weekly foggy4ever's 52 for 2017 Week 14 Evolve(d)

Thanks all, I think a later reshoot could be called for. I have 2 groups quite close by so hopefully the wind direction will be kinder.

You have captured the detail in the windows really well, I would like to have seen a little detail in the stonework

I like the windows, and I like the black surrounding them as it concentrates the image. However, as others have said, the stonework around them would make the image better IMHO.....

Great detail in the church windows but I'm not sure about the windows floating in the dark. Maybe you could have tried an HDR to get the windows and the stonework both correctly exposed?

Very eye catching I thought, the details on the glass is superb.:)

Like it, as you have got some good motion blur on the turbines :) Above is a cracking shot, looking above at the lovely church windows, and seeing the Man from Above :)

I like the motion blur on the turbines too - just a pity the light wasn't better to make the most of the rapeseed flowers. Wonderful colours on above - I like the blackness of the surround - it sets them off nicely.

You have captured the detail in the windows really well, I would like to have seen a little detail in the stonework

I like the windows, and I like the black surrounding them as it concentrates the image. However, as others have said, the stonework around them would make the image better IMHO.....

Great detail in the church windows but I'm not sure about the windows floating in the dark. Maybe you could have tried an HDR to get the windows and the stonework both correctly exposed?

Above - Now that I like, a very dramatic angle with the converging windows, wonderfully bright stained glass, and the walls beautifully dark, like it a lot for the theme a lot (y)

I like the bright colours of the glass against the black background, not sure about the converging windows although it does emphasis that they are above you.

Very eye catching I thought, the details on the glass is superb.:)

Thanks all.

It was possible to bring back some details in the stone work but the amount of green glass in the windows made the walls look green. I've had a little play but not really happy so prefer the blackness of the original.

church test 5.1_filtered by Scott, on Flickr

church test 1 by Scott, on Flickr

Power ... nice idea and liking the PoV ... looking forward to the reshoot. ;)

Above ... I like the first ... it kind of says above as in heavenly.

ABOVE, it's like a triptych. The colours are really strong and bright. The black surrounding areas really help to set them off.

Just had a quick look back through what I've missed, I love the ladybird, I'd really like to see one in my garden but they never seem to come here :(
Dark ... spot on choice with the twinkly stars.
Power ... that's a really good POV but as others have said it needs a better day to make it come alive.
Above ... definitely the first one, I think the black surround makes the windows come glow ...beautiful colours ...an excellent choice.

Thanks again everyone for popping by :)

Evolve(d) The evolution of the Yorkshire Wildlife Park. Since it's humble beginnings in April 2009 it's come along way not only becoming a fantastic walk around wildlife park but also offering fun weekends through out the year. Last weekend was The Wizard of Oz spectacular, it was a great day out packed to the rafters with glorious sunshine.

I do have a soft spot for the Rhinos.
YWP 041 by Scott, on Flickr

The stage show
YWP 012 by Scott, on Flickr

Great shot of the Wizard of Oz, but I too have a soft spot for rhinos. And they look as if they didn't evolve much since they branched off from the dinosaurs!

@foggy4ever Slightly OT, but I know you like to shoot @ Zoos like myself. If you had to choose twixt the 70/200 2.8 or the 300 prime, which would you choose and why ?
For zoo shots above all else....

@foggy4ever Slightly OT, but I know you like to shoot @ Zoos like myself. If you had to choose twixt the 70/200 2.8 or the 300 prime, which would you choose and why ?
For zoo shots above all else....
Tough one as my 70-200 2.8 is an older Sigma and the Nikon 300mm is pin sharp. For focal length I'd go for the 300 as it's my most used of the 2. I've really only done Knowsley once and YWP is on my door step so my experience is purely there. I'm lucky as I've kept my old bodies so I can go with 2 either fx/dx or dx/dx.

Power - That's pretty impressive getting the motion blur there at 1/25th, yet keeping the stationary parts of the shot sharp. Does that lens have OS, or are you just good at hand holding. Spot on theme.
Above - ooh, I don't know. I like the black image, but the one where you brought detail out of the shadows I think is the one I prefer. There may be a bit of a cast perhaps, but it gives it character in my view. Mind you, it does show that the shot isn't quite symmetrical, which the black one hid nicely ;)
Evolve(d) - Well, the rhino is more on theme, but I feel it could do with a boost to the contrast or clarity. It feels a bit washed out. However, your shot of the parable of Populism and American Monetary Policy at the beginning of C20 is the one that really stands out for me. Sharp, with great contrast and colour. It shows how much having teh right light really helps.

Rhino shot is none too strong. Liking the Stage Show as I like People Pics, and their expressions captured. :)

Last edited:
Hi Scott, Doing a bit of a catch up :) Great structure, like them both but the colour one just edges it. Think you must have passed my Mum and Dads house to get there! They live in the cottages by the Boat Inn. Love the pictures on the cats eye, very sharp. The ladybird is fab, love the contrast btwn the green and the red. Like the church windows too great colours in the black bg :D

I am catching up on comments
Stucture - I like both photos fabulous choice of location
Routine - well it should be a routine great idea for the theme and very shiny car
the cat shots are lovely especially the cloes up on the eye
Numbers - nicely shoe horned in its a great photo I love the detail
Attract - great macro shots I like the Ladybird best
Dark - It fits the them well I too would have liked a focal point
Power - well done for getting the motion blur mine look static.
Above - I like the vibrant colours and the black surround of your original post best
Evolve - A tighter crop on the Rhino might be better

Last edited:
Hey :wave:

You still with us ??
Sorry DK, life kind of got in the way and couldn't find enough time to do the challenge justice. I promised myself if I fell behind I was out and sadly I did.

Good luck with the rest of your 52.

Back