weekly Leebert's 2015 52 - Week 52 - Christmas.

OMG I have just looked through your post Lee and I haven't visited you for ages Sorry Mate:(

Time to make amends!

Scenic... Wow I love this would really like to get into night photography really like this. Great Shot! It's scenic to me... Love the faint v shaped tail(y)

Companions ... Absolutely! Uuummmm fresh bread, roll of proper butter, and toast what's not to like don't let it get cold. Nice clean shot, even exposure maybe a touch brighter, well thought out and presented!

Elegant... Very nice again I like the lighting (always struggle with flash, probably cos rarely use one). Like the way the lighting accentuates the curves like the shadow and contrast, gives a nice smooth feeling(y)

Watery... Never really tried this! (God how blinkered are Landscape Togs:eek:) must get around to trying this sort of thing guess that was my reasoning for doing TP 52 in the first place:rolleyes: Great shot love that reflection it's bang on, even though you say you didn't quite get the DOF doesn't really detract from the shot IMHO love that rainbow... Great shot well done!

Bold.... Another interesting shot, my you have the patience of a saint! Was that water you used or glycerine? Great idea, lovely colours but tend to agree about the BG needs to be a little more OOF, so your second edit was much better(y)

Relax.... Looks good to me. I was thinking you cold have blended two shots here one for the target and one for the person. But if you do that you have to be very careful as sometimes it looks a bit surreal! If the person looks dead sharp and the target looks dead sharp it would look a little weird and un natural ( like my household picture on 52:rolleyes:) but it may have given you the latitude to just make the target slightly more focused a bit OOF but more recognisable. But it's good as it stands we all know what it is and I think that's a great leading line with the arm and pistol.

Vertical... Weird optical illusion with converging lines! Thought it was a road or something till I read the txt. Nice shot, trying to work out if that white panels between the steel posts or sky;) Sky I think. Works for me!

Mouth... Looks threatening! I understand that most UK spiders have the ability to puncher the skin if they so wish. We have a Banana warehouse not too far away so I'm always careful when I see an uncommon spider:eek: Nice shot, love all the fine detail in its hairs, nice and sharp and nice reflection. Bet it was getting wheel spin on that surface!

Crowd.... Know the feeling! Unfortunately the days I don't have to get up for work my body clock says I do!:( I see you have 3 bosses there too:rolleyes:. Fits the theme !

Close up... Bloody hell you definitely have the patience of a saint! I really think that I would have enough patience for that ;)
Nice work and really needed that explanatory shot to spill the beans .... I mean sugar:) very clever and bang on theme.

Machine..... Very nice piece of machinery from the days when we made things! Beautiful craftsmanship you have to admire their skill. Spotted the chain bottom left fascinating, never seen that before! Nice even exposure, well lit, nice and sharp. Lots of detail and interest, Good stuff.

Phew! Didn't realise I was this far behind you've probably gone down the pub or jumped off the roof by now!!

Alphabet... Yes probably would have gone for a squarer crop here, but like the effect and the PP gives it a nice old fashioned feel(y)

Sound ..... Brilliant idea, Non-Newtonian fluids that takes me back:) Viscous clutches and brakes! Great picture and love the video(y) You should have kept that one for experiment too:) Nice work like the crop nice thinking well executed.

Experiment..... Another clever shot. It's fun playing with layers but addictive and very time consuming! Like No1 well put together. Think it could just do with a little lift on the exposure side but other that that great. No2 nice experiment but a bit un natural for me, but then you were trying to achieve an effect and that's what you did it was after all an experiment. I prefer No1 both work for the theme!

Heat... Wow that's a cracker. Amazing looking at something like this. You can't get hotter than that, nice job(y) A lot of work but well worth it!

Figures.... Uuummmm I was stuck on figures too! Nice clear clean shot. Fits the bill, it's the first thing you don't want to see at 5am!

