weekly FlyPhots 52 for 2023 - Week 42 'Forgotten'

I haven't seen one of those since I left London... usually at the end of a "good night out" ;)

I haven't seen one of those since I left London... usually at the end of a "good night out" ;)

Haha, it's not a regular food for me ;)

Week 11 - 'Patterns'

The patterns in beeswax foundation (which will hopefully yield me plenty of honey this year)

Nice colours and cool patterns, both in the arrangement and the hexagons in the 'foundations'.

Sorry, is this like a nylon starter that the bees fill? It's not natural and made by the bees is it?

Nice colours and cool patterns, both in the arrangement and the hexagons in the 'foundations'.

Sorry, is this like a nylon starter that the bees fill? It's not natural and made by the bees is it?

Thanks Graham. Foundation is made of real beeswax and is pressed into sheets with the right size of cell starter on each size (offset, as the bees do it), it just gives the bees a bit of a start off to build their own comb. You can add frames without foundation and the bees will build their own comb but, obviously, that is a bit more work for them.

Thanks for that. So the bees can put more of their efforts into making the honey, rather than the honeycomb. Makes sense.

That is really cool Jim. Thousands of little boxes jus waiting to be filled with honey 1679852421404.png

Week 12 - Tunnel

I'm in London at the moment and this is a tunnel leading to a Docklands Light Railway station

Love this Jim. Nice control of exposure and well framed and processed.

Thanks Pete, much appreciated. It was actually a mobile phone shot so i'm really surprised at how well it handled the varying light levels. PP in Affinity Photo.

Nice bit of tunnel Jim :)

Patterns, nice abstract so glad you explained what it was.
Tunnel. A moody shot.. nicely controlled on the exposure.

Love your pattern shot, good to see someone helping out the enviroment by Beekeeping not to mention the honey.
The tunnel shot works very well gives a good atmosphere, wonder if it would be even more atmospheric in mono?

Love your pattern shot, good to see someone helping out the enviroment by Beekeeping not to mention the honey.
The tunnel shot works very well gives a good atmosphere, wonder if it would be even more atmospheric in mono?

Thanks Roger, I preferred the colour version of tunnel personally due to the different colours in it.

Week 13 - 'Spring'

Spring has definitely sprung (in more ways than one ;) ) in our garden when the ornamental cherry is in full blossom, it's just such a shame it's so short lived.

:LOL: How did Zebedee
zlWrtzL.jpg
manage to get up there? Spot on theme for sure.

btw, what is the spring, as the coiled steel wire, for? Model car by any chance?

Made me chuckle, great idea for the theme and I like the colours of the flowers, good use of Dof.

:LOL: How did Zebedee
zlWrtzL.jpg
manage to get up there? Spot on theme for sure.

btw, what is the spring, as the coiled steel wire, for? Model car by any chance?

The spring is a spare for a pair of secateurs

I never realised they grew on trees.

;)

Made me chuckle, great idea for the theme and I like the colours of the flowers, good use of Dof.

Thanks, it's a gorgeous tree but only in flower for a few weeks

Thanks all, glad you spotted it

Getting some catch-up comments in!

Kitchen - The only thing you need is longer arms. Easy access to everything you need but also for me the temptation of the chocolate biscuits are not far away!

Broken - The earth looks like it's encompassing the mono one, I'm sure there is scrap value for a willing person to dispose of it.

Full - A doner kebab always looks more appetising after a drink or too. If you didn't get the salad would they have added more meat? Making me hungry, our local takeaway does a king size version that looks like a cannon, it's wrapped in a naan bread.

Patterns - The market for honey has exploded in the last couple of year. It's amazing what nature can produce, it will look very appealing when covered.

Tunnel - The lighting works well to take you through the scene, did you experiment with different shutter speeds to get the desired look?

Spring - A double whammy of it, nice DOF control. Might work with a tighter crop to remove the edge of the flower and leave at the left.

Getting some catch-up comments in!

Kitchen - The only thing you need is longer arms. Easy access to everything you need but also for me the temptation of the chocolate biscuits are not far away!

Broken - The earth looks like it's encompassing the mono one, I'm sure there is scrap value for a willing person to dispose of it.

Full - A doner kebab always looks more appetising after a drink or too. If you didn't get the salad would they have added more meat? Making me hungry, our local takeaway does a king size version that looks like a cannon, it's wrapped in a naan bread.

Patterns - The market for honey has exploded in the last couple of year. It's amazing what nature can produce, it will look very appealing when covered.

Tunnel - The lighting works well to take you through the scene, did you experiment with different shutter speeds to get the desired look?

Spring - A double whammy of it, nice DOF control. Might work with a tighter crop to remove the edge of the flower and leave at the left.

Thanks Stuart

I didn't experiment with shutter speed for Tunnel, I nearly did crop Spring, but decided to leave it.

Another double whammy. Nice shot - I can't believe its in flower - they haven't started thinking about it yet in East Anglia.

Another double whammy. Nice shot - I can't believe its in flower - they haven't started thinking about it yet in East Anglia.

Thanks Helen, it's actually about half way through now so will probably be bare in a couple of weeks - such a shame! Mind you, my bees are making the most of it.

Week 14 - Smooth

Well, this was a chance to try my new K&F filters (that I bought from this forum), in particular the NDs, and I have to say i'm very pleased with them. Some smooth water, that was otherwise rough, created by the use of ND filters

A couple of great shots Jim, Hard to choose which I like best but I lean towards the second. I find that the lower perspective works better for me with the leading line of the shore line.

A couple of great shots Jim, Hard to choose which I like best but I lean towards the second. I find that the lower perspective works better for me with the leading line of the shore line.

Thanks Bill, I found it hard to choose too.

Two nice shots, first one for me as like a bit of blue sky.
Been looking at the K&F filters, don't think I would use them an awful lot but price seems reasonable as a kit compared with others. Have seen good reviews but wonder how many of the reviews are biased due to free samples/payment

Both nice landscapes composed to fit the theme Jim. I like them both, as I love a good landscape, but also am drawn a little more to the second one.

Back