weekly Jason's 52 in 2016 - TOPICAL

As others have said, you achieved what you set out to do Jason (y)

Nicely done Jason - agree with @cargo about the small detail of skin pushed against glass. Dramatic. :clap:

A well thought out shot, the lighting is very good adds to the theme(y)

Hmmm ... been taking long looks and I'm not sure, TBH. I tried something similar earlier this week featuring Ms d00d and frosted glass ... but that didn't work out. It's a thing I'd like to have another go at. I may be wrong but this looks like the subject's on the outside (which doesn't say captive) and there's condensation on the inside (I hate condensation).

Last edited:
I think its great, and I don't know if this is a compliment or an insult, but I thought there was a fair bit of PP to get an Icy look. On further inspection it looks like you've achieved everything you needed with great lighting.
Thanks for the compliment
On first glance I thought photoshopped too, it almost looks like a negative, I really like it Jason ...an excellent idea for the theme.
Cheers Susie, happy enough as I did struggle this week
I find this image disturbing - which is probably a testament to the realism you have captured - nicely done :clap:
if it makes you feel something, that satisfies me greatly
Yep like too. Love the skin pushed up against the glass. Really makes the image.

Gaz
cheers Gaz. Reminds me of the pads on the feet of exotic frogs
Captive - cracking image as per normal, love the way it's lit.
cheers Mandy
I like that a lot - I agree with @susiejb there's something about it that makes you think of a negative, or maybe a lightning flash. Very different and it made me think.
cheers, great comment
Exactly my sentiments!
cheers
That's very good, especially for a "grab" shot! I like the lighting (something very horror movie-ish about it) and rain/water on the window as well.

I would be interested to know if the light was on the same side of the glass as you, and if you had any problems with reflections? You have got the image very clear through the glass, which I thought would be difficult, particularly with all the water on it.
hi. I was inside and she was outside. Lights inside kept on to lock in the focus, then switched off. Only one off camera flash outside below model

As others have said, you achieved what you set out to do Jason (y)
cheers
Nicely done Jason - agree with @cargo about the small detail of skin pushed against glass. Dramatic. :clap:
thanks for the contents
A well thought out shot, the lighting is very good adds to the theme(y)
cheers
Very dramatic lighting. I did wonder about the water on the glass but they do add depth.

Cheers.
hi Andy. Thanks for stopping in
Hmmm ... been taking long looks and I'm not sure, TBH. I tried something similar earlier this week featuring Ms d00d and frosted glass ... but that didn't work out. It's a thing I'd like to have another go at. I may be wrong but this looks like the subject's on the outside (which doesn't say captive) and there's condensation on the inside (I hate condensation).
lol David, I like your honesty. Yeah not how I envisaged it, but short on time and inspiration this week. Hate condensation too - this was added with spray bottle.

Just enough lighting to give it an air of mystery. Like the idea a lot.

That's very good, especially for a "grab" shot! I like the lighting (something very horror movie-ish about it) and rain/water on the window as well.

I would be interested to know if the light was on the same side of the glass as you, and if you had any problems with reflections? You have got the image very clear through the glass, which I thought would be difficult, particularly with all the water on it.

I agree! I had to look closely to see the glass! I was trying to work out the strange distortion on the hands! Really great interpretation!

Just enough lighting to give it an air of mystery. Like the idea a lot.

Thanks

Scary image, perfect for the theme.

Cheers :)

Love the lighting and drama it brings - great image :)

Thanks for the comments and appreiciate the visit

Very dramatic picture for captive

:)(y)

Hi, excellent image for captive has a great atmosphere to it

Cheers Allan

I agree! I had to look closely to see the glass! I was trying to work out the strange distortion on the hands! Really great interpretation!

Cheers ;)

Captive - this deserved a comment! It doesn't necessarily say 'captive' to me but it's a very dramatic photo nonetheless.

Miniature - I didn't really get it until I saw the title and then I got it! Very droll.

always useful to have a dig around in the kids toy baskets for props...done that a fair few times myself.