Household ... Nice knives folded steel aka samurai swords. All the best steel is folded.... Like a good sword! Fits the theme and nicely exposed with good detail(y)

Has he shut up yet I hear you ask! ..... Nearly....:clap:

Limit...
Nice shot, been testing out PSE!:) Was that a case of look no hands! Nice light trails, and like the subdued cockpit lighting

Right will leave you in peace now, that unless you have had yourself sectioned before you got to the end:eek:. Right I promise I'll keep up in future off to photograph something broken now.... Plenty in the workshop:ROFLMAO:

Hi great car shot no idea how thats don with the sharp interior and the movement on the outside :clap:

Like it (although I seriously doubt that speed unless it's in kilometres per hour :) )
Thank you. It's a roughly re-touched photo - I moved the speedo and tacho needles. I was only doing about 20mph at the time!

figures - nice simple clean lines, meets the theme, well done :clap:
household, hmm, I'm not sure about this one sorry, I think I'd like to see the handle too, and the processing doesn't fit the subject really, not without more in the shot to tell a story
limit - love it! I suppose you need more emphasis on the speedo to meet the theme, but otherwise tis a great shot :) I love the feeling that you're in a tunnel due to the lights speeding past :clap:
Thank you for your comments. I have to admit, I struggled with trying to do something different for Household.

Nice clear shot for Figures Lee, I might have been tempted to crop a little more but great focus on the numbers. I like the number choice and also the bright red colour.

Like summer I'm not too sure on Household ....they just lack that certain ooomph needed to make them eye catching.

Super choice for Limit, there's a real feeling of speed from the lights as they disappear into the distance.
Thank you for your comments - much appreciated.

Household: When I first glanced at the shot I thought it was one of those rocks that you can get. Then i looked properly my oh my there is some detail in the blade and the B&W suits the image well

Limit: As Summer says would be better if speedo was emphasised more. Still a good shot.
Thanks - I will have a play with the limit shot to see if I can brighten the inside up a bit. I wanted it to be a bit subdued so that attention was on the blurred lights outside the car but I may have gone a bit far maybe.

Household; you've captured the knife's texture nicely. The knife looks very sharp and expensive too.

Limit; I took a look of your shot in Flickr, although its 140mph in the speedo however to me the light trails aren't smooth and blur enough to indicate that the car was travelling at that speed plus a closer look at the speedo needle it's a bit wonky and looks like its been photoshopped. All that said, nice shot and spot on theme.
Thank you. Well spotted (y) I was doing around 20mph. I'm not sure if the car can get into 3 figures!

Househould, I agree, nice woody texture there. Not overly keen on the close crop, though.

Limit, quick off the mark here. Works well, maybe a little more light inside the car on the dashboard, but nice colours outside.

Cheers.
Thanks for your comments. The handles are surprisingly plain in comparison so I stuck with the blades.

Household ... another one who's not sure.

Limit ... love it. Great shot for the theme. Long exposing on the outside lights: beautifully done. And inside: all pretty sharp inc. the speedo.
Thank you. Limit is a single shot. The camera was on a tripod in-between the seats and secured tightly with the remote by the handbrake. It took a while to find a smooth piece of road with enough outside lighting interest.

OMG I have just looked through your post Lee and I haven't visited you for ages Sorry Mate:(

Time to make amends!

Scenic... Wow I love this would really like to get into night photography really like this. Great Shot! It's scenic to me... Love the faint v shaped tail(y)

Companions ... Absolutely! Uuummmm fresh bread, roll of proper butter, and toast what's not to like don't let it get cold. Nice clean shot, even exposure maybe a touch brighter, well thought out and presented!

Elegant... Very nice again I like the lighting (always struggle with flash, probably cos rarely use one). Like the way the lighting accentuates the curves like the shadow and contrast, gives a nice smooth feeling(y)

Watery... Never really tried this! (God how blinkered are Landscape Togs:eek:) must get around to trying this sort of thing guess that was my reasoning for doing TP 52 in the first place:rolleyes: Great shot love that reflection it's bang on, even though you say you didn't quite get the DOF doesn't really detract from the shot IMHO love that rainbow... Great shot well done!

