weekly Jason's 52 in 2016 - TOPICAL

Hi certainly a dangerous man especially if you married him, not sure the word "trinity" needs to be there, table leg is interesting must look that up, no shoehorn for me, people just need to think a little more

Not keen on the addition of Trinity and I thought the WB was off but suspect it's the colour of the stone, but on theme and having been dangerous he did get his comeuppance by dying a horrile death.

Gonna look at the significance of the table leg :)

Cheers.

Abandoned - nice collection and I like the background effect
Camouflage - great idea done well
Dangerous - good take on theme

Hi Jason

I'm going to echo Andy's comment about the Trinity wording detracting from the image, for me. Now, even though you shot that at Trinity college, if you'd added in the word "marriage" or something instead of Trinity, it would have added further context to the image (being one of the things that was particularly dangerous in relation to him!)

However, it's a well shot image - just perhaps not up to your usual standard for me... sorry! oops - just noticed that Allan made exactly the same point about marriage!

Love the tale behind Danger and you've managed to bet a lot of detail from a difficult angle.

Valentine's weeken eh, aaah I remember them............

Hi Jason. Definitely a Dangerous man our old 'enry. Knew he had problems with his legs but not the wooden chair variety. You got me mystified so looked up the story of Mr. Binge the window cleaner wot dun the deed ha ha. I like the history and mystery wrapped in your rendition of Dangerous. Brilliant - very educational ... even though most of us TP52's are probably beyond salvation I suspect. :exit:

Cheers Carl. Glad you took the time to look him up. Cambridge is a great day out if you never been

Danger(ous) - a good and historical take on the theme, don't know much about him. But I do like the detail in the stonework, glad you had a nice valentines weekend.

Cheers Mandy.....a good man can never do enough to keep the romantic flame burning

Danger(ous) - nice image, sharp and plenty of detail, might look good in a B&W conversion

Cheers - agree about mono, must give it a try

Hi certainly a dangerous man especially if you married him, not sure the word "trinity" needs to be there, table leg is interesting must look that up, no shoehorn for me, people just need to think a little more

I agree Alan.....Im all for keeping an open mind

Not keen on the addition of Trinity and I thought the WB was off but suspect it's the colour of the stone, but on theme and having been dangerous he did get his comeuppance by dying a horrile death.

Gonna look at the significance of the table leg :) Cheers.

Cheers for the feeback Andy....The colour is all down sepia(ish) toning. I know what you saying about Trinity Text......just could help myself :)(y)

Abandoned - nice collection and I like the background effect
Camouflage - great idea done well
Dangerous - good take on theme

Cheers

Hi Jason

I'm going to echo Andy's comment about the Trinity wording detracting from the image, for me. Now, even though you shot that at Trinity college, if you'd added in the word "marriage" or something instead of Trinity, it would have added further context to the image (being one of the things that was particularly dangerous in relation to him!) However, it's a well shot image - just perhaps not up to your usual standard for me... sorry! oops - just noticed that Allan made exactly the same point about marriage!

No need to apologise....honest feedback is best all the way

Love the tale behind Danger and you've managed to bet a lot of detail from a difficult angle. Valentine's weeken eh, aaah I remember them............

Ha...ha....Got to love a cheecky valentines weekend......even with three kids and 10 years marriage (I know its not a lot in the grand scheme) we try hard to keep things interesting. Lifes to short to grow complacent and lethargic ;)

Week 8 - Topical

Composite contains extracts of most popular UK news storys this week (w.c 22/02/2016). I thought this was topical on 2 fronts - one, that its a record of the hot topics in the news this week and two, the fact it contains no photography which is always debateable ;)

In the news this week by Jason Glyn, on Flickr

Last edited:
I actually really like that, I like how you've aged the image and the colour works really well, as does the blending in of the news stories. Does it fit the brief? Well the content is clearly topical, it is the news stories of this week, but no photo on a photography 52 seems to defeat the purpose imo.

Last edited:
:agree: nice olde worlde feel to it with that grunge texture .... in fact I thought it was old newsprint until I read some of the headlines ha ha.

Hi Jason

Nicely done for topical - it's a beast of a theme and your image works really well. Well done on coming clean re: 100% processing, but for me it's about the image at the end of it and having the odd one or two of these doesn't - for me - defeat the purpose. But I can see how others take a different view... I think you've done well and it's neat and effective. Looking forward to more of your photoshop trickery in coming weeks!

I love your taken on dangrous, im glad he wasnt my husband :D

Topical - that makes a really interesting image almost looks like something old Henry might have written!

Topical - looks like very old paper interesting composition well put together

Topical. I like this very much. Took a few minutes to isolate the headlines. Very nice PP.

I actually really like that, I like how you've aged the image and the colour works really well, as does the blending in of the news stories. Does it fit the brief? Well the content is clearly topical, it is the news stories of this week, but no photo on a photography 52 seems to defeat the purpose imo.

Point taken, and it is a valid one opinion. Thanks for the comments (y)
:agree: nice olde worlde feel to it with that grunge texture .... in fact I thought it was old newsprint until I read some of the headlines ha ha.

Lol....yeah I very much a fan of dark and grungy. THanks for the visit, much appreciated

Hi Jason ....well it couldn't be more Topical so it fits the theme for me, and I love the aged processing, I'm just wondering how you put it all together ....have you selected bits of text and made a composite, or did you type it out ....it's excellent anyway.

Hi Susie. I copied and pasted text and extracts from the internet into a word document and edited text in there. I then pasted the whole lot (as one paragraph) into photoshop text

Looks good, and you could have printed it and then photographed the print...

Cheers...now why didnt I think of that ;)

Jason, clever idea for the Topical theme, perfect

Cheers mate....thanks for the comments as always

Hi Jason

Nicely done for topical - it's a beast of a theme and your image works really well. Well done on coming clean re: 100% processing, but for me it's about the image at the end of it and having the odd one or two of these doesn't - for me - defeat the purpose. But I can see how others take a different view... I think you've done well and it's neat and effective. Looking forward to more of your photoshop trickery in coming weeks!

Cheers Paul.....Thanks for the indepth comments as always. Much appreciate your time and hope to get round your thread soon (y)

I love your taken on dangrous, im glad he wasnt my husband :D

Topical - that makes a really interesting image almost looks like something old Henry might have written!

Good point :) . Cheers

Nice artwork Jason. Interesting read too. o_O

Cheers David

Camo - wonderfully creative and works really well - nice image - well done

Dangerous - Im siding with him being dangerous ;) Sharp well taken shot

Topical - echoes my Camo comments perfectly !

Cheers, and thanks for the catchup.....always appreciate everyones considered comments and time (y)

Now that is an interesting composite Jason, really like your processing on here, sure looks like an ancient manuscript/document, a typical unusual entry from you... like it (y)

Cheers DK. Glad you like it :)(y)

Topical - looks like very old paper interesting composition well put together

Cheers. Worked out ok - PS not really designed for text work (design) so happy enough with it

Topical. I like this very much. Took a few minutes to isolate the headlines. Very nice PP.

Cheers, and thanks for the visit (y)

Week 09 - Living World

The duty to keep the world alive and living is in our hands - Thats my interpretation for this weeks theme anyways.

I know this is a cliched picture, but its all I could come with for now. I shot the picture of the hands myself and the globe is ripped from the internet. The proceccing is a mix of knoll light factory (for lights effects), alien skin (drop shadows) and topaz labs to finish

Living World by Jason Glyn, on Flickr

Jason the only thing I'm not sure about here is the softness around the hands.
Other than that I adore it.

I'm gonna buck the trend here, and say I quite like the "soft hands" holding the world.

Nicely put together Jason (y)

I think as an image/concept it works. I find some of the processing choices jar a bit personally for me, though - the softness of the hands blending into the crisp grass, the lighting of the globe, hands and lack of shadow (given light source top left) etc. I think it's interesting but the pieces feel too assembled for me without that coherent lighting across the image. Sorry for being a bit negative!

Can only agree with some of the above comments some of the PP let's it down a little, a lot of work must have gone into it and its a nice idea, its way better than anything I could achieve, I am only critical because I know you can do better

I've studied this quite a bit, like the concept and I congratulate you on getting it together, but

it's not just the soft hands and the floaty globe but also

the globe seems not big enough or not forward enough to sit in the palms nicely.

:thinking:

Very clever idea for the Living World, I can hardly begin to imagine the effort it took to make that image, It takes me all my time to crop, ha-ha .

Jason the only thing I'm not sure about here is the softness around the hands.
Other than that I adore it.

Thank you

I love your living planet, nicely done.

Cheers

Good effort with the processing of the planet. I'm going to have to agree with Ruth, the softness of the hands detracts from the overall effect.

Thanks you.....I can see your guys point (y)

I'm gonna buck the trend here, and say I quite like the "soft hands" holding the world.

Nicely put together Jason (y)

Cheers Cobra

Another fabulous idea Jason ...I like the fact that it looks delicate and quite fragile .... which is of course very true of life.

That very true Susie....Life is fragile and delicately sustainable

Nice concept for the theme Jason - like it. :clap:

Cheers

Well put together Jason, the planet looks a tad floaty and the hands not quite in focus enough for me in correlation to the planet, but still, liking the lighting and the overall idea is very good :)

Cheers DK.....all valid points there mate

I think as an image/concept it works. I find some of the processing choices jar a bit personally for me, though - the softness of the hands blending into the crisp grass, the lighting of the globe, hands and lack of shadow (given light source top left) etc. I think it's interesting but the pieces feel too assembled for me without that coherent lighting across the image. Sorry for being a bit negative!

Not negative at all...Super crit and food for thought. appreicate your time

Can only agree with some of the above comments some of the PP let's it down a little, a lot of work must have gone into it and its a nice idea, its way better than anything I could achieve, I am only critical because I know you can do better

Cheers Alan (y)

Living world - Great Idea for the theme very clever

Thank you :)

I've studied this quite a bit, like the concept and I congratulate you on getting it together, but

it's not just the soft hands and the floaty globe but also

the globe seems not big enough or not forward enough to sit in the palms nicely.

:thinking:

Cheers David. some good crit.....I must pay more attention next time....:);)

Very creative and skillfully executed - very nice :)

Cheers

I really love the idea behind this - the optimist in my hopes we are handing the world over to safer hands in our children's generation. I think the position of the earth and the sharp grass do niggle a bit - but the creativity is wonderful.

Cheers and I very much share you optimism and hope for a safer world

Very clever idea for the Living World, I can hardly begin to imagine the effort it took to make that image, It takes me all my time to crop, ha-ha .

ha...ha....thanks for the comments

Back