weekly Ecniv - TP 52 2021

First thoughts when reading the theme...

Happened to be on a break/holiday when it was announced and wasn't sure I could get any better pics...
However...

A bit further down the beach (15min walk) ... Rocks

I was going to use the one above, or one of these two. The first below I didn't use after looking at it, due to chromatic colouring both purple and green.

And this one due to the rubbish on the beach I didn't remove before taking the shot...

There are a few others near these (if you go to flickr to look at the pictures)

I like the first one best simple but effective although I like the beach scene too.

It's no.1 for me too, really calming and would look good as a canvas on a bathroom wall.

After looking at the other submisions for tall... It looks like I'm copying lol
Contenders for tall (although I think I already have the one I want)

This is the one I think I will use unless I get a better one in the next few days..

A Tall mountain, in the distance... (but not in your face tall)

or another of the tree

First tree ... very good indeed. Low & close, nicely exposed.

I feel there may be a few stiff necks around after this week's theme. Lots of vertical perspectives! I think your chosen posting is still the better of the group.

Brilliant. Just a tad more rotation to get the W of "warning" would make it for me. Use of DoF and distance to subject to isolate from the background works well. If it were bigger, I'd ask for a link to get one!

Thanks to all :)

Mug was bought a fair few years ago in euro disney. I'm pretty sure they have an online store for delivery... :)

I'm going to be contrary and plump for #5.
Why? I like the starburst peeping out from behind the chimney (?)
Well I was thinking about it, as the starburst looks nice and is a bit different, but I also liked the colours and balance on the tree shot...

As to the cranked neck ;) evf up to 90 degree angle... saves that problem :D and well worth it for ceilings (in churches for example) too!

Nice mug image, the DoF works well and I like the fact that it's a bit dark, it kind of goes with the theme on the mug

I need one of those Mugs.

Perfect OOF background to get the message across loud and clear.

Pete

Tall
There's nothing wrong with having similar ideas to others.

Snappers choice
Good use of a shallow dof.

Lovely subject / background separation on your mug, but possibly would benefit from a little rotation to get all the message in?

Great DoF, Grumpy - that's one of my nicknames too, I can't think why, agree with other about a slight rotation to include all the lettering

TP 52 week 6 - Pair
The one I am choosing...

The other contenders...

Eggs by darkness and lit by phone...

4x pics --> focus stacked in picolay

picolay stacked photos

For picolay I am still getting it picking up a blur when I thought that the program was meant to find only sharp pixels...

I did have some other thoughts and ideas about what to shoot... but most people got there first and I don't want to copy (too much).

Hi, it's my first visit to your 52 and you have some good shots so far, particularly liked the first in rocks and your tall image.

For this week I like the idea but, at least on my screen, it seems a little on the dark side. I prefer the Tabasco image.

The main image does appear dark, would like to see the full toy soldiers. Like the Tabasco image more, for the eggs I would have rotated the right one to remove the date stamp.

Pair
I think I might have gone for the Tabasco sauce shots. Not that there's anything wrong with your main thread photo, it's just I find them a bit more interesting. Especially the way You've put them together, with the labels as they are.

Hi, it's my first visit to your 52 and you have some good shots so far, particularly liked the first in rocks and your tall image.

For this week I like the idea but, at least on my screen, it seems a little on the dark side. I prefer the Tabasco image.
I prefer the Tabasco image too.
Now that you mention it. I went to the flickr album and I had put the tabasco sauce ones in, brain slipped on main posting or I copied the wrong link :/ ah well .. must remember next time to check before posting!

Pitch Black! Ooh, clever side-step ;)

You have been busy. I do like the one chosen for the theme though. I had to think about it but got there in the end.

Yep ... yellow brick road. Very creative, looks brilliant.

Back