Michael23's 52! Revised Slide Show Added

Hiya Michael,

Congratulations on the successful completion of your 2011 Photo52. :clap:

The edit for 'Talk' is much better (y)

I love the lateral thinking for glass, it's a pity you couldn't get the shot from a lower angle to get some light reflection/glassy effect of the wet sand ... that would have completed the image nicely. However a great shot. Well done!

How lucky for you to be able to get your final shot at the same time. A lovely photo, however I think I would have preferred the legs and toes in focus, with the dof more on the stone/paving. But still a nice shot for the finish of your fantastic project.

You have been an absolute gem throughout the year, always polite and honest with your comments and critique. A very consistent member of the team and it has been a pleasure to view your photos and support you through the year.

Looking back on your year I can see the progress you have made and you are entitled to be very proud of you work.

Please don't disappear into the ethos of TP land .... it would be great to keep in contact and I will be on the lookout for other photos/projects you post.

All the best for the New Year to you and your family.

I'm sorry to hear about your computer problems, which I hope you get sorted soon as I would love to see the slide show you made of the Photo52. What a great idea, and if I knew how to do that I would try same.

Take care my friend and thanks again for your support.

Cheers

Dawn x

Love the bird Michael, nice and sharp.

Well done for finishing the 52.
What will we do next year?

Hiya Neil, thanks for all the support you have put into this thread over the past year, very much appreciated (y) As for next year, I have decided to go with the 52 project again, this year saw the completion of my 1st proper and dedicated photographic project, I would like to do the same again next year, but will be wanting to fit other stuff in as well.

Michael, strong finish. Light...I can never not smile when I see that happy chap.:D

As Kev says nice bit of lateral thinking for glass (y)

Nature, like it. Nice and sharp with eye contact and I love the bird's legs.

Cheers and well done for finishing...:clap:

Thanks very much Andy for all your support throughout the year. Pleased you like the finale!

Hiya Michael,

Congratulations on the successful completion of your 2011 Photo52. :clap:

The edit for 'Talk' is much better (y)

I love the lateral thinking for glass, it's a pity you couldn't get the shot from a lower angle to get some light reflection/glassy effect of the wet sand ... that would have completed the image nicely. However a great shot. Well done!

How lucky for you to be able to get your final shot at the same time. A lovely photo, however I think I would have preferred the legs and toes in focus, with the dof more on the stone/paving. But still a nice shot for the finish of your fantastic project.

You have been an absolute gem throughout the year, always polite and honest with your comments and critique. A very consistent member of the team and it has been a pleasure to view your photos and support you through the year.

Looking back on your year I can see the progress you have made and you are entitled to be very proud of you work.

Please don't disappear into the ethos of TP land .... it would be great to keep in contact and I will be on the lookout for other photos/projects you post.

All the best for the New Year to you and your family.

I'm sorry to hear about your computer problems, which I hope you get sorted soon as I would love to see the slide show you made of the Photo52. What a great idea, and if I knew how to do that I would try same.

Take care my friend and thanks again for your support.

Cheers

Dawn x

Hiya Dawn thanks for all of your support through the project, it is all very much appreciated and thank you so much for the kind comments. As for the Turnstone, I was upto 800 iso already, this was at f4, the wind was blowing like mad, one of the strongest winds I have come across in a long while, nearly lifting and blowing us over! BUt it was fun, also it's a great reason to go back to the beach to get some different shots! I love these birds and never get fed up of photographing them.

As for the slideshow, it is fairly easy to get it done, you will most likely have windows movie maker or windows live movie maker on your computer. If you go into that you will be able to create the slideshow/movie. Just select all the pics you want in it from the add file location and this will load them into a time line at the bottom, you will also be able to add a music track off your computer as well.

I am with out my computer for around 18 days, I am just hoping the repairers can get all the pics off the drive for me. So fingers and everything crossed there. I can't get them all off flickr either, as I need to upgrade to a pro membership. But I will hopefully get the slideshow redone.

I am going for the 52 again for 2012 as I have enjoyed this one so much. HOpefully fitting in other stuff too.