Bold.... Another interesting shot, my you have the patience of a saint! Was that water you used or glycerine? Great idea, lovely colours but tend to agree about the BG needs to be a little more OOF, so your second edit was much better(y)

Relax.... Looks good to me. I was thinking you cold have blended two shots here one for the target and one for the person. But if you do that you have to be very careful as sometimes it looks a bit surreal! If the person looks dead sharp and the target looks dead sharp it would look a little weird and un natural ( like my household picture on 52:rolleyes:) but it may have given you the latitude to just make the target slightly more focused a bit OOF but more recognisable. But it's good as it stands we all know what it is and I think that's a great leading line with the arm and pistol.

Vertical... Weird optical illusion with converging lines! Thought it was a road or something till I read the txt. Nice shot, trying to work out if that white panels between the steel posts or sky;) Sky I think. Works for me!

Mouth... Looks threatening! I understand that most UK spiders have the ability to puncher the skin if they so wish. We have a Banana warehouse not too far away so I'm always careful when I see an uncommon spider:eek: Nice shot, love all the fine detail in its hairs, nice and sharp and nice reflection. Bet it was getting wheel spin on that surface!

Crowd.... Know the feeling! Unfortunately the days I don't have to get up for work my body clock says I do!:( I see you have 3 bosses there too:rolleyes:. Fits the theme !

Close up... Bloody hell you definitely have the patience of a saint! I really think that I would have enough patience for that ;)
Nice work and really needed that explanatory shot to spill the beans .... I mean sugar:) very clever and bang on theme.

Machine..... Very nice piece of machinery from the days when we made things! Beautiful craftsmanship you have to admire their skill. Spotted the chain bottom left fascinating, never seen that before! Nice even exposure, well lit, nice and sharp. Lots of detail and interest, Good stuff.

Phew! Didn't realise I was this far behind you've probably gone down the pub or jumped off the roof by now!!

Alphabet... Yes probably would have gone for a squarer crop here, but like the effect and the PP gives it a nice old fashioned feel(y)

Sound ..... Brilliant idea, Non-Newtonian fluids that takes me back:) Viscous clutches and brakes! Great picture and love the video(y) You should have kept that one for experiment too:) Nice work like the crop nice thinking well executed.

Experiment..... Another clever shot. It's fun playing with layers but addictive and very time consuming! Like No1 well put together. Think it could just do with a little lift on the exposure side but other that that great. No2 nice experiment but a bit un natural for me, but then you were trying to achieve an effect and that's what you did it was after all an experiment. I prefer No1 both work for the theme!

Heat... Wow that's a cracker. Amazing looking at something like this. You can't get hotter than that, nice job(y) A lot of work but well worth it!

Figures.... Uuummmm I was stuck on figures too! Nice clear clean shot. Fits the bill, it's the first thing you don't want to see at 5am!

Household ... Nice knives folded steel aka samurai swords. All the best steel is folded.... Like a good sword! Fits the theme and nicely exposed with good detail(y)

Has he shut up yet I hear you ask! ..... Nearly....:clap:

Limit...
Nice shot, been testing out PSE!:) Was that a case of look no hands! Nice light trails, and like the subdued cockpit lighting

Right will leave you in peace now, that unless you have had yourself sectioned before you got to the end:eek:. Right I promise I'll keep up in future off to photograph something broken now.... Plenty in the workshop:ROFLMAO:

Wow! Thank you for the massive catch up!! (y) and for making me laugh :D

Hi great car shot no idea how thats don with the sharp interior and the movement on the outside :clap:
Thank you for stopping by and commenting. It's a single shot with the camera between the seats on a tripod. The hardest part was finding a smooth bit of road!

