weekly George's 52 for 2017 Week 52(and Done)

That is a point Missy... we will have you thinking of all these minor elements constantly while you compose shots in the future, you will for sure be swearing at us under your breath :D

Lol quite possibly, but I think I/we get so focused on the main thing in the picture that we sometimes forget to look what else is going on:)

She's a lovely cat, I can only agree with what's been said, she looks very content

Thats a cracking shot for the " comfort " she does look very comfortable indeed, lovely focus on the eye would of fantastic if she was looking towards the camera, all in all a wonderful shot great work indeed.

Excellent choice for the topic Georgina she certainly looks comfy, really nicely focused too.

nice cat.

Thank you. She doesn't look it in this shot but she's getting on a bit now and does spend a lot of her time asleep and most of that on our bed!

Nice and sharp, good eye level shot and excellent DoF. And cute cat of course!

Great angle and sharpness.
I love the way she stands out from the background.
I can see where DK is coming from regarding the background, but you couldn't really change your angle, and the act of moving the pillows in the background could have made her move.
To me it puts her appropriately in her environment, so I wouldn't have done anything differently (and you're spot on regarding the crop).

(y)

Great angle and sharpness.
I love the way she stands out from the background.
I can see where DK is coming from regarding the background, but you couldn't really change your angle, and the act of moving the pillows in the background could have made her move.
To me it puts her appropriately in her environment, so I wouldn't have done anything differently (and you're spot on regarding the crop).

(y)

Thanks Tim, although I have to say she is not so easily moved :)

I used to have a 'Gonk' that looked a bit like that - very hairy. I suppose i'm showing my age as 'Gonks' were popular a long time ago.

Excellent take Georgina - great subject, good lighting and looks fabulous against that plain black bg.

Isnt that a dwarf Viking hiding in a dandelion clock ?

Amusing and apt image for the theme, nice work.

Great lighting and black background, and great idea.

haha that`s so cool, and the lighting is spot on. Nice one :)

I used to have a 'Gonk' that looked a bit like that - very hairy. I suppose i'm showing my age as 'Gonks' were popular a long time ago.

He is a bit like a gonk. I do remember them as I have also been around quite a long time ;)

I was kind of expecting a cat photo from you Georgina, so this was a surprise.
Well captured with a strong black background.
I may have tried for a larger DoF to get all of the hair in sharp focus (very minor point though).
Did you need iso800 as you had the flash - not that there is any evidence of high iso noise :) - Those Nikons really do handle the higher isos well don't they.

I was kind of expecting a cat photo from you Georgina, so this was a surprise.
Well captured with a strong black background.
I may have tried for a larger DoF to get all of the hair in sharp focus (very minor point though).
Did you need iso800 as you had the flash - not that there is any evidence of high iso noise :) - Those Nikons really do handle the higher isos well don't they.

Hi Tim, Thanks and no probably not lol. I was trying to do it without the flash and then decided I couldn't get it as sharp as I wanted and just forgot to go back to the iso :rolleyes: I'll blame it on my age :D

It gives every impression of being a babies bum ha ha (eggs maybe?) so good improvisation Georgina. Just in time for the next theme too. Like the colour combination.

Clever improvisation, and I like the colours and the DoF!

Ah the old egg trick, never fails to amuse. Nicely done, like the BG colour, would crop the eggs a bit to make it a little less rounded.

Back