Ians 52

A good selection of ideas and images for Clean, Ian, but the last is the winner by a mile. It's full of action and drama with the blurred motion of the incoming spray and the droplets running down the side of the car, and your choice of B&W is perfect to show the contrast the white foam against the darker background and foreground surface of the car. In case you can't guess, I like it a lot :clap:

Very nice, works well in mono. Were you using snow foam? You've captured a really good spray and I like the foam drips running down the car. :D

Hi Ian

New, a clever take on the theme, the 2nd image is slightly better than the 1st, but the cropping could be closer, remember to look at what's in the background, could it be cleaned up or cropped out.

Clean, I prefer the car image. It gives a reference to what is going on. Movement in the foam is good.

Open, nice and colourful, not sure if the pig in the foreground is required. On Theme. Be careful of horizontal and vertical lines being off.

Pete

You don't see many shops around here like that, looks like a proper old hardware shop.

I agree with Pete about the pig at the front but we don't know what restrictions you had in getting the shot. The opening time of the shop really stands out and love all the detail of the stock to look at.

Hi Ian

New, a clever take on the theme, the 2nd image is slightly better than the 1st, but the cropping could be closer, remember to look at what's in the background, could it be cleaned up or cropped out.

Clean, I prefer the car image. It gives a reference to what is going on. Movement in the foam is good.

Open, nice and colourful, not sure if the pig in the foreground is required. On Theme. Be careful of horizontal and vertical lines being off.

Pete
If i went the other side of the pig and only having a 35mm i wouldn`t have been able to get most of the stock in the shot. but i can understand your point.

Cool image Ian, I like it.
Lots of interest...a feast for the eyes!
Completely understand your shooting limitations in respect of the pig, I don't find it too distracting.
Overall, it's a very good image with a great story and nice colours and contrast.
I see that you framed it so that the reflection of you taking the photo is obscured by the big '5' on the door!! Crafty!!:giggle:
Nice work Ian.(y)

Cool image Ian, I like it.
Lots of interest...a feast for the eyes!
Completely understand your shooting limitations in respect of the pig, I don't find it too distracting.
Overall, it's a very good image with a great story and nice colours and contrast.
I see that you framed it so that the reflection of you taking the photo is obscured by the big '5' on the door!! Crafty!!:giggle:
Nice work Ian.(y)
You noticed my deliberate mistake :D

Maybe the crop is unconsciously off centre thereby mirroring the chaotic nature of the shop. Or am I just waffling on? Anyway, on theme with lots going on in there.

New - a good idea for the theme and the second image has the edge, great capture of the page turning over.
Clean - the last image in the set is my favourite, lots of detail and works very well in B&W.
Open - that looks like a interesting shop, good find for the theme, I would of been tempted to loose a little bit of the piggy seems a bit intrusive to me.

Hi Ian,

New - Good thinking for this theme. The mono works nicely and the movement is just right. The highlights are a bit on the bright side on my monitor though.
Clean - First one for me although all of them are good. Very good shot and well thought out.
Open - Looks just like the Open all hours shop so a perfect shot for this week. Like others, I too would like to see the shot without the pig thingy but you've got to shoot with what you have got.

Hi Ian, that's a proper shop! Everyone else has commented on the partial pig in the foreground and the slightly wonky look to the sigh and canopy at the top, so I'll just say that my eye was drawn immediately to the sign in the centre with the opening hours so it works perfectly for the theme in that regard. It would probably have been a better image without the top of the pig, but if it means losing some of the stock outside the shop then I can see why you left it ;)

Thanks everyone for your constructive comments, I take them onboard and try to improve every week.

Hi Ian.

New - Great idea, I like both with and without the hand, and it works very well in Mono.
Clean - The snow foam on the car is my favourite. Lots of detail and with it being in Mono, it does look like you are giving the car a wash with milk. Great shot.
Open - You have captured the busy cluttered feel of the shop. I can imagine what its like with out even stepping foot in the door. I agree with Andrea, the opening times on the door was my first spot.

Good work!

Distant IMG_3875.jpgshadows, complete with tog in shot :withstupid: I did have a few days off work and thought, i have loads of time, but things went pair shaped and only managed to grab this shot with the iphone.

Good idea, Ian, and well done for getting your image when you were short of time. I really like the long shadow and agree with previous comments that it looks a bit creepy - I could imagine it on a book cover! The warm light is lovely in the first one but when I scrolled down to the B&W version that works extremely well so I can't choose a favourite :) Well done on coming up with an original idea.

Good idea, Ian, and well done for getting your image when you were short of time. I really like the long shadow and agree with previous comments that it looks a bit creepy - I could imagine it on a book cover! The warm light is lovely in the first one but when I scrolled down to the B&W version that works extremely well so I can't choose a favourite :) Well done on coming up with an original idea.

Thanks Andrea, It wasn`t until i had got home and looked again to see the Weird figure lurking. :cool::giggle:

Back