weekly Mandy's 2015 52 challenge Week 11 Crowd added

Nice no crit its a great pic.(y)
why do ducks always look so happy ? this is not another joke by the way.
And im now late for work as i have just spent the last 10 mins comparing that with a photo of a duck i took i was convinced it was the same duck. :thinking:

Lovely greens and detail in the plumage.
David's right....ducks look smug :)

Nice no crit its a great pic.(y)
why do ducks always look so happy ? this is not another joke by the way.
And im now late for work as i have just spent the last 10 mins comparing that with a photo of a duck i took i was convinced it was the same duck. :thinking:

Smug-looking duck.

Good shot Mandy.

Lovely greens and detail in the plumage.
David's right....ducks look smug :)

Nice and sharp where it counts :) (y)

really nice shot - sharp and you can see the different textures love it :)

Nice colours and composition there Mandy, an interesting take on the theme.

Thanks very much for the nice comments and for taking the time to look.

Hi Mandy,
Mouth - Just reflecting other comments, nicely composed and nice colours/detail :)

Hey Mandy - is that duck smiling??! Great shot, good focus and lovely colours running through it all

Hi Mandy,

Mouth - nice choice for the theme. I like the close crop and the colours really pop - well done :)

Nice colourful and sharp in all the right places Mandy.

Was that a free shot or did he send you the bill later?

sorry :coat:

Playing catch up here...

Watery: Being a fellow biker I can appreciate keeping a bike well polished and yours looks very polished by the way the water has beaded on the side panel. Sharp shot and the panel has rich colour. A good take on the theme. I would be interested to see a tighter cropped version.

Bold: I like mono and like what you have done with this shot.

Relax: Looks like the little man is very relaxed. Nice (y)

Vertical: Great simplicity and spot on theme.

Mouth: Lovely and sharp with nice bright colours. Again, right on the theme.

Just checked out your thread. I think the ELEGANT and MOUTH shots are very good, but the RELAX shot stands out IMO as your best take on a theme so far. As much as I like to see 'good photos' in strictly photographic terms (exposure, focus, lighting etc etc) I am much more interested in how people interpret the themes. So your idea of an inaminate object relaxing ticks the box for me!

HI Mandy, not dropped in for a while as it's been rather busy here. Good news on getting a new job, good luck for when you start.

Relax, Mr Woody does look a tad awkward, more a weird yoga pose than anything!
Vertical, yup, it's definitely that. Alas it upsets my OCD, it either needs to be bang on central in the shot or further over on the third.
Mouth, nice ducky, he definitely looks like he's smiling!

Just checked out your thread. I think the ELEGANT and MOUTH shots are very good, but the RELAX shot stands out IMO as your best take on a theme so far. As much as I like to see 'good photos' in strictly photographic terms (exposure, focus, lighting etc etc) I am much more interested in how people interpret the themes. So your idea of an inaminate object relaxing ticks the box for me!

HI Mandy, not dropped in for a while as it's been rather busy here. Good news on getting a new job, good luck for when you start.

Relax, Mr Woody does look a tad awkward, more a weird yoga pose than anything!
Vertical, yup, it's definitely that. Alas it upsets my OCD, it either needs to be bang on central in the shot or further over on the third.
Mouth, nice ducky, he definitely looks like he's smiling!

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

Hey Mandy :)

Quick catch up from me...

Watery - Oooo I like that, good water drops and liking the curved surface you have captured them on, a nice bright image :)

Bold - An unusual take on the theme, and a real nice image, liking the B & W conversion too :)

Relax - A nicely staged woody, good DoF and a spot on composition - Like It :)

Vertical - I like that you have chosen a pole on a slight incline, it adds a nice contrast to the vertical, again a spot on choice for the theme Mandy :)

Mouth - Lovely colours, good DoF and a real pleasing background - lovely image (y)

Hey Mandy :)

Quick catch up from me...

Watery - Oooo I like that, good water drops and liking the curved surface you have captured them on, a nice bright image :)

Bold - An unusual take on the theme, and a real nice image, liking the B & W conversion too :)

Relax - A nicely staged woody, good DoF and a spot on composition - Like It :)

Vertical - I like that you have chosen a pole on a slight incline, it adds a nice contrast to the vertical, again a spot on choice for the theme Mandy :)

Mouth - Lovely colours, good DoF and a real pleasing background - lovely image (y)

Thank you very much Dean for the quick catch up, glad you like my images :)

Hi Mandy,

I enjoyed looking through your photos

Hopefully I can offer some useful feedback even though i'm no professional.. don't take any of my comments as negatives, just offering some feedback that may help going forward, as I say, i'm not the best myself so just saying what I see :)

Pattern, it's number one for me, good idea.