(y)(y)

Congrats on completing your 52 Michael :clap: & ggod to see you taking the pluge for next year....we're all blooming :wacky:

Absolute belter of a pic to finish with...Nature , love the DOF,the pin sharp eye &.....well just love it :clap::clap:

Thanks for all you kind words & encouragement over the last 12 months & look forward to doing it all over again next year :D

Right, managed to get all of the pics needed to redo my slideshow, so hopefully my long wait for it to upload has been worth it and hope I have done this youtube thing right!

Can't seem to embed, so here is the link. I hope you all enjoy it (y)

http://youtu.be/av7uVs76vBY

List of themes used in 2011

Week 1 : Accomodation
Week 2 : New
Week 3 : Style
Week 4 : Open
Week 5 : Hard
Week 6 : Clutter
Week 7 : Delicate
Week 8 : Chaos
Week 9 : Finish
Week 10 :Trio
Week 11 : Reshoot and/or knowledge (see above for explanation of reshoots)
Week 12 : Moderation
Week 13 : Empty
Week 14 : Object
Week 15 : Wrong
Week 16 : Reshoot and/or paradox
Week 17 : Tropical
Week18 : Power
Week 19 : Divided
Week 20 : Promise
Week 21 : Twisted
Week 22 : Hidden
Week 23 : Broken
Week 24 : Bright
Week 25 : Rescue
Week 26 : Sensual
Week 27 : Elaborate
Week 28 : Celebrate
Week 29 : Smell
Week 30 : Weird
Week 31 : Wind
Week 32 : Evolution
Week 33 : Record
Week 34 : Work
Week 35 : Blur
Week 36 : Time
Week 37 : Mix
Week 38 : Fun
Week 39 : Volume
Week 40 : Explode
Week 41 : Rapid
Week 42 : Weave
Week 43 : Abstract
Week 44 : Pair
Week 45 : Safe
Week 46 : Living
Week 47 : Reshoot and/or Light
Week 48 : Cute
Week 49 : Talk
Week 50 : Weather
Week 51 : Light
Week 52 : Glass

Special bonus theme, because I messed up week 51 - "Nature"

I have just noticed the pics aren't in he exact order at the start :bonk: Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Hiya Michael, great idea to compile a slide show/video of your photo52, and congratulations on completing the challenge. I think it would have been good if you could have included a caption/title for each of the weeks to identify what the theme was. It is, however, evident the knowledge and experience you have achieved from the project. All the best to you for 2012 and it was an absolute pleasure you being on our 2011 team. Dx

Thanks Dawn, I wanted to overlay the title, but it didn't work for some strange reason. (y)(y)

What a pity, because I think that would have added so much to the show. :crying:

For those viewing, who are not aware of the themes for the weeks, I don't think they will get the connection.

However, having said that, if they do ..... it just goes to show the powerful impact your photo has ;)

I really must try and do something like this too.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hiya Neil, pleased you liked the slide show.

I used windows live movie maker, also known as windows movie maker, this will already be installed on your computer, just type movie into the search bar on your start menu and it should come straight up. It is very straight forward from there, just click on the import files choose your pics and they will be added to a timeline, at the top you can alter transitions, times etc, also add music in the same way you added the pics. It works very well, just be aware though that it takes a while to process the final movie, of course this will differ on different pcs. There is an option in movie maker to upload directly to youtube as well.(y)

A photo book sounds like a good idea, when I can retrieve my original files I might give this a go, check groupon out if you are registered, I have seen a good few offers coming through on photobooks recently.

michael....your original video is awesome... i love the randomness of the weeks...

i don't know if it had music, but i'd got a playlist open on another tab http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjQh034Jbhk&feature=BFa&list=PL094415194C1C0F4C&lf=autoplay and i just sat and marvelled (remembering each week's photo) .. but ironically Linkin Park In The End finished just as i reached the end... how fitting?

You did exceptional in 2011... i expect the bar to be raised much higher in 2012..much higher ;)

...edit...oops you did put sound on the second video... my bad!!

Cheers for the great comments Kev. The bar as you say has been set, so hopefully I can pull another year off. Pleased you like the video, the music I included really does benefit from full volume. I quite like the piece you linked too!

2012 is looking like a busy togging year, as I really want to do the poty competition again, at least to improve this years scoring. (y)

Back