weekly Jason's 52 in 2016 - TOPICAL

Very nice portrait for Happy - to be treasured, lovely smile. :clap:

Great portrait for Happy and they don't look old enough to have been married that long. A picture to be proud of :clap::clap::clap:

Cracking portrait Jason (y)

As Cobra said, cracking photo

Sure is a Happy portrait.

Super shot Jason ....I had lovely parents too ....I hope I set the same example for my family. I really like the choice of B&W I often prefer it for people photos.

Happy - Super photo

Happy... Lovely B/W your mum has a beautiful smile I know Dads don’t like having their pictures taken I’m the same, overall great picture and may they have another 42years together .(y)

Great capture and nicely processed, Jason. Obviously don't know them from Adam, but it feels as if you can get a sense of their personalities through that image, which is the key to a great portrait for me. Superb!

Very nice portrait for Happy - to be treasured, lovely smile. :clap:

Great portrait for Happy and they don't look old enough to have been married that long. A picture to be proud of :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks everybody for the kind comments. They are appreciated (y)

Very nice, excellent PP too can't fault that at all, nice one

Oh yes, I like those Jason/ Nice find and great composition. Like the complimenting bg. :clap:

HP Sauce, Shiptons Paste, don't know about the other ... really nice work Jason. :clap:

Abandoned is very effective.
I like your PP.

Looks more like "rescued" to me :D

Great idea well presented Jason (y)

That’s different I like your take on the theme love the background looks great super shot.(y)

Very nice, excellent PP too can't fault that at all, nice one

Oh yes, I like those Jason/ Nice find and great composition. Like the complimenting bg. :clap:

HP Sauce, Shiptons Paste, don't know about the other ... really nice work Jason. :clap:

Abandoned is very effective.
I like your PP.

I love this one Jason ....the processing is perfect ....definitely my favourite of the week :clap::clap:

Happy - lovely story and capture - B&W works really well :)

Abandoned - would have been nice to have seen them "in situ" and still abandoned but good take on the theme and the PP works well with the theme too

That's a very striking shot - great PP and the effect on the background works perfectly.

That’s different I like your take on the theme love the background looks great super shot.(y)

Interesting shot. Not sure it sells 'abandoned' to me, but it works nicely as an image. Perhaps a little more DoF needed to keep the small pot in sharp focus?

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Always appreciate your visit

Yep, one of the best of this theme and IMO of the year so far.

Temptation to cover the whole arm, but leaving to inked arm works really well. I removed the frame....but prefer it in.

I did something similar for a previous 52 :)

Cheers.

Happy - A lovely portrait and just speaks of happiness.

Abandoned - A good collection of bottles and nicely composed/shot. Would have liked all three bottles in focus or just one with the other two out of focus.

Camouflage - is that paint on your hand? Good idea for the theme and well executed

Camouflage.
I like that a great deal.....but I can't help wondering what it would look like with the parts of the arm free from paint perhaps being in colour.

I had to look at this on a big screen to figure it out but I'm glad I did. Brilliantly detailed and it's a really original idea.

Great idea Jason nicely presented (y)

Jason Hi,

Happy - , a cracking portrait. Nothing to add.

Abandoned - Good idea with the old bottles, like the processing.

Camouflage - excellent take on the theme, clever idea.

That's so good, fascinating the detail of the skin?and paint?

can't fault it :clap:
Thanks Allan, Yup that paint - standard emulsion

Yep, one of the best of this theme and IMO of the year so far.

Temptation to cover the whole arm, but leaving to inked arm works really well. I removed the frame....but prefer it in.

I did something similar for a previous 52 :)

Cheers.

Thanks......thats very generous of you to say so.....great minds think a like hey ;)

Happy - A lovely portrait and just speaks of happiness.

Abandoned - A good collection of bottles and nicely composed/shot. Would have liked all three bottles in focus or just one with the other two out of focus.

Camouflage - is that paint on your hand? Good idea for the theme and well executed

Yup that paint. Regading the focus on the bottles, all bottles sharp in original picture the blur is added as part of the wet plate treatment

Happy - I think it has all been said, a cracking portrait.

Abandoned - as mentioned a nice collection of bottles, I do like your pp work on this image.

Camouflage - excellent take on the theme, I really like it :clap::clap:.

Thanks Mandy.....appreciate the catchup and kind comments (y)

Camouflage.
I like that a great deal.....but I can't help wondering what it would look like with the parts of the arm free from paint perhaps being in colour.

HI. I did try it in colour though just didnt look right....b&w also helped minimise contrast between background and paint on hand which I wanted. Thanks for comment - all very much appreciated

Nice take on the theme, very nice :)

Cheers

Fabulous shot of the hand Jason ...I love the softness of the processing, it works as a stand alone image for me.

Cheers Susie......glad you like it

That's a great idea Jason, love the crackled finish of the paint (presuming it is paint) a nice posture of the hand too, nice one (y)

Cheers Dean......I like the crackling too......felt nice too as the paint was drying on the hand :):)

I had to look at this on a big screen to figure it out but I'm glad I did. Brilliantly detailed and it's a really original idea.

Cheers

Great idea Jason nicely presented (y)

Thanks Cobra

Jason Hi,

Happy - , a cracking portrait. Nothing to add.

Abandoned - Good idea with the old bottles, like the processing.

Camouflage - excellent take on the theme, clever idea.

THanks very much...appreciate all the comments....hope to visit your thread again soon (y)

Very original - love the subtle tonal changes in the whites. Nicely done Jason. :clap:

Cheers Carl....great crit and eye for details there (y)

A brilliant idea for camouflaged and beautifully shot - the contrast with your tattooed arm is perfect.

CHeers....thanks for stopping in

Fab idea for camouflaged and you nailed perfectly.

Gaz

Cheers

Looks like your reaching for something - excellent shot :clap:

Cheers....Hope you like the pose.....was king of hard to pose something that looked ok compositionally whilst avoiding loads of shadows on the hand

Well done Jason .. super job. :clap:

Cheers David. (y)
:agree: With the above great job on the theme I like it a lot(y)

Cheers

Week 7 - Danger(ous)

Bit of a shoehorn for me this week

We spent Valentines weekend away touring Cambrige, and very nice it was;). Whilst touring the colleges we came upon this statue of Henry VIII above the entrance to Trinity college (Henry founded Trinity college just weeks before he died).

This got me thinking - was he a nice man, loving and kind or did the fact he had 2 wifes behead make him a danger(ous) man. According to this article he was indead a psychopath -------->

The word Trinity has been composited on, and is from the plaque for Trinity Street opposite the entrance to the colledge.

There is also an interesting story (or mystery) behind the table leg that he is holding :)

Danger(ous) by Jason Glyn, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Jason. Definitely a Dangerous man our old 'enry. Knew he had problems with his legs but not the wooden chair variety. You got me mystified so looked up the story of Mr. Binge the window cleaner wot dun the deed ha ha. I like the history and mystery wrapped in your rendition of Dangerous. Brilliant - very educational ... even though most of us TP52's are probably beyond salvation I suspect. :exit:

Danger(ous) - nice image, sharp and plenty of detail, might look good in a B&W conversion

Last edited:
Back