weekly It is what it is, Sirching for 52/2016 - 52 - Celebrate

Great photo, very sharp and well lit. Maybe you could have chosen a slightly low PoV so that the screw doesn't appear to be falling over? Unless that's intentional?

haha, sorry Chris....

Great photo, very sharp and well lit. Maybe you could have chosen a slightly low PoV so that the screw doesn't appear to be falling over? Unless that's intentional?

Thanks for looking. I hadn't seen the "falling-over" effect myself, A lower angle was a bit of an issue as I was shooting on the cooker top and things were getting in the way if I shot lower. Still it made me clean the top of the cooker :)

Great idea Chris ... especially as it's a substitute. Yes, nice and sharp and good reflection.

Great idea Chris ... especially as it's a substitute. Yes, nice and sharp and good reflection.
Thanks Carl

Well, blow me down, threads can me male & female, you learn something new every day!
I like the muted reflection, it adds interest without stealing attention.
:D Thanks Tim, it took me about 20 shots to get that reflection and several goes at cleaning the cooker, glad you like it.

That's well done but, I don't know, maybe some more nuts and bolts along side in landscape orientation would have added interest. o_O

That's well done but, I don't know, maybe some more nuts and bolts along side in landscape orientation would have added interest. o_O
Thanks David, looking at it now I agree it could perhaps do with more interest

Great combination of the solid tree vs the foggy nothing, composition works very well.

Nicely done for M/F Chris, the cooker top comes in handy for reflections doesn't it :)
I copied the cooker top idea from someone on here, can't think who :whistle:, although I found it did make me look at bit too closely at the cooker...

The tree stands out and balances really well with the misty field in your 'out and about', the fogs not great if your driving, but it definitely makes interesting photos.
Thanks Susie

Great combination of the solid tree vs the foggy nothing, composition works very well.
Thanks Bernd

I like "foggy" Chris, its kinda misterious ( sorry :D ) and softens everything :)

Ooh - I like your foggy picture very much Chris. A very simple composition but it balances well - I love the change from black to white from lower right to upper left. I never seem to 'see' things like this! :clap:
Thanks Emma, I was quite pleased with the range of tones.

Very atmospheric Chris - lovely detail in the tree ... definitely got spooky factor.

And here's that last one, quite hard to get the light right. My daughter celebrated with some fancy nail polish and a ludicrously expensive tube of coloured grease

Chrismas2016 (16) by TheWub, on Flickr

Captured well though Chris.
Plenty of detail, down to the flakes in the nail varnish.
Where does one buy stripy nail varnish then?
Thanks Tim, surely you have heard of striped paint :)

I'm quite impressed that she could do her right hand with her left

Blimey, it is quite impressive with the varnishing. Got the lighting spot on Chris and I like those coloured octagonal flares dotted around.

Nice finish Chris, spot on focus great lighting, and I too think the coloured flares finish off the whole thing very nicely (y)

Blimey, it is quite impressive with the varnishing. Got the lighting spot on Chris and I like those coloured octagonal flares dotted around.

Nice finish Chris, spot on focus great lighting, and I too think the coloured flares finish off the whole thing very nicely (y)

Thanks both, I was thinking I could do with a lens with more aperture blades to give nicer bokeh balls, may be next Christmas ;)

I was thinking I could do with a lens with more aperture blades to give nicer bokeh
You know what they say Chris, if it aint Bokehn don't fix it
( yeah I know :coat: )

Great details and great lighting. That's indeed very celebratory.

Back