Bliss - Can't say i'm overly keen on this one (but don't take that as a negative please) its well taken and an interesting way of covering the subject (which it does well) just not keen on the PP, but the 2nd edit is a lot better IMO, which kind of pulls it back :)

Fragile - Again another intesting way of covering the subject. A nice sharp photo, good background,as someone else said, I like the metallicy lid, a slight shame about the shadow, but its no biggy and is still a good photo.

Scenic - For me, number 1. For some random/mindles reason it just made me lol, as if the sheep are saying, "yeah, whatya looking at"... its a nice photo, could you get any more detail out of the sky?

Elegant - It's number 2 for me, I know it's a discussion point, but I really like selective colouring at the moment, so in my eyes this works really well and is a nice photo.

Watery - This fits the theme really well, nice one. A good sharp photo, nice beading water drops, good DOF with the background/spring or whatever it is.

Bold - Another good one, I nearly did almost exactly the same thing for my version of it, but it was a really cloudy day and I knew it wouldnt work, I like the B&W, works really well!

Relax - Good one, the colours on this work really well. I think I looked at your photo the other day to give me some inspiration (changed my mind in the end) but its quite a cool one. Really sharp on the rocks and good lighting and I think it just works well. Well composed too. I nearly said the blue reflection in the water is too much, but in all honesty without that you may not know it was water, so thumbs up from me.

Vertical - Fits the theme well, looks slightly wonky though? it could be my tired blurry eyes though so ignore that if its not, as others have said, its a simple image but portrays the subject perfectly.

Mouth - Quack, I mean, Good one, nice textures on the duck, nicely cropped and detailed photo.

Hi Mandy,

I enjoyed looking through your photos

Hopefully I can offer some useful feedback even though i'm no professional.. don't take any of my comments as negatives, just offering some feedback that may help going forward, as I say, i'm not the best myself so just saying what I see :)

Pattern, it's number one for me, good idea.

Bliss - Can't say i'm overly keen on this one (but don't take that as a negative please) its well taken and an interesting way of covering the subject (which it does well) just not keen on the PP, but the 2nd edit is a lot better IMO, which kind of pulls it back :)

Fragile - Again another intesting way of covering the subject. A nice sharp photo, good background,as someone else said, I like the metallicy lid, a slight shame about the shadow, but its no biggy and is still a good photo.

Scenic - For me, number 1. For some random/mindles reason it just made me lol, as if the sheep are saying, "yeah, whatya looking at"... its a nice photo, could you get any more detail out of the sky?

Elegant - It's number 2 for me, I know it's a discussion point, but I really like selective colouring at the moment, so in my eyes this works really well and is a nice photo.

Watery - This fits the theme really well, nice one. A good sharp photo, nice beading water drops, good DOF with the background/spring or whatever it is.

Bold - Another good one, I nearly did almost exactly the same thing for my version of it, but it was a really cloudy day and I knew it wouldnt work, I like the B&W, works really well!

Relax - Good one, the colours on this work really well. I think I looked at your photo the other day to give me some inspiration (changed my mind in the end) but its quite a cool one. Really sharp on the rocks and good lighting and I think it just works well. Well composed too. I nearly said the blue reflection in the water is too much, but in all honesty without that you may not know it was water, so thumbs up from me.

Vertical - Fits the theme well, looks slightly wonky though? it could be my tired blurry eyes though so ignore that if its not, as others have said, its a simple image but portrays the subject perfectly.

Mouth - Quack, I mean, Good one, nice textures on the duck, nicely cropped and detailed photo.

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to look through my thread, the spring in the background in the watery image. Happens to be my right hand side of my rear suspension, on my beloved motorbike. I really do appreaciate your marathon comments catch up.

Last edited:
Mouth, best place for it with some orange sauce nom nom nom.
Nice dof and looks sharp on my tablet. You've captured his green nicely I I like Tue catch light in his eye. I wonder if a bit of the top and left would help but otherwise spot on IMHO. Good stuff!!

Hi Mandy

Really like relax, it made me smile, so bring on more!
Vertical - whats not to like, just simples, so works for me
Mouth - he definitely looks like he is smiling, background is perfect too

First of all I just want to say sorry for falling way behind on comments and keeping up to date with the themes, work life has been crazy for a while now. At long last things are starting to settle down so i am going to crack on with catching up with things as best I can.

week 11 was taken at the Eddie Cochran tribute at the buttercross inn at chippenham, and I have to admit it was very crowded and a good night had by all.

Crowd
Crowd by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Hi Mandy, and welcome back :)

Crowd - a great fit for the theme, they look as though they're enjoying themselves don't they? :)

Hi Mandy, glad to see you're still hanging in here! A really happy looking Crowd (y)

Back