image theft result

Ha, yep they can't dispute my neighbours house. :LOL:

I looks like a Dutch plant seller using it for advertising, rather than an image/photo seller, so don't imagine it'll be worth anything. :rolleyes:

Got to say though, it's impressive how Pixy works. :cool:

They have made a derivative work (1 infraction) then used it unlicensed for commercial gain (2nd infraction)

Surely worth a modest payout for you???

See above, just go to the pricing page, no need for the invitation.

Oh, I missed that..........can I (did you?) apply via that route as well?

PS I surmise you are talking about the "free" account?

They have made a derivative work (1 infraction) then used it unlicensed for commercial gain (2nd infraction)

Surely worth a modest payout for you???

I guess you never know, but I don't have a paypal acct & don't even do online banking! :cautious: If I thought it was worth it I guess I would consider opening an acct. but I think I'll wait until one of the multinationals nicks an image .... then I'll make a claim & add it then, before retiring to a sunny island. :cool:

Last edited:
As Ecoleman says, just go to the pricing page and it bypasses the invitation.

However, what form do you fill in on the Tax page? You can't get past it unless you fill one in. :confused:
You just use your national insurance number

Yes and Yes. Sorted the 'Tax' form as well, not that I am expecting to get any money. :)

So, accessing via the price page you just leave that first code blank and it does not demand one to move on? In regard to the tax section........just what initially foxed you, that you sorted aok?

You just use your national insurance number

If they require full address details and your NI number if their systems are in any way insecure they have all they need for ID theft hackings :(

PS reading their terms they say the site is only for use by USA citizens...........though may have missed something. But in regard to businesses many refs to US citizens registering for some business services they are (publicly?) obliged to give their equivalent of the NI number.

So on the face of it the system requirements are very UScentric.

Last edited:
quick (couple of) questions.

thought I would take a look for the fun of it (as don't expect any of mine to be used, but hey :) ). Turns out, that a few are! A lot of them are older shots and don't have any copyright/watermarks on them, but as they are from Flickr and set as all rights reserved, does that still cover me? also, has anyone come across hiveminer.com. A lot of mine seem to be on there and not really sure what that is? Looks like it is just some sort of search engine on photo tags???

EDIT:

Sorry if this should really be in a new thread, will go and start one if this isn't the best/right place for this.

also, has anyone come across PinsDaddy.com. Again, seems a search engine that is taking photos from Flickr but seem to be stating they are doing everything legitimately -

"PinsDaddy.com allows you to search, manage and add free stock photos to blogs, forums, websites and other online media"

Last edited:
Quick update

Doh! on the Smartphone I misread the first page and thought it wanted NI (as mentioned above) when creating the account viz the 'pricing page' ~ my bad :LOL: NB at what point does it want the NI number???

So setup as mentioned and linked Flickr (their API found it automagically.....off of my browser history????) also linked my 500px but more manually.

Their immediate scan was most revealing as in ~ similarities because of the angle & PoV of one on my aircraft images look the same! And found some no commercial postings of old threads on another web forum.

So, surmising their search engine keeps trawling I wonder what it will find??? If anything ;)

Edit ~ browsing the account settings I have found the payments section where they want the full info including NI and one thing I have noticed is that unlike the rest of the https where I get the Chrome green padlock, that page is not fully padlock secured!!!

For now I will just see what if any matches they uncover but the lack for clearly identifiable security on a key identity section does concern me.

Especially as text that "The secure form below gives you the power to manage your own preferred payment method and tax compliance information. More information about how we process your data, security, and tax compliance can be found here." includes the linky here https://pixsy.com/remittance-payments/ that is supposed to detail how they use and protect the data shows nothing as it defaults to the home page???

Last edited:
quick (couple of) questions.

thought I would take a look for the fun of it (as don't expect any of mine to be used, but hey :) ). Turns out, that a few are! A lot of them are older shots and don't have any copyright/watermarks on them, but as they are from Flickr and set as all rights reserved, does that still cover me? also, has anyone come across hiveminer.com. A lot of mine seem to be on there and not really sure what that is? Looks like it is just some sort of search engine on photo tags???

EDIT:

Sorry if this should really be in a new thread, will go and start one if this isn't the best/right place for this.

also, has anyone come across PinsDaddy.com. Again, seems a search engine that is taking photos from Flickr but seem to be stating they are doing everything legitimately -

"PinsDaddy.com allows you to search, manage and add free stock photos to blogs, forums, websites and other online media"
I very much doubt that a watermark would have any affect on your images. If you are saying all rights reserved you are saying no one can use them with permission. Any use without permission, regardless if you had a watermark are reserved.

Pinsdaddy... are you able to make a claim against them? Who are pinsdaddy to say other people can use your images...

Tax form? I never filled in anything about tax

Though I did not complete the section, tax is mentioned on the payments tab of 'your account settings' ~ see my edit in post #51 above ;)

NI number not required. I selected the bit right at the bottom and it just walks you through a form where you tell them you are not a US citizen, put your name and address in a couple of times and voila, all done.

You have to fill in the tax bit or they won't pay you.

Lots of theory and what ifs going on here ,first off I'm u.k based. ,secondly you only need to fill in full payment details if and when they are going to pay you out ,there communications E.mails are very good and there team are extremely helpful in sorting out problems for you ,if your owed money you will get it .

Just do your matches and submit which ones you feel need acting on ,they will then let you know the ones they feel have a chance of successful payout ,in my experience it's around 30 percent of your submissions ,as lots are in countrys where they can't be pursued ..

And as someone else said it seems to be older images that have been stolen more often or it could just be that there searches start at the beginning of your Flickr stream .there is no hidden agenda to look for they are 100% legit my payouts this year are proof of that .

Do they tell you what was paid by the offender or do they just give you an amount that you double in order to come to a conclusion ?

Do they tell you what was paid by the offender or do they just give you an amount that you double in order to come to a conclusion ?
They will tell you if you ask ,I know it's genuine though as with one of mine I had to sign online court papers for the Louisiana state court ,stating the amount they were taking the company to court for ,and I received half the stated amount.

And there's no holding back on payouts either usually within a fortnight or less of settlement ,you can review all your cases progress in your account as well

Last edited:
They will tell you if you ask ,I know it's genuine though as with one of mine I had to sign online court papers for the Louisiana state court ,stating the amount they were taking the company to court for ,and I received half the stated amount.

And there's no holding back on payouts either usually within a fortnight or less of settlement ,you can review all your cases progress in your account as well
What type of your images tend to get stolen/used?

It's broken at the moment as the matching algorithm just produces utter nonsense even on the highest accuracy setting.

Anyone know what happens when you've got the free account limited to 500 images, and you go over the 500? Does it ignore the new ones or the old ones or can you beat the count by telling Pixsy to ignore images? I have a lot of Sun and Moon shots which inevitably attract a lot of 'matches' but I'd like their system to just ignore those images.
Sadly my only real matches are perfectly legit, so no new camera for me either.

Anyone know what happens when you've got the free account limited to 500 images, and you go over the 500? Does it ignore the new ones or the old ones or can you beat the count by telling Pixsy to ignore images? I have a lot of Sun and Moon shots which inevitably attract a lot of 'matches' but I'd like their system to just ignore those images.
Sadly my only real matches are perfectly legit, so no new camera for me either.

Looks like it starts with the latest and works back in time ... you can set it to ignore a specific website, e.g. Twitter, which I guess narrows down the matches but I don't know if that affects the 500.

MARK its right across the board ,the highest percentage seem to be holiday/travel snaps some general specific things (machines ) etc and as most of my shots are wildlife quiet a few of them .i am thinking that most of mine are from before the days when i had adequate software to copyright my images ,but without going to a upgraded account i can't really say further ,BTW if someone does use and remove your copyright info they are then in for a much larger claim .

JAN theres no way that i have found of beating the system bar if you have duplicates on flickr and 500px just use one as a source

GRAMPS with mine it seemed ?? to work the other way ,oldest first .

and yes moon shots and sunsets are the biggest repeat problems i think they must use tags when doing the initial searches

It's the more mundane stuff might get used, I have a mediocre shot of a telehandler loader in a quarry keeps being used in stories about quarries from Russia to Canada.
It's kind of annoying when others misrepresent or misunderstand what the picture shows but I have't tackled anyone about those - mostly in blogs.

I've just signed, just on the off chance. Nothing ventured etc. I only have 156 images on 500px and they say there are no matches so far. I don't know whether that is good or bad. Good that no one has copied any, :) bit bad that no one has seen them fit to copy, :( and so no potential money. :LOL:

Thanks for the heads up anyway. :)

What I am not clear about was the search/matching process.

Having linked my Flickr and 500px it did a very rapid matching but does the Pixsy system continue to trawl the internet to find either yet to be found matches and/on new ones that arise???

Possibly where the difference is ,I think my Flickr stream stands at around 6000 or so shots ,I have a few on 500px but found it messier to use .TBH Flickr over the years has done me proud I have sold quiet a few images from there and also had quiet a few shown on springwatch/ autumnwatch etc as has the wife and son ,I have also had quiet a few published from there (with my full permission) in books ,magazines and papers. .
But it really annoyed me to see that I had so many images stolen and used at least pixsy has given me some retribution and it's a nice little earner getting far more than I have sold images for ,I think my highest sale was for £105 for a sunset shot used by a Japanese pop group for a c.d cover .

Possibly where the difference is ,I think my Flickr stream stands at around 6000 or so shots ,I have a few on 500px but found it messier to use .TBH Flickr over the years has done me proud I have sold quiet a few images from there and also had quiet a few shown on springwatch/ autumnwatch etc as has the wife and son ,I have also had quiet a few published from there (with my full permission) in books ,magazines and papers. .
But it really annoyed me to see that I had so many images stolen and used at least pixsy has given me some retribution and it's a nice little earner getting far more than I have sold images for ,I think my highest sale was for £105 for a sunset shot used by a Japanese pop group for a c.d cover .

I noticed the way Pixsy linked to Flickr was seamless compared to 500px

Are you on one of their monthly paid services or the free one ~ whichever one how does it cope(?) with your 6000 images?

I noticed the way Pixsy linked to Flickr was seamless compared to 500px

Are you on one of their monthly paid services or the free one ~ whichever one how does it cope(?) with your 6000 images?
Just on the initial free one so all payouts have been done from the initial 500

I just found one of my horse heads on someone elses site but can`t do a thing as it says not High Resolution.

But if the site is a commercial one I.e. by the use of your image they are profiting, whether high res or not they surely they should pay an appropriate license fee???

Back