B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

A mill, taken whilst on a bike ride, on the teeny Lumix GM1 which is ideal for bike rides!

35978702564_ef708a7e1f_z.jpg

I do not really take many non family orientated images these days but I have recently converted a few to black and white and have been fairly pleased with the results.

mono underground.jpg

mono underground-2.jpg

I prefer the first one, jonathan, it has a good range of tones, lots of interest and a sense of 3D. Have you got any more?

I prefer the first one, jonathan, it has a good range of tones, lots of interest and a sense of 3D. Have you got any more?
Thanks for the comment. I am currently trying to get back into photography, other than the family snapshots, so just going through images and starting to see if I can inspire myself. So I don,t really have many images of interest to non family members.
winters coming.jpg

This has lots of potential, Paul, there are some very nice tones and it's sharp and contrasty. Might I suggest you try one or two other crops.

This has lots of potential, Paul, there are some very nice tones and it's sharp and contrasty. Might I suggest you try one or two other crops.

Go for it (y)

An interesting viewpoint - I'd have never thought of that - well seen

Thanks Andrew ... Wandering aimlessly does have its advantages sometimes ;)

Just a simple candid street style shot taken at Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco USA of a guy called Dave Earl with his Guitar & Harmonica doing a bit of street playing. This guy is really good and well worth a listen if ever you get to these parts.

Muso (3)-03098M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

There's a lot going on in this picture which I think detracts from Dave Earl and his complex equipment. Have you considered some judicious cropping?

Finsbury Park walk.
The main route to Finsbury Park station, a great sun trap.
Fuji X100

untitled-0615.jpg

There's a lot going on in this picture which I think detracts from Dave Earl and his complex equipment. Have you considered some judicious cropping?

I've already cropped the image as much as I want to, I prefer to show the area & environment the guy is performing in.

George.

I prefer the second image, the stream giving a good lead into the scene.

Just a simple candid street style snapoto taken of a guy with his Guitar doing a bit of street playing.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/100th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (9)-0391 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

What a beautiful piece of equipment! Definitely deserving of being a subject on it's own.

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

George.

Back