weekly Matts 52's.....PRIDE ADDED

Hi Matt

brilliant idea for WIN.....I scrolled up the thread & as soon as I saw the SC'd shot I said Charlie & the Chocloate Factory....(fab film by the way :D)....all all posted it's #4 for me....simple & to the point...fab :clap:

Shiny...not sure why but #5 catch's my eye most (y)

Money – I like #1 just for it’s amusing aspect you’ve given it

Win – #1 is my favourite of these

Shiny - #3 although I'd have preferred it without the clipped disc. Nice effect though.

Magical - like #3, the books are nicely setup and the colours and DOF add to it.

Entrance - not keen on the effect on #1 but like #2 and #3. I think #3 is my fav, the effect on it makes it a little different. Niec sky

Soft - #1 is great, really says soft. #2 is good too again works well for the theme. #3 is a bit creepy! Not a fan of dolls :runaway:

OMG Matt.....you have been busy with your catch up !

Magical......always a softie for SC so the 3rd image wins for me.....but tied with the 1st image...flames on the book ...great PP :clap:

Soft.....#3 for me....not really sure why but I'm drawn to it...great DOF ....(y)

Entrance......#2 for me...normally quite keen on different colors for a shot but this one works better for au naturel...like the path leading you up , through & beyond the gate ,nice bit of detail in the sky...possibly a touch lighter on the tops of the stone walls -a very minor nit pick....

great work mister...keep 'em coming (y)

Matt you have been very busy!

Magical, I like them all! Excellent PP in no 1, love the simplicity of no2 and a great idea with all the books in 3! The SC in four looks good too.
Only a teeny tiny crit on 3 & 4 is they're not quite straight at the edges, but only just!

Entrance, I like no 1, it really leads your eye. Like the colours in 3 too.

Soft, definitely no 2 for me, but cute kids never fail in my book(y)

A great group of shots to catch up with, you've done well :clap:

Matt

Magical the PP on 1 gets my vote although they are all great shots

Entrance 1 for me too, it leads you on to the field beyond

Soft no 2 or 3 the cute little one or the creepy doll, i don't usually like dolls but keep getting drawn back

Hi Gang,

Firstly apologies again as I've not commented back, i will do this week.

Thanks for all your comments so far

Nice set, though the third one doesn't do it for me at all as the baby's arms are fallen back and it's a little awkward looking.

First one's the best one I'd say and is on theme though the crops a little tight. I keep looking at Dad's thumb in the left corner, I think it's distracting as it is and a different crop to show most of the hand would probably be better ?

oh dear how have I missed so many of yours?

magical - love the 1st one with the fire, right on theme :)
entrance - I prefer the 1st one with the zoom burst (currently trying to get the hang of this technique lol)
soft - I like the last one with the teddy asleep on the books - lighting is just right as is the BG colour
pride - again the 1st one is spot on for me. So maybe just post the 1st one each time :LOL:

Hi Matt,

Pride - I think #1,2 and #4 are all really good photos. I can see why you're having difficulties picking just one! Personally, for the theme I'd pick #1 but my overall favourite is #4.

Hi Matt

Magical - I like the potter collection of books the best, not feeling the selective colour, but the dof used on the full colour is really effective#

Entrance - I dont like the Zoom i'm afraid, I'm Preferring the last one, I can see a lot more detail in the stonework compared to the second, the PP used adds to the style nicely

Soft - No:1 for me I think of the 3.. doll shot is well executed but just looks odd, shame it wasnt a real baby balancing on there :D

Pride - The first one is bang on theme to me, all real nice shots, the big hands showing the delicate size of the baby, the first says Pride to me - Nice shot

LOVELY pride shots! Number one especially is perfect! My sister in law is due to give birth next week, and the family are already saying they want me to take some pictures. I hope I can do half as good as that :)

Awwww newborn babies are just the cutest!

I agree with Paul that Daddy's thumb in number one is a little distracting. You either need the whole hand or crop the thumb out. I like the close crop though.

Number two really shows how small the baby is, my only issue is the bottom left is a little dark!

I like three, shiny new babies are so floppy! But the black thing on dads top in the middle is grabbing my eye!

Love 4, I tried (and failed) to shoot similar of my kids! I gave up trying!

Even with all the above I think they're a great set and the parents will love them(y)

Magic - #2 for me with nice use of DoF

Entrance - I find #1 a bit off putting for the subject and given the flat lighting I think my preference would go to the pp'ing given to #3

Soft - I like #1 but feel it could be improved by cropping out the coving and poster

Pride - Nice set. I really like #1 out of them.

Matt,

'Entrance' - I think number one works quite well but prefer the hues in number 2.

'Pride' - lovely set of images No 1 face-to-face is very good but I also like No.2 with the babies head 'cupped' and secure. Really nice work.

Nick

Hi all,

Thanks for all your comments throughout my thread but I'm afraid to say I'm bowing out, I'm finding the time hard to reply to everyone's threads and I feel really guilty all the time when I don't comment on them. Plus I'm having issues with virgin media and there so called customer service, my internet is constantly on and off.

Hope you all stick at it, I have learned a lot from doing this challenge and it has definatly pushed me further than I would of imagined, but I hardly have any spare time with work and family life.

Good luck to everyone

Matt :(

Back