weekly Go on then, 5th go at the 52, finished!

I really can't understand how I've missed out on your last few submissions Michael but let me add my comments for the recent posts at least.
Medical: I've learnt something - didn't know there was a dedicated service .. obvious really that would be though. Nice pic
Tear: Beautiful - would love to see them in their natural state. Well taken and novel for the theme.
Chilled: Whatever floats your boat ... and I can see how sailing would make you quite chilled.
Shimmer: Nice shot - obviously fits the bill
Elements: Powerful image of nature showing raw energy
Seasonal: The muted colours suits the image. Love the lighthouse in the distance.
Habit: I had tons of the stuff at one stage ... definitely habit forming. The harsh lighting has produced an interesting and dramatic shadow. Like it.
Covered: Fits the theme. Nicely lit - strangely quite like the highlight on the nose. Not sure I'd like to meet you on a dark night. Excellent portrait - my fave of the set :clap:

Hi, Habit, on theme, but doesn't scream Habit.

Covered, I like. Very intense SP. The cool blueness adds to it. It also works well with a slight crop.

Cheers.

Lego, You big kid Michael :D

I like the low key, self portrait.
That works well IMO (y)

The shadow you've created on the lego shot made me smile.
It's a puppy dog out fishing...

Both good shots. May have been worth cloning out the highlight on your nose in the portrait?

Good catchup Michael

The Chilled lighthouse I like very much but might benefit from a little sharpen and a tweak in curves to bring out some detail.

The sparkles in Shimmer work well and on theme ... nice sky too.

Inverted ... creative thinking.

Elements ... best of the bunch (y) ... but I might have cropped a little off the FG

Seasonal ... lovely peaceful/moody image.

Habit ... ha! different.

Covered ... excellent! the revolutionary? Love the colour: a hint of blue on the head covering, a hint of red on the lips.

(y)

Habit: :D The explanation cracked me up. Nice B&W picture, and love the shadow of the puppy fishing...

Covered: I like the blue tone in this, but that one light in particular is a bit distracting...

I'm for the self portrait too Michael, the hood blending into the dark background works real well (y)

I really can't understand how I've missed out on your last few submissions Michael but let me add my comments for the recent posts at least.
Medical: I've learnt something - didn't know there was a dedicated service .. obvious really that would be though. Nice pic
Tear: Beautiful - would love to see them in their natural state. Well taken and novel for the theme.
Chilled: Whatever floats your boat ... and I can see how sailing would make you quite chilled.
Shimmer: Nice shot - obviously fits the bill
Elements: Powerful image of nature showing raw energy
Seasonal: The muted colours suits the image. Love the lighthouse in the distance.
Habit: I had tons of the stuff at one stage ... definitely habit forming. The harsh lighting has produced an interesting and dramatic shadow. Like it.
Covered: Fits the theme. Nicely lit - strangely quite like the highlight on the nose. Not sure I'd like to meet you on a dark night. Excellent portrait - my fave of the set :clap:

Hi, Habit, on theme, but doesn't scream Habit.

Covered, I like. Very intense SP. The cool blueness adds to it. It also works well with a slight crop.

Cheers.

Big thanks all for the commemts, somehow totallhy missed the highlight, thanks for pointing it out.

Still need to do

proverb
envy
full

Hi Michael, really good to see you catching up, that's an interesting one for Medical, I didn't realise they had a ship like that on the Scilly Isles and I live in Cornwall !!
Shimmer ....I love the distance shot of the lighthouse, it really emphasises the sense of isolation, the dolphins are very special too.
Habit ..... The grandsons getting Lego for Christmas ....fascinating isn't it. I may be tempted next year.
I agree with Carl on Covered it's excellent.

Not as easy a subject as it looks! Nice Job Michael, great processing too. Was that taken with the big lens you had at the meet at the arboretum?

Flickr version is even clearer (click through folks its worth it).

As others have said, plenty of detail, nice a sharp.
Nothing to add Michael (y)

Thanks all, much appreciated.

Not as easy a subject as it looks! Nice Job Michael, great processing too. Was that taken with the big lens you had at the meet at the arboretum?

Flickr version is even clearer (click through folks its worth it).

Hi Brian, yes it was taken with the sigma the 50-500 I had at the arboretum.

I though the moon was made of cheese! But now I think it's made of glass. :clap:

Nice Moon shot Michael. Loads of detail. Sounds like one hell of a lens! I'd be interested in seeing a mono version to see if it brings out the terrain textures etc.

3 nice catch ups there Michael, the expression on the lads face is priceless (y)

Last edited:
Nice catch up Michael and thats certainly an amazing Dinosaur (y)

Wow! Well done on the sprint finish Michael - that was some going. All nicely themed without question of course but love the dinosaur but my absolute favourite has to be the very colourful abstract created for Christmas. .... and now for TP52 2016 !!!! :clap:

Nice catch up Michael and thats certainly an amazing Dinosaur (y)

Thanks Chris, tasted great too :)

Liking the detail of the dinosaur but not keen on the crop, so the Diary shot for me Michael, I like it's clean and sharp simpleness (y)

Yeah, the crop annoyed me, took loads and still couldn't get it right, so decided to stick with it. QUite pleased with the diary shot too.

Wow! Well done on the sprint finish Michael - that was some going. All nicely themed without question of course but love the dinosaur but my absolute favourite has to be the very colourful abstract created for Christmas. .... and now for TP52 2016 !!!! :clap:

Thanks Carl, much appreciated.

some cool tricks there Michael .... the Christmas zooming and the flag movement. (y)

Back