Mat's 52 2017

Edit My Images
Yes
Going to try to complete this, wanted to do a 365 but dont think i will have the time as im starting up my own business and thought there is no point rushing the pics, so a 52 should give me enough time to plan something each week.

Not sure how im going to choose the theme yet, maybe a random word generator or just think of a location i like

Mat

Good luck with your challenge Mat, a 52 is certainly a good place to start (y)

Thanks

Ive decided im going to do an atleast 52, so if i have the extra time i will then go and find an image somewhere.
Hopefully that will be easier than a full on 365 but more open than a 52

Mat

Ok so we wanted to go for a new years day walk, and my 3 year old wanted to see mountains, after our week in wales he has not stopped talking about them.
Obviously didnt fancy driving back to Wales and wasnt sure where we could find mountains round here.
We have never seen old Harry before so decided to go there, my lad loved it as did we.

The light was pretty bad as it was mid day but it was really cloudy so i just tried to make the best image i could

DSC_7593-Pano by mathew whitlock, on Flickr

Last edited:
the light leak was bugging me as i didnt know what it was or how to stop it, now i do so im going to try another shot over the next few weeks

This is beautiful! I know a landscape/seascape should have "foreground interest", but the grass on the right is a little distracting to me and draws my eye away from the cliffs and water.

This is beautiful! I know a landscape/seascape should have "foreground interest", but the grass on the right is a little distracting to me and draws my eye away from the cliffs and water.

I think your right about the grass, i do like the image but i think it can be improved upon, so im going to have another go in the next few weeks hopefully at sunrise or sunset.

many thanks for the comment

Well what a day this has been.
First of all i parked the van in the shot so had to walk back and move it, then the remote stopped working for my nikon.
Then i couldnt get the camera to focus, turns out i moved the wheel thing on the back of the camera and locked it.
Then it started to rain, and finally got a phone call from the wife to say her grandad had passed away so had to rush home to be with her and the kids.

This is the best of the bad pics i did mange, only posting it to stay on track for the 52, may get some time for another tomorrow

Sturminster Mill

as always C+C welcome

DSC_7683-Pano by mathew whitlock, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back