I had a bit of a break but I see the themes haven't got any easier :eek: No new photos from me for these two but a first for me for Broken - a Triptych.

Week 21 - Bizarre and Week 22 - Broken:

TP 2015 52. Week 21 - Bizarre. by Lee Francis, on Flickr

Bonus points if you know what it is exactly ;)

TP 2015 52. Week 22 - Broken. by Lee Francis, on Flickr
The black car was a bit shorter after this incident. Both got out and walked away.

I like your broken, cool set :)

hmm bizarre - is it a snail's mouth? or some kind of lamprey? I'm thinking snail as I can see its feelers :p

Wow! Taken a tour - brilliant ideas. Love the "Bold" image best. I've been tinkering with and totally absorbed by glass and refraction. Great that you share the concept and set-up. Some really amazing ideas and interpretations.

Corydoras!! No perhaps a Plecostamust at a guess, nice shot big mouth .... The fish that is not you:D

Is that the short Black 7 then:ROFLMAO:

Bizarre.....Like the Catfish shot, have I spoilt your fun and do I get the extra brownie point? Nice and clear sharp shot good work(y)

Broke.... Oh dear he didn't want to do that! Nice triptych tells a story. Certainly fits the theme.

Nice pair of shots, well done Lee

Last edited:
bizarre - really good shot! Nice and sharp - what is it?
Broken - love the shots on this one :)

Hi Lee,

oooh, nice shot for bizarre, very sharp and a great fit for the theme - I'd guess at a slug
Broken - another good fit for the theme, and as Steve ssays, the triptych really tells the story :clap:

Catfish? Slug? Snail? Hmmm ... certainly interesting.

Love the triptych, three sharp images, action packed.

I like your broken, cool set :)

hmm bizarre - is it a snail's mouth? or some kind of lamprey? I'm thinking snail as I can see its feelers :p
Thank you for your comments - see a bit below for the answer :)

Wow! Taken a tour - brilliant ideas. Love the "Bold" image best. I've been tinkering with and totally absorbed by glass and refraction. Great that you share the concept and set-up. Some really amazing ideas and interpretations.
Thank you - I believe that sharing the setup is part of a project like this. It's great to try something new (y)

Corydoras!! No perhaps a Plecostamust at a guess, nice shot big mouth .... The fish that is not you:D

Is that the short Black 7 then:ROFLMAO:

Bizarre.....Like the Catfish shot, have I spoilt your fun and do I get the extra brownie point? Nice and clear sharp shot good work(y)

Broke.... Oh dear he didn't want to do that! Nice triptych tells a story. Certainly fits the theme.

Nice pair of shots, well done Lee
Annnnnnd we have a winner :D It is a Bristlenose Pleco (female I believe). Thanks for your comments (y)

bizarre - really good shot! Nice and sharp - what is it?
Broken - love the shots on this one :)
Thanks for stopping by and commenting. See above re Bizarre.

Hi Lee,

oooh, nice shot for bizarre, very sharp and a great fit for the theme - I'd guess at a slug
Broken - another good fit for the theme, and as Steve ssays, the triptych really tells the story :clap:
Thank you :)

Catfish? Slug? Snail? Hmmm ... certainly interesting.

Love the triptych, three sharp images, action packed.
Thanks - I hope to try more triptychs. It was a new one for me and I quite liked how it turned out :)

Used to keep Catfish, Lee so had a bit of a head start:)

Bizarre...I have to admit I thought it was some sort of slug!! Steve's such a show off.

Broken...Nice little sequence of shots, and no...I don't believe that what he'd planned for :LOL:

Limit - Nicely done for a quick & dirty edit. Well played doing the rev counter as well as the speedo, making it seem more believable.
As others have said, a nice combination of sharp inside the car and motion blur outside.

Broken - Good idea there, tells a story which is what the best pictures do.

Bizarre, scary and reminds me of Alien. I might have been tempted to get a little closer for a more abstract feel.

