weekly foggy4ever's 52 for 2017 Week 14 Evolve(d)

shoot the moon ... I've never done it but I think it can get addictive. I know some people who can't stop.

Well a lot of Numbers in the info of this shot Scott, you got some great detail in it too :)
Thanks
A very informative shoe horn ;) Nice detail and a perfectly black bg.
I think thats going to be a theme of my submissions trying to stay away from the obvious. It was taking in the blue hour.
shoot the moon ... I've never done it but I think it can get addictive. I know some people who can't stop.
Cheers
Haha Foggy, great horned shoe there. Clever.
Excellent crisp shot. Far better than the ones I took recently on my 7D and 150-500 @ 500.
Cheers, another test with the 300 f/4 plus 1.4 tc on a tripod.
Shoehorn, what shoehorn? I thought it was a big fat zero :D
I need to take a picture of a shoe horn for a future theme :D

ur insect shots are mind blowing...i wont ask the secret, as like birds, i won't get round to trying it ... i leave this work for the experts (y)

Two great macro shots, having had a go a few times myself I know how hard it can be to get these. Did you use a flash for them both?

You have got good focus and DOF on both of them and the colours in the ladybird shot are beautiful.

Two great macro shots, having had a go a few times myself I know how hard it can be to get these. Did you use a flash for them both?

You have got good focus and DOF on both of them and the colours in the ladybird shot are beautiful.
No flash, just very bright morning sun. I forgot how hard macro was hand held, as soon as a got focus I machine gunned a few shots.

Love the colour contrasts on the ladybird shot and the use of focus.

Certainly hits the brief, but the photo doesn't work for me I'm afraid. Maybe if you had brought in the horizon as a reference.

:withstupid::withstupid:

the universe and everything

I guess if you're into night sky shots and spotting constellations then its a good one.

When I first saw this on my phone it was just a black rectangle, wasn't until I got to the pc that I could see the stars. I'm sure there is a constellation in there somewhere.

Love looking at stars and often wish I lived in an area with lower light pollution, as others have mentioned I think it could do with something else in the shot to keep your attention, maybe a silhouette of a building or the horizon.

Surprisingly little noise for iso 25600, I guess that's Nikon's latest generation of sensors for you...
I understand the rule of thumb is 600/focal length = number of secs before stars become trails.
I'm not sure if you need the crop factor too, assuming you do you could have had 1.3 secs, let's say 1and a bit stops of light, and let's say that dropping from f5 to f4 gave you 1/2 a stop, you've got around 2 stops of light more you could have gathered, so iso 6400 may have been achievable (or maybe denser stars).

One for the 're-shoot' almost straight away? ;)

Certainly hits the brief, but the photo doesn't work for me I'm afraid. Maybe if you had brought in the horizon as a reference.

:withstupid:

I think it needs 'grounding', or to be of a particular constellation, or include the moon.

Not asking much am I :(

:withstupid::withstupid:

the universe and everything

I guess if you're into night sky shots and spotting constellations then its a good one.

When I first saw this on my phone it was just a black rectangle, wasn't until I got to the pc that I could see the stars. I'm sure there is a constellation in there somewhere.

Love looking at stars and often wish I lived in an area with lower light pollution, as others have mentioned I think it could do with something else in the shot to keep your attention, maybe a silhouette of a building or the horizon.

I love star watching, but think you would of nailed the shot if you`d had some ground in view too :)

Surprisingly little noise for iso 25600, I guess that's Nikon's latest generation of sensors for you...
I understand the rule of thumb is 600/focal length = number of secs before stars become trails.
I'm not sure if you need the crop factor too, assuming you do you could have had 1.3 secs, let's say 1and a bit stops of light, and let's say that dropping from f5 to f4 gave you 1/2 a stop, you've got around 2 stops of light more you could have gathered, so iso 6400 may have been achievable (or maybe denser stars).

One for the 're-shoot' almost straight away? ;)
Thanks for the info, it will come in handy for a later date.
Dark - Damn, I wish I had thought of that, such a great idea, a real nice clear sky with corner to corner darkness and no distractions, nice (y)

A focal point would be nice...but it works for the theme - perfectly sharp stars, too.

Thanks all, I stayed away from grounding it and used my 300mm to get pure blackness, much room to improve so will look forward to trying again.

Week 12 Power, wind power and not mine :p

Wind was in the wrong direction for the easiest of view points so had to leave the tripod in the car and yomp along the border of the farmers field. Trying to get some movement handheld was tricky and the light changed quite quickly then the rain came.

Power 3 by Scott, on Flickr

Great PoV and I like the motion blur. Looks overall a bit dull, but then you have to work with the weather...

Well done, you got a better turbine shot than me. I held out for days waiting for wind strength and direction plus reasonable sky and light, but the rain beat me to it even tho I did put something together over on my 52 thread.

Back