Blue match... good DoF, Clean background, I can't crit that image at all - Great One :clap:
:agree: Good start. Try not to let it stress u out if you've not got any time on a particular week, you can always make it up the week after and do 2. All this is for is to try to improve YOUR technique over the year, and be Fun!!;)

Week 1 - Linear/Line
by RJ Fletcher, on Flickr

I think I have a lot to learn still and probably rushed this a bit. need a bit more time last night to try different camera settings.
I whole image is a bit darker than I had wanted.

I like whats going on on the right hand side, not sure about the red on the left or what it is though :)

A Nikon 801 with a 28-100. The laser was from the right through the view finder. Maybe I've got it round the wrong way.

There was a point some way to the left of the frame where I could see the point of focus.

The left hand side laser is the same laser emerging from the camera lens... I might try directing the laser into the lens and see what comes out of the view finder.
Or I guess two lasers left and right and lock the mirror up?

Hi Richard.....A great experimental idea....Unfortunealy it does'nt work for me. Just too dark to register any detials in the shadow. If you had more time then perhaps a blend of multiple exposures could be used

This is a fantastic idea, it doesn't work for me though, I think I agree with people that it is a little dark. I love the concept though.

Hi can only repeat whats above, the problem is you can't really tell what it is

I'm hopefully going to try this again later this week. I just need to think about how to make the image brighter without degrading the laser.

I find the LHS a bit distracting - perhaps cropping to focus on the RHS would work better.

Good idea, as others have said I think it is a bit too dark I would have liked to have seen more details of the camera. Nonetheless good shot & idea!

Like the 'Lines' shot a lot, don't think it's too dark either. Reminds me of Star Wars :) It's just light enough to pick out the Nikon on the lens which adds to the overall effect I think.

Like the 'Lines' shot a lot, don't think it's too dark either. Reminds me of Star Wars :) It's just light enough to pick out the Nikon on the lens which adds to the overall effect I think.

Too dark for an iPad retina screen ;-)

Back