weekly Gerry's 52 week 3: Scenic

Really nice shot! Like the way the cow is facing you. (Mind you, think I'd have been getting ready to run!)

Sorry to say but this doesn't quite work for me, purely as I'm not a fan of animals cut in half (well, other than on my plate :D ). Personally I would have rather seen it landscape orientation with the full cow. On the positive, it's well exposed

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Chris - I did have a landscape orientation shot with full cow, I just felt this was a more interesting shot overall and the portrait aspect for a bit of variety too. I'll see if I kept the others and post one for comparison if I have.

Hi Gerry ....I can't get your link on the main photo thread to work.

I really like the portrait aspect of the shot, I don't mind that there's only part of the cow showing. I love the dark brown of the fur against the white of the snow. A very eye catching shot.

Hi Gerry ....I can't get your link on the main photo thread to work.

I really like the portrait aspect of the shot, I don't mind that there's only part of the cow showing. I love the dark brown of the fur against the white of the snow. A very eye catching shot.

Thanks Susie I know about the link problem and haven't managed to fix it yet despite following the instructions.

Glad you like the original image, it is my fav of what I have.
Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Gerry, I agree with Susie, the portrait looks good, my eye's are immediately drawn to the size of them horns, fine beast, and great shot !!
All the best for the 52, looking forward to viewing the others.

Back