weekly George's 52 for 2017 Week 52(and Done)

Love the reflection in that dark surface. Well chosen for the theme Georgina.

Nice photo of very well put together subject, great reflection (y)

Very nicely ordered Georgie, nice reflections too, but an OCD'ers nightmare with the numbers not in order :D

As already mentioned it does look a tad dark, and also the tiles are not straight.
But then I don't have OCD, so it doesn't really bother me :)

I like that, Georgina. Nice and simple composition, black background and slight reflection to boot. Also like the fact the letters are in order, but the numbers aren't (disorder?).

Only possible gripe may be that it's a tad underexposed, though that could be my phone screen tbf. Good effort :)

Thanks Ian. OCD Nightmare :D Looks ok on my laptop but I did ask someone to print a picture for me recently and they said it was very dark too. So it could be my screen :confused:

Thanks Carl. I started off with just a dark box but felt it needed a bit of something else, the surface is actually a digital tablet. I made a good reflective surface :)

Very nicely ordered Georgie, nice reflections too, but an OCD'ers nightmare with the numbers not in order :D

As already mentioned it does look a tad dark, and also the tiles are not straight.
But then I don't have OCD, so it doesn't really bother me :)

Thanks, was a bit of a nightmare. You wouldn't believe how many times I moved the tiles slightly to try and get them lined up, everytime I moved one another one look wonky.:(

Nice photo of very well put together subject, great reflection (y)

I like this one Georgina, smashing reflection, nicely composed too.

Plane,simple but great shot and take on theme, like the shadows too :)

Ooo I like that too, nothing not to like... good lighting, good reflection and liking the crop too, super shot (y)

Loving the reflection on this!

:ty: everyone. Enjoyed doing this but it did take far longer than I expected it to. Spent far too long knocking one tile out of place as I was straightening another :(

Simple and effective. An odd twist might have been to flip the reflections in photoshop so they were still the right way up.

Nice brutalism to go with beautiful song. :D

Alphabetical Order ... simple nice reflection. (y)

The very first thing I thought of when I saw 'order' was scrabble tiles. I'm glad I didn't go with it as mine wouldn't have been this good.

Great photo, I love the reflection on the black surface. Good lighting and exposure.

The tiles do look a touch dark to me too - but the reflections look just right!
Yes maybe they are a little but the reflection might not have been so good:) Also the letters on the tiles are actually green and I wanted to disguise that too. All about the compromise :D

The very first thing I thought of when I saw 'order' was scrabble tiles. I'm glad I didn't go with it as mine wouldn't have been this good.
Thanks very much Nick. To be honest it was the only thing I thought of, It took a lot of tweeking and only added the reflection 3/4 of the way through. So glad I did :D

week 1 lovely take on the theme with them letters a nice black background and nice reflection as well, nicely framed as well my only tiny niggle is on the letter E there is a white mark that i would be tempted to clone out, but thats my only niggle.

Good image. I like the sharp reflections and the strong black background.
(y)
I have to agree with the scaly one regarding the numbers (insert sound of nails scratching down a blackboard here).

week 1 lovely take on the theme with them letters a nice black background and nice reflection as well, nicely framed as well my only tiny niggle is on the letter E there is a white mark that i would be tempted to clone out, but thats my only niggle.
Ooo well spotted Mandy. I hadn't noticed that, I probably would have cloned it out too if I'd seen it :eek: Better get some new specs :D

Yup on theme, a little under exposed, but nice reflections and detail.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy :)

Good image. I like the sharp reflections and the strong black background.
(y)
I have to agree with the scaly one regarding the numbers (insert sound of nails scratching down a blackboard here).

Thanks Tim, Lol def not good for the ones with OCD :D

Aweee she looks very cosy, although I would likely take a bit off the top of the pic to keep a full purple background (just personal taste), it is very well lit, with good use of the narrow DoF to focus in on her eyes, and even a catch light there too, very nice (y)

Looks very Comfortable on the bed. Lovely detail and soft colour tones. As Dean says, the focus on the eye and catch light there is excellent.

Really like the low level shot. As the others have said the focus on the eye is perfect. Good shot!

A lovely eye level shot of your cat nice and comfortable on the bed, good focus on the eye, the only thing is the white is just a bit blown near the bed :)

Thanks Dave:) She was only about 2ft from the window and it was quite bright on her white patch. I did try to lose it but only succeeded in making the rest of her too dark. Not very good at the processing stuff :( Lots to learn on that front

Aweee she looks very cosy, although I would likely take a bit off the top of the pic to keep a full purple background (just personal taste), it is very well lit, with good use of the narrow DoF to focus in on her eyes, and even a catch light there too, very nice (y)

Thanks DK. I wanted to crop the top off too but it made it too but felt it was too close to her ears then. I suppose thinking about it now I could have moved the cushions up a bit higher:rolleyes:

She's a lovely cat, I can only agree with what's been said, she looks very content

Thats a cracking shot for the " comfort " she does look very comfortable indeed, lovely focus on the eye would of fantastic if she was looking towards the camera, all in all a wonderful shot great work indeed.

Thanks DK. I wanted to crop the top off too but it made it too but felt it was too close to her ears then. I suppose thinking about it now I could have moved the cushions up a bit higher:rolleyes:
That is a point Missy... we will have you thinking of all these minor elements constantly while you compose shots in the future, you will for sure be swearing at us under your breath :D

Back