Michael23's 52! Revised Slide Show Added

I thought I would have ago with a bit more light painting, so once again darkened my front room and got my torch out. I am very happy with my pine cones shot, I thought I would have a little more practice and use this as a learning exercise as well,

So diffused torch to hand, these were taken with the siggy 50-200

Spongebob And Flat Eric! by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Spongebob And Flat Eric 2! by scilly puffin, on Flickr

:D

Last edited:
Hi Michael

Cones...cracking image for Pair :clap: ...the mono works really well , nice detail & DOF...would've liked to see the color version as well ?

:LOL:

Spongebob, I believe? I prefer the black and white version best as the light appears more even across the image. The colour seems more varied.

Hi Tina, Spongbob indeed! I too preferred the black and white, as you say the lighting looks better for some reason.

Hi Michael

Cones...cracking image for Pair :clap: ...the mono works really well , nice detail & DOF...would've liked to see the color version as well ?

Hiya Lynne, I actually did the black and white in camera, so I didn't have a colour version of this particular one. The ones I did in colour did not turn out very well at all, will have to give them another go at some point.

How can anyone not like Spongebob.....(y)

It has to be the colour version for me. Spongebob in B&W, my daughter would not be happy...;)

Where's Squidward...he would have been to ideal partner.

Cheers.

Didn't think I was going to get done in time this week! I have had no ideas what to do for this theme at all, and I didn't want to play a joker. So a little look around the house brought me to the following item, a surge protector! Keeping my electrical safe. I have also used this opportunity to once again darken the room and use a bit of light painting to light the subject, then a black and white conversion and added some vignetting.

Week 45, Safe by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Hiya Tina, thanks very much for your thoughts. They are taken on board, this is one of those situations where I had a dedicated macro lens! This was done with my 70-300 at its closest focus, so dof was a nightmare to get right. I think it has lost a little sharpness during upload, it looks a better on my screen when I view it normally. It is another marmite shot, I was wanting somehing much better for the theme, but I can't find nor think of anything else! :bonk:

Hi Michael

like your idea for the Safe theme...the words " surgemaster " being in focus hit the theme nicley....can't help wondering about a color version though... presumably it has some red lights on it ? I quite like the vignette effect...keeps your eyes concentrated on the right bits....like it :clap:

Hiya Michael,

Doing a catchup on latest posts ....

Spongebob is a well known character and fav in our house .... but have to say that neither of the 2 shots appeal to me .... sorry :crying: There is just something about them that is just not right :shrug:

Onto Safe .... I have to say I like your light painting on this one ..... and a great idea for the them :clap:

Hope the crit re the Pair isn't taken too harsh.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Really like you pine cones photo!

HIya Lisa! Thank you very much for popping by my, and for your comment, it is very much appreciated!

Hi Michael

like your idea for the Safe theme...the words " surgemaster " being in focus hit the theme nicley....can't help wondering about a color version though... presumably it has some red lights on it ? I quite like the vignette effect...keeps your eyes concentrated on the right bits....like it :clap:

Hiya Lynne, pleased you like it. As for the colour version, I have had a lot of attempts at getting look right, 1 of the lights is green and the other orange, which got a little affected with the light painting, I was able to bring the colour back in them with the luminance curve, but then the rest of the image was too dark, and I couldn't find a happy medium, so went with the b+w.

Hiya Michael,

Doing a catchup on latest posts ....

Spongebob is a well known character and fav in our house .... but have to say that neither of the 2 shots appeal to me .... sorry :crying: There is just something about them that is just not right :shrug:

Onto Safe .... I have to say I like your light painting on this one ..... and a great idea for the them :clap:

Hope the crit re the Pair isn't taken too harsh.

Cheers

Hiya Dawn thanks for the comments, your crit on the spongebob image is fine, so no worries there. I think spongebob will have to model for me again at some point. I can understand your thoughts, and I will admit to feeling a little of the same too, more experimenting is needed I think. (y)

Hi, Michael, your safe is safe and soft.

I'd like to see all the writing in focus and the vignetting draws the eye in, but a tad too much for me. Parts of the white buttons :thinking: seem to have lost some detail.

I do like the angle, though.

Cheers.

What a week, and I didn't think this was going to get done! I have had to think outside the box with this! As you will know from some of my previous pics, I have been using light painting, and I wanted to have ago at writing with the light! And with the addition of a very expensive £1 torch from the £1 shop. After a few goes this is my best

Week 46, Living by scilly puffin, on Flickr

It's like practicing handwriting allover again :LOL: But I am pleased with the outcome.

Hope you all like it!
(y)

Hiya Michael,

Well done on your light painting writing .... I think you have done a great job. The best thing is, for me, it really brings the image alive.

:clap:

Cheers

Hi, Michael, as I've said before elsewhere, there's nowt wrong with a literal interpretation of the theme.

For a first attempt at light writing you've done well...

Cheers.

Hi Joe, thanks for your comments. I agree certainly room for improvement, will be practising more at some point, It was actually quite awkward getting a fluid movement as I had to keep the button depressed all the time, as it doesn't actually have a button that clicks in.

I don't know yet weather to use the same technique for light, I am not sure what I am going to do for this theme.
(y)

Well, looks like it's going to be a late submission from me this week! I have somehow managed to lose the charger for my 30d's batteries!:bang::bonk::(
So I now have 4 dead batteries! How on earth I managed to lose it I have no idea!

Oh dear Michael, how on earth did you manage to do that. I would offer to send you my charger, but unfortunately need it to charge the batteries.

Hope you can pick another up soon, if you don't find your charger.

Cheers

If only I knew :LOL: We have a cupboard, nick named the black hole where things go missing, If I go in there, I may be sometime :LOL: :cautious:

:LOL: Michael ..... you have the Photo52 syndrome :LOL:

:cool:

Dx

Back