Kell's TP 52 2020 - Weeks 51 and 52.

Nicely done glider shot - great use of lens flare - and your artificial cycling chosen for the main thread, works well with the motion blur to hide the hairy legs.

Nice set of shots and good idea for the theme. Do you keep the cake in the cool box :D

Week 39 - Autumn.

Was lost for inspiration this week as I 've not left the house. Luckily (unluckily, really) all the neighbours' trees drop their leaves into our garden.

After processing one and desaturating the background, I thought it might be nice to create a suite. Ironically, the one that kicked off this train of thought was my favourite at the start (the last one) is now my least favourite as the leaf is too wet and the highlights are too much.

Pleased with the others though.

TP52: WK 39 - Autumn 01 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

TP52: WK 39 - Autumn 02 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

TP52: WK 39 - Autumn 03 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

TP52: WK 39 - Autumn 04 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
I really like these and with the variation in colour I can imagine them making a nice display framed individually but displayed together. Hard to choose a favourite, but the colour and jagged edge of the last one is very nice.

Hi Kell

Some colourful images for Autumn, all are Striking in there simplicity.

I prefer the one you selected.

Pete

A lovely set of simple autumn leaves :)

Nice set Kell, each and every one works (y)

I like your chosen shot too.. nice angle and fits the theme well.

Autumn
They're all pretty good, but I do like the first one. The deeper shadow of the spine of the leaf, running up the center of the shadow, really makes it for me (The simple things in life).

Wet
It's the first one for me, I like the transition between the wet and dry sand. Also the light reflection.

A good selection for 'wet'. My favourite is the leaf as I love the way the water has magnified the markings on the leaves. I particularly like the angle you've shot your statue at with the rope leading you through the frame.

You have got some good wet shots there.. I love the statue (timely modern day addition of mask) but the one of the plane window is also spot on.

Nice series of shots - the first wet sand panorama is my favourite.

Love your final wet shot, think you have the POV spot on.

Hi Kell,

Autumn - I think I agree, #1 just pips it. It's funny how it's often the first shot that you end up using.
Wet - #2 for me, i think due to the diagonal cloud structure. I do quite like the sailor (I think) shout though.

Nice set for wet I like the reflections in the wet sand. The one you chose is good, nice to see he has a mask

I seem to have this uncanny knack of posting an image that I could have used for the next theme.

The Mask would have been ideal for 'TOPICAL'

Week 41 - Topical

Had to completely rethink this, as I had the same idea as @-Oy- - though I don't think mine would have been as good.

Tried this a couple of ways. They mustn't have been quite aligned - was hard to take off the mask between shots.

Mask blend (3) by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_2433-2-Edit by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Love it! Well thought out and executed!

Both work but I prefer the second one colour wise, nice idea well executed.

Awesome job, the masks are not easy to remove.. I think I prefer #2 a wee bit of misalignment, especially on the top of your head but certainly on topic and a very different take on the subject.

Great idea, well executed, 2nd one works better, but 1st looks like it would also cover the technique.

Pete

Topical
That's I superb idea, I think both work just as well as each other.

Thanks for the positive comments all.

#2 for me too, I prefer the natural colours to the Trump tan ;)
It's weird - the colours are pretty much SOOC. I 'lit' it with a desk lamp. And because I have Adobe Creative Cloud with work I thought I'd download the newer version of Lightroom, but I was really confused with it trying to process these. So I didn't do any colour correcting.

I've gone back to the classic version for the time being.

I preferred #1 originally, because of the stark difference between B&W and Colour, but in the end I preferred the overall look and feel of the second one.

Awesome job, the masks are not easy to remove.. I think I prefer #2 a wee bit of misalignment, especially on the top of your head but certainly on topic and a very different take on the subject.

If I get the time, I might take the resulting JPEG back into Photoshop and try and clean up the joins a bit - it's the top of my head and the zip on my top that bugged me. But I ran out of time to do it.

Last edited:
Topical - prefer number 2, although I think even with both having the same tones it's strange how it gives a different effect just changing the open side from left to right!

Your longer exposure of your artificial ride works for me. I'd imagine it's a bit like sitting on the treadmill - gets the job done, but not as much fun as the real thing!

For your autumnal shot - your slightly nibbled version is my favourite. It's a nice combination of the imperfect leaf with a very clean studio presentation.

The drops on your blade of grass is my favourite for your wet topic - very classic, but very nicely taken.

And that is a very clever idea for topical, and very nicely processed.

Your longer exposure of your artificial ride works for me. I'd imagine it's a bit like sitting on the treadmill - gets the job done, but not as much fun as the real thing!

It's weird - now I've got a smart trainer, it's quite enjoyable. You pair it with Zwift and ride (real) virtual courses. When the road goes up in the game, it gets harder to pedal. They do also do a versions for treadmills.

Week 42 - FOOD

Took my camera when we went for a walk today. I knew what I wanted to shoot (which is the last one) but these also took my eye on the way around.

Wonder why this cow was being shunned...

TP 42 - Food-9327 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Food?

TP 42 - Food-9336 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

No food

TP 42 - Food-9345 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

TP 42 - Food-9348 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Pick your own food:

TP 42 - Food-9357 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Keep an eye on your food:

TP 42 - Food-9362 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Food
They're all pretty good and in theme.
I reckon you've picked the right one for the main photo thread.

Back