Nice clean image with good lighting. Not sure it needs the tape measure in the background, although it does reinforce the miniature theme.

Cute picture
Cheers
Captive - this deserved a comment! It doesn't necessarily say 'captive' to me but it's a very dramatic photo nonetheless.

Miniature - I didn't really get it until I saw the title and then I got it! Very droll.
Cheers. Droll, that's a great word.... Thanks for teaching me something new :)
And where were they off to? :D
Nice clear image (y)
Cheers. Anywhere the viewer cares to imagine..... Just not the market I guess
always useful to have a dig around in the kids toy baskets for props...done that a fair few times myself.

Nice clean image with good lighting. Not sure it needs the tape measure in the background, although it does reinforce the miniature theme.
Know what you mean. Tape measure jars a bit on the composition but was determined to add some context. Thanks for the comment

Last edited:
Hi Jason. What happened to the big bad wolf ... run out of puff? Like that you included a scale contrast. It would make a good poster for a nursery.

Good picture for the theme I think it would be better without the tape

The three little piggies eh, nice choice for miniature but I don't like the tape measure. Nice shadows grounding the animals too.

Hey Jason :)

Captive - Really like this mate, good pose, good highlights from the light source, very original idea (y)

Miniature - A good infinity background, nice light and shadows and a good idea with the measure, I wasn't sure if it was needed, but on reflection feel the shot would be lacking without it :)

I'm liking your captive image, the lighting really suits the image. Miniature is a nice image. Adding the ruler into the picture helps give a sense of scale. Good work :)

Hi Jason

Some great images there. For me, the lighting in your razor pic (Old) is exceptional. Great choice of gloss white surface as well to give a subtle reflection. Really nicely handled.

Captive is also a cracking shot - top drawer for a "grab shot", if that's all it was. Again, your choice and control of lighting is spot on.

Miniature is fun and only crit I'd add there is slightly softer shadows might work better?

Terminator picture is excellent work in post.

All in all you're off to another super start!

Cheers everyone for the nice comments. appreciate your time taken to comment
Hi Jason. What happened to the big bad wolf ... run out of puff? Like that you included a scale contrast. It would make a good poster for a nursery.
Hi Jason ...that's an interesting background, I can't quite work out what it is, really like the added tape measure brings it spot on for the theme.
The tape measure adds scale, but not sure its needed.

Nice pastel colours.

Cheers.
I like this, the shadows work for me and the tape measure adds a line up feel to it :)
Good picture for the theme I think it would be better without the tape
The three little piggies eh, nice choice for miniature but I don't like the tape measure. Nice shadows grounding the animals too.
Great idea and nicely captured (love the tones and colours) but not sure the tape needs to be there :)
Hey Jason :)

Captive - Really like this mate, good pose, good highlights from the light source, very original idea (y)

Miniature - A good infinity background, nice light and shadows and a good idea with the measure, I wasn't sure if it was needed, but on reflection feel the shot would be lacking without it :)
I'm liking your captive image, the lighting really suits the image. Miniature is a nice image. Adding the ruler into the picture helps give a sense of scale. Good work :)
Miniature - a good fun capture of 3 little pigs (y).
Hi Jason

Some great images there. For me, the lighting in your razor pic (Old) is exceptional. Great choice of gloss white surface as well to give a subtle reflection. Really nicely handled.

Captive is also a cracking shot - top drawer for a "grab shot", if that's all it was. Again, your choice and control of lighting is spot on.

Miniature is fun and only crit I'd add there is slightly softer shadows might work better?

Terminator picture is excellent work in post.

All in all you're off to another super start!

Cheers all for the nice comments. Really appreciate your time taken. Jason (y)(y)

Cracking portrait Jason (y)

Happy... Lovely B/W your mum has a beautiful smile I know Dads don’t like having their pictures taken I’m the same, overall great picture and may they have another 42years together .(y)

Back