Broken, a nice serious of photographs there, looks better via Fickr. Nice detail and I rather like the border.

Cheers.

Really like the fishy one Lee, very bizarre-looking. I presume it was anchored onto the wall of the tank to get that angle on it?
Nice action shots, well captured for broken :clap:

Bizarre...I have to admit I thought it was some sort of slug!! Steve's such a show off.

Broken...Nice little sequence of shots, and no...I don't believe that what he'd planned for :LOL:
:) Thank you for your comments.

Limit - Nicely done for a quick & dirty edit. Well played doing the rev counter as well as the speedo, making it seem more believable.
As others have said, a nice combination of sharp inside the car and motion blur outside.

Broken - Good idea there, tells a story which is what the best pictures do.
Thank you. I'm slowly getting my head around Elements although I'm sure there are easier ways to modify a speedo needle :)

Bizarre, scary and reminds me of Alien. I might have been tempted to get a little closer for a more abstract feel.

Broken, a nice serious of photographs there, looks better via Fickr. Nice detail and I rather like the border.

Cheers.
I spent a fair few goes rotating the fish mouth before I ended up with the one above. I didn't think of cropping it closer though - thanks (y)

Really like the fishy one Lee, very bizarre-looking. I presume it was anchored onto the wall of the tank to get that angle on it?
Nice action shots, well captured for broken :clap:
Thanks. Yes - she was on the glass front of the tank cleaning off all the green stuff :)

More catching up to do!! I have absolutely no idea how a person can do a 365 project! :eek:

Week 23 - Entertain...
Keeps them entertained - until the bubble fluid runs out!
TP 2015 52. Week 23 - Entertain. by Lee Francis, on Flickr

Week 24 - Spiral...
Not what I had hoped to submit but my original idea didn't pan out for me. Ironically, Mrs Leebert got a shot of what I was hoping to get - see link below.
TP 2015 52. Week 24 - Spiral. by Lee Francis, on Flickr

And finally, Week 25 - Silhouette...
Tree line in the early morning Sun.
TP 2015 52. Week 25 - Silhouette. by Lee Francis, on Flickr

Mrs Leebert's photo of a spiral that I was hoping to get - delicate cloud vortices from the planes propellers.

Thanks for looking (y)

Last edited:
Hi Lee,

Entertain: Nice action and colour - Southbank I presume?
Spiral: Well done Mrs Leebert - love the light glinting off the top of the sculpture
Silhouette: Tree line is so nicely backlit by the mist.

Hi Lee,

Entertain: Nice action and colour - Southbank I presume?
Spiral: Well done Mrs Leebert - love the light glinting off the top of the sculpture
Silhouette: Tree line is so nicely backlit by the mist.
Thanks Carl. I very much appreciate your comments.
Yes - entertain was Southbank.
I've just re-read my post and I thought I'd clarify that the spiral sculpture photo is by me. The shot I was trying to get but didn't was, ironically, captured by my wife which is the link at the bottom of the post.

Hi Lee

I really like your silhouetted trees. The version posted here is a bit small: only half fills my pc screen. Zooming in on Flickr shows beautiful detail ... I think the LH +/- 30% minus any non black FG would make a nice image. If that makes sense.

Hi Lee

I really like your silhouetted trees. The version posted here is a bit small: only half fills my pc screen. Zooming in on Flickr shows beautiful detail ... I think the LH +/- 30% minus any non black FG would make a nice image. If that makes sense.
Thank you for your comment. I'll have a look at different crops and post here if I get a good one.

Silhouette, is on theme, but I'd like more of the trees in silhouette.

Belting plane photograph, though.

Cheers.
Thank you. Mrs Leebert says thank you too (y)

Entertain; a group of happy kids and they look well entertained by simple things like bubbles.

Spiral; spot on theme, where is that?

Silhouette; agree with Andy would like to see more of the trees in silhouette.
Thanks. The spiral is at North Greenwich. Near the O2 dome. Seems to be a theme on the silhouette. I'll have another look at that I think.

Week 26 - Animal.

I can't believe we're halfway through already!

Whilst relaxing in the garden yesterday, I noticed a lot of bees interested in this plant so out came the macro lens this morning for a bit of close up animal action. Pity the light isn't as good today but I am happy with how it came out.

TP 2015 52. Week 26 - Animal. by Lee Francis, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'd be happy with that too. Love the profile against the OOF BG.

Hi Lee. This is a lovely image - a great job. Love the colour, lighting:clap: and soft details of the bee.

Hi Lee - just catching up with your catch up :)

Entertain - great choice for the theme - they're really enjoying themselves, aren't they?

Spiral - well done Mrs Leebert! and your own shot works well too :D

Silhouette - that's a lovely atmospheric shot, I really like it (I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to do this one :eek:)

Animal - beautifully done, I love the dof (y)

Just been going through all your images and tbh, can't pick anything with any of them, bizarre is most definitely that. If I'm honest I'm not sure about the triptych of broken as the white areas seem too dominant. Totally on theme though. Excellent use of lighting and DOF on "Animal " (y)

Lovely shot of the bee, great DoF, I think the lights fine if its too bright its amazing how refletive insects are

love your animal shot, really good capture :clap:

I'd be happy with that too. Love the profile against the OOF BG.
Thank you for your comments.

Hi Lee. This is a lovely image - a great job. Love the colour, lighting:clap: and soft details of the bee.
Thank you Carl.

Hi Lee - just catching up with your catch up :)

Entertain - great choice for the theme - they're really enjoying themselves, aren't they?

Spiral - well done Mrs Leebert! and your own shot works well too :D

Silhouette - that's a lovely atmospheric shot, I really like it (I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to do this one :eek:)

Animal - beautifully done, I love the dof (y)
Thank you very much. You can't imagine the look on my face when Mrs Leebert showed me her shot of what I was aiming for. Slightly frustrated yet very impressed (y)

:clap: What a cracker of a shot. Spot on focus and good use of dof. The slightly back lit works well too.
Thank you :)

Just been going through all your images and tbh, can't pick anything with any of them, bizarre is most definitely that. If I'm honest I'm not sure about the triptych of broken as the white areas seem too dominant. Totally on theme though. Excellent use of lighting and DOF on "Animal " (y)
Thank you for taking the time to look through them.

Lovely shot of the bee, great DoF, I think the lights fine if its too bright its amazing how refletive insects are
Thank you.

love your animal shot, really good capture :clap:

Hi Lee, I think you're the first to you alcohol in the Medicine theme, surprisingly.

The backlit whisky bottle looks nice but it seems to me the box needs light on the front. Stella's good ... nice summer garden OOF BG, beer well positioned in the frame too. (y)

Both have their attractions Lee, particularly #1 for me but photographically it has to be #2 for the reasons David has already mentioned. Lovely summer "medicine".

Hi Lee, I think you're the first to you alcohol in the Medicine theme, surprisingly.

The backlit whisky bottle looks nice but it seems to me the box needs light on the front. Stella's good ... nice summer garden OOF BG, beer well positioned in the frame too. (y)

Both have their attractions Lee, particularly #1 for me but photographically it has to be #2 for the reasons David has already mentioned. Lovely summer "medicine".

Thank you both. I agree with the front of the Dalwhinne box. One to reshoot maybe but that means I will have to buy another (unopened) one...

Week 28 - Proverb.

I like the obscure nature of some proverbs. This selfie depicts a Hindustani proverb "Between truth and falsehood, the distance is four fingers". The truth is seen by the eye while falsehood is heard by the ear. The distance between your eye and ear is four fingers (sometimes quoted as four inches).

TP 2015 52. Week 28 - Proverb. by Lee Francis, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

I see - love these inscrutable eastern proverbs; learnt something thank you Lee. Nice low-key b&w image.

Back