weekly Matts 52's.....PRIDE ADDED

Yet another thread that has slipped through the net.

Direction - A really good idea this and well executed. Think the shot may have benefitted without the crop on the top and bottom.
Fear - An excellent image and great PP. I really like this one, may have to have a go at that kind of thing sometime.
Sigh - A well composed shot with great DOF and a great focal point.
Sweet - Out of the four 1 and 3 are the best ones IMO. The effect from the zooming works well.

Overall a great start and I look forward to seeing the rest of your work.

Like sweet #4 but would have liked a full reflection.

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback, if i haven't already commented on your thread i will get round to it.

As suggested. The full shot with reflection.

DSC00688.jpg

I really like 1 - 3, especially the zoom one if only for spot on use of the technique! Not keen on the last one I must admit, as I don't see a lot of interest in it.

FINALLY got round to doing week 5 secure, sorry for delay guys, busy working and packing for the big move next week.

Anyway the one thing that makes me feel secure is my alarm at night.

Matt

DSC01521.jpg

DSC01520.jpg

and just for fun, i wonder how many people actually feel 'secure' walking under here lol

DSC01098.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

I like number one with the blurred/ layered effect, it's very clever. I'm curious is that a finger coming across to set it in number two? It's difficult to tell but I think it would be better without it!
Did you really take these at the time shown?

I always feel secure in the aquarium tunnels, but I just want to dive with the dangerous fishies!

The goblin said:
I like number one with the blurred/ layered effect, it's very clever. I'm curious is that a finger coming across to set it in number two? It's difficult to tell but I think it would be better without it!
Did you really take these at the time shown?

I always feel secure in the aquarium tunnels, but I just want to dive with the dangerous fishies!

Hi,

Yes it was my finger and agreed it would look better without it, the first picture is also my fav. I only took the shot last night lol my alarm is set wrong with time and date.

I also would love to go for a dive with the fish, they actually offer diving experience packages now.

Matt

Thanks all,

If I haven't got around to your thread I will try my very best this weekend.

Matt

mattd85 said:
I also would love to go for a dive with the fish, they actually offer diving experience packages now.
It's definitely worth doing, I did scuba diving in 95/96 in Ascension island and had a visit by a shark and a green turtle or two! Maybe I'll do it again one day.

The goblin said:
It's definitely worth doing, I did scuba diving in 95/96 in Ascension island and had a visit by a shark and a green turtle or two! Maybe I'll do it again one day.

I would love it, I'm a bit obsessed with fish, I've kept them since I was 12, marine, south American tropicals and cold water, so diving with any fish would be amazing.

Hi, there, looks like I have missed yours.

Direction, wow that's a funky photograph. I'd rather you hadn't cropped the sides.

Fear, ahh, I have seen this before but failed to comment :thinking: first thought was Tron. I quite like the processing. Not saying fear to me, though and you've cropped again. This processing with your brother face on would be a cracker.

Sigh, yip, every week. Fits the theme well.

Sweet, #1 for me...no doubt. The colours are great and I like the upper section a lot. I'd just like to see the lower half in focus.

Safe #3, well composed and bag on theme. Quite blue though. I have a quick edit in post and a quite edit (auto WB) looked better to me.

Cheers and now subscribed...(y)

Hi, there, looks like I have missed yours.

Direction, wow that's a funky photograph. I'd rather you hadn't cropped the sides.

Fear, ahh, I have seen this before but failed to comment :thinking: first thought was Tron. I quite like the processing. Not saying fear to me, though and you've cropped again. This processing with your brother face on would be a cracker.

Sigh, yip, every week. Fits the theme well.

Sweet, #1 for me...no doubt. The colours are great and I like the upper section a lot. I'd just like to see the lower half in focus.

Safe #3, well composed and bag on theme. Quite blue though. I have a quick edit in post and a quite edit (auto WB) looked better to me.

Cheers and now subscribed...(y)

Hi,

Great feedback, thanks

Good work on your 52 so far Matt.(y)
I too haven't commented on your thread before my apologies.
The stand out images for me are 'Fear', great PP on this, I like the effect.
The zooming one for 'sweet', I like that effect, it gives the image something different, almost a 3D effect.
Your first one for secure, again the zooming effect has given it something that makes the image pop.
Iain

Direction – This doesn’t say direction to me I’m afraid.

Fear – The red and black work well together

Sigh – The shallow DoF works well here

Sweet – I like your idea of the petals blowing away. Very clever.

Secure - #1 for me

blakester said:
Good work on your 52 so far Matt.(y)
I too haven't commented on your thread before my apologies.
The stand out images for me are 'Fear', great PP on this, I like the effect.
The zooming one for 'sweet', I like that effect, it gives the image something different, almost a 3D effect.
Your first one for secure, again the zooming effect has given it something that makes the image pop.
Iain

Thanks pal. I must admit I am learning a lot from doing this.

Direction - Great colours, love that you took the shot in the kitchen, it's always a good place to play.

Sweet - I like that you're taking an idea and turning it into something else. My favourite is #3 the zooming one.

Secure - Prefer #1. Really nice clean zoom on that picture, very sci fi.

Thanks guys,

Sorry this is late i have been moving house and its been manic!

Ok so i struggled a bit with industry, not being able to get out due to the house move so i came up with this.

A big hobby/addiction of mine is the comic book/graphic novel industry.

Comic book effect
acb386ee.jpg

Some others
e48d6ef0.jpg

18f9ecf2.jpg

db0c0cb5.jpg

67f6b048.jpg

e2cceb79.jpg

I have "root" lined up and will be on hopefully tomorrow.

Matt

Thanks a lot guys. It has been stressful and exhausting moving house to say the least, it took one whole day 10am until 10pm just for my fish tank to be removed and installed into the new house haha, the camera kind of took a back seat.

Matt

Thanks all, yea the fish tank is 5ft x 1.5ft x 2ft, I had 15 25ltr drums to save SOME of the tank water, then buckets of fish, plants and gravel lol.

Matt

Hi Matt

apologies for somehow managing to miss your thread completely :bonk:

Sweet....liking the Ferero shot...possibly a tad dark but like the reflections :clap:

Secure....the 2nd keypad image for me....good colors & focus , the finger pressing the button sets it off :clap:

Industry....doesn't say Industry to me BUT I reall like image 2....nice POV & great DOF
Image 3 ...now that freaks me out...great shot :clap:

Back