iPHONE images... post your iPhone/Mobile pics HERE... :-)

That's a nice candid street style capture Garry, with a suitable Hipstamatic presentation.

"Good to see you back on your iPhone, I personally think most of your best material has been snapped on that"

Last edited:
Not sure what I was trying to achieve here but I do like it Battered old low grade smart phone and an edit in Snapseed looking for a Grudge look ( Normal photos look terrible on this phone so an effective down grade is the way to go. HDR edit to bring the bricks out either side , these were in near darkness and then a little extra noise ( It was quite noisy in the first place) and then knock the highlights down a little. All in phone so as it is only a little screen I didn't know exactly what I was getting until I got home and transferred it to the PC .

AL2.jpeg

I've not been out with my DSLR for a very long time, and really the only time I take photos with my camera is when I'm at a concert.
So not very good but from concerts this year.

PXL_20240123_214448086.jpgPXL_20240129_200046639.jpgPXL_20240222_204246253.jpg

I was driving to a customer site in Wales last week and Apple Maps directed me up the A5 instead of the A55 for some reason. The scenery was absolutely stunning, but every time I saw somewhere to park it was either surrounded by trees or the light was rubbish.
Finally, I saw a parking space with a view and not too terrible light, so I stopped and grabbed a couple of shots (had my camera in the boot). I took one on my phone to send to my wife, and it came out better than the ones on the camera - I think I needed to do an exposure stack to get it to come out properly.

This is the phone version, anyway:
IMG_0921.jpeg

I just had a quick play with it in Snapseed; I quite like this, although the clouds are *way* overdone:
IMG_0952.jpeg

Last edited:
A dingy back alley in London's Chinatown.

Two Scooters by Garry Knight, on Flickr

That's a very nice street style capture Garry, I've walked past that place many times and never considered taking a few snaps there.

"Can I ask what Hipstamatic configuration you used for this presentation?"

That's a very nice street style capture Garry, I've walked past that place many times and never considered taking a few snaps there.

"Can I ask what Hipstamatic configuration you used for this presentation?"

Thanks, George. I'm pretty sure it was my combination of Love 81 film and Jane lens. I haven't played with settings for a long time, so I'm either using that or BlacKeys Supergrain film and John lens. The two recent shots and one I'll be sharing tomorrow were of the spur-of-the-moment capture the scene quick type. I tend to use Hipstamatic to edit shots taken with the basic Photos app, or just process regular phone shots in Snapseed